“Will never stay here again”

Millennium Gold Hotel
Ranked #149 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I would rather sleep at the airport next time.

Hotel is located near the airport but It is not so easy to walk from the airport.
The way to the hotel is too dark and we felt not safe on the street.

The hotel is just next to the busiest road and so so so so noisy all night. I mean 24hours.
It was like we slept on the street.

Room is so dusty and we found a spider and spidernet in our room.
When I went to the bath room to brush my teeth, and grab the cup, I was so surprised!!!!!
There were many bag's carcass in the cup!!!!
And the hotel costs me €100.

I have to say, if you have an early flight next morning, you should stay at the other hotel in the city and just take a taxi to the airport!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I would rather have slept on the streets, if you weren't going to be mugged or get wet.

Very Poor in so many ways.
The staff did nothing to make my stay anything other than functional.
Despite 2 requests for a sheet between the bottom sheet and matress, no action taken.
Bland food in a restaurant that had the subtle lighting of a football stadium on match night.

Having said all of this I don't think any of the Hotels in Naples are any better.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We needed a hotel near the airport and this one fit the bill. We were able to walk from it to the airport the next morning in approx 15 minutes or less. The surprise was the upscale look of the place and it's cleanliness and efficiency. Staff could speak English and were very nice. We arrived late in the evening and were so pleased to find a full service restaurant on premises. There was nothing much else available in the surrounding streets which are industrial and would put you off initially Luckily I had read enough reviews on TA to know that once inside it is fine. One hitch was the promise, on line, of a free drink upon arrival. I just took that at face value and ordered a gin and tonic from the bar. Later I was charged 6 euro for that drink and they wouldn't budge about it. Apparently the free drink is a glass of wine. Anyway, the place was nice, the restaurant was terrific and we had delicious meals. Our room was 90 euro and the meal with liquor and soda was 39 euro for two. Our favorite hotel while in Naples is the Mercure near Garibaldi square, however, if we need to be near the airport for early departure or late arrival we will be staying at the Millenium again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed here one night after being in Naples on business. On arrival, I'd had a near 15 hour day and was very tired.

Checked in and went to my room. 2 single beds, ancient dusty tv with what seemed like 8,500 italian only channels. Very dusty room looking out onto the busiest road in Naples. The Italians love using their horns and this went on 24/7.

Went downstairs to have a look round. There was one person eating in the restaurant and nobody else to be found.....

A couple of hours later, there were 6 people in the restaurant so I had local mozzerella and some homemade pasta. It was awesome!! Washed down with a bottle of chianti at a very reasonable 10 Euros.

Bad nights sleep, no shower curtain around the bath and the breakfast was pretty naff.

In short, great staff, good evening meal, plenty of free sweets dotted around the hotel in little bowls (weird!!) but I'd rather sleep in the car or the airport next time

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a month and the service was excelent, they can either communicate in English Spanish or Italian, my room was always and changed everyday, i have room service with no extracharge, and the Restaurant has a great deal of the beast of the Italian cousine. Jot to mention my everyday capuchino and all the other goodies at breakfast time.
I must mention the great and friendly service of the receptionists Favio and Antonio.
and the excelent service from those lovely waiters Caludia and Analissa, and my complement to the Chef Savio.
I definately recommned this hotel to anyone..CIAO

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steniog
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The hotel is close to the airport, which can be reached by foot in around 15 minutes. Still a bit far if it is raining or you have a lot of bags. The area is quite "dead" at night, and dirty, but I felt safe there anyway. The staff (of which I have only seen two guys at the reception) was nice and spoke english very well, and the room was ok for what I paid. I had a room to the backside of the hotel, which was quiet but faced an industrial area and a car park. Well, I did not go there to have a great view, so I did not care. There is Wifi with really good signal strength - I paid 5 Euro for what the guy at the reception said would be "unlimited", but it ended after three hours. That's what was also stated on the card, but I didn't see it until I was force-logged out. Next time I know.
The room and bathroom appeared reasonably clean, but the saucer for the tooth-brushing cup had been used to put soap there by someone before me, had not been cleaned, and had accumulated dust in the soap leftovers. In fact, it was disgusting and I cleaned it myself...
There is a simple TV set in the room with what feels like 500 italian programs, but not a single international one. Ok, I can live with this, but I would prefer to have at least one news channel in english.

For a stopover, I would stay there again, especially if I was about to catch an early flight. But with no other hotel anywhere as close to the airport as this one, this decision is not solely based on how comfortable my stay was...

Room Tip: rooms to the back are less noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

+ Close to the airport (800 m by foot), which is ideal if you have an early flight. However, if you have a lot of luggage, you still might need a taxi. Also close (300 m) to the car rental park. WiFi is rather cheap: 5 EUR for 3 hours.
- Not cosy, it is more a business hotel. The area around the hotel is dead - no restaurants or bars You can get food in the restaurant but don't expect high quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Luxor Hotel
#82 of 185 in Naples
Hotel Joyfull
Hotel Joyfull
#80 of 185 in Naples

Been to Millennium Gold Hotel? Share your experiences!