“Our arrival spot in Italy”

Millennium Gold Hotel
Ranked #142 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Reno, Nevada
“Our arrival spot in Italy”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We arrived about 9:30 PM after a long flight from San Francisco. The hotel is very near the airport, which was our main reason for choosing it. I disagree with the negative reviews that I had read. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant happily served us a light meal at closing time and breakfast was very nice. The hotel is not within walking distance of the airport and cabs at night will not run on the meter and overcharge. Cost should be 10 euros with tip. The desk arranged for good cab service the next morning and was very friendly and helpful, especially with information about local transportation and attractions. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the busy street if it seems busy when you arrive.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlton O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This place is close enough to the airport to walk, but don't do it at night because the neighborhood is very bad. The restaurant inside serves terrible food, and the only place near enough to walk to is McDonalds. I got bed bug bites in this hotel. The only thing nice about it is the staff. Even driving to go to eat is a pain.. Driving from the hotel to the airport takes about as long as walking would have due to the interesting nature of the street it is on.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bonesjackson

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I would rather sleep at the airport next time.

Hotel is located near the airport but It is not so easy to walk from the airport.
The way to the hotel is too dark and we felt not safe on the street.

The hotel is just next to the busiest road and so so so so noisy all night. I mean 24hours.
It was like we slept on the street.

Room is so dusty and we found a spider and spidernet in our room.
When I went to the bath room to brush my teeth, and grab the cup, I was so surprised!!!!!
There were many bag's carcass in the cup!!!!
And the hotel costs me €100.

I have to say, if you have an early flight next morning, you should stay at the other hotel in the city and just take a taxi to the airport!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I would rather have slept on the streets, if you weren't going to be mugged or get wet.

Very Poor in so many ways.
The staff did nothing to make my stay anything other than functional.
Despite 2 requests for a sheet between the bottom sheet and matress, no action taken.
Bland food in a restaurant that had the subtle lighting of a football stadium on match night.

Having said all of this I don't think any of the Hotels in Naples are any better.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We needed a hotel near the airport and this one fit the bill. We were able to walk from it to the airport the next morning in approx 15 minutes or less. The surprise was the upscale look of the place and it's cleanliness and efficiency. Staff could speak English and were very nice. We arrived late in the evening and were so pleased to find a full service restaurant on premises. There was nothing much else available in the surrounding streets which are industrial and would put you off initially Luckily I had read enough reviews on TA to know that once inside it is fine. One hitch was the promise, on line, of a free drink upon arrival. I just took that at face value and ordered a gin and tonic from the bar. Later I was charged 6 euro for that drink and they wouldn't budge about it. Apparently the free drink is a glass of wine. Anyway, the place was nice, the restaurant was terrific and we had delicious meals. Our room was 90 euro and the meal with liquor and soda was 39 euro for two. Our favorite hotel while in Naples is the Mercure near Garibaldi square, however, if we need to be near the airport for early departure or late arrival we will be staying at the Millenium again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed here one night after being in Naples on business. On arrival, I'd had a near 15 hour day and was very tired.

Checked in and went to my room. 2 single beds, ancient dusty tv with what seemed like 8,500 italian only channels. Very dusty room looking out onto the busiest road in Naples. The Italians love using their horns and this went on 24/7.

Went downstairs to have a look round. There was one person eating in the restaurant and nobody else to be found.....

A couple of hours later, there were 6 people in the restaurant so I had local mozzerella and some homemade pasta. It was awesome!! Washed down with a bottle of chianti at a very reasonable 10 Euros.

Bad nights sleep, no shower curtain around the bath and the breakfast was pretty naff.

In short, great staff, good evening meal, plenty of free sweets dotted around the hotel in little bowls (weird!!) but I'd rather sleep in the car or the airport next time

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a month and the service was excelent, they can either communicate in English Spanish or Italian, my room was always and changed everyday, i have room service with no extracharge, and the Restaurant has a great deal of the beast of the Italian cousine. Jot to mention my everyday capuchino and all the other goodies at breakfast time.
I must mention the great and friendly service of the receptionists Favio and Antonio.
and the excelent service from those lovely waiters Caludia and Analissa, and my complement to the Chef Savio.
I definately recommned this hotel to anyone..CIAO

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steniog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Le Cheminee Business Hotel
#74 of 186 in Naples
Hotel Joyfull
Hotel Joyfull
#77 of 186 in Naples

Been to Millennium Gold Hotel? Share your experiences!