We stayed in the Donna Regina for 4 nights while visiting Naples for the first time. We chose it because of the rave reviews. It is in a good location for walking to sights and for catching public transportation. The entry to the building leaves a lot to be desired. There is a small elevator which worked most of the time while we were there. The B&B itself is pretty impressive at first glance because of the artwork in it. Our room was large and comfortable and clean upon arrival. We were disappointed that our bathroom was down the hall but when other occupants described the staircase they had to maneuver to get to their bathroom, the location of ours didn't seem so bad after all. The staff was friendly. But when we asked for a waste basket for our room we were told we would be given one and it never happened. We spoke and understood some Italian which was very helpful at this property. The breakfast was very good but did not vary from day to day. The rooms did not seem to be cleaned thoroughly during our stay. The wifi did not work in the bedroom. We had to go out into the hall or the living room to use it. This was one of 6 different places that we stayed in over the course of 4 weeks of traveling and it is the only place we wouldn't return to. And by the way, be aware that the proprietor will only take cash payment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B&B DONNA REGINA The perfect place to be in Naples.For slow travellers, tourists and artists.This exclusive bed and breakfast is part of the “Donna Regina Vecchia” convent built in the XIV century according to the willing of the Queen Maria of Hungary. Nowadays a family of artists welcome their guests in this elegant and comfortable B&B situated at the 4th floor of this historical complex.B&B Donna Regina is situated in the heart of the old Naples: the Duomo,the Archaeological Museum, Spaccanapoli, and the most important monuments as well as some of the best Restaurants and Pizzerie are reachable in a few steps. At B&B Donna Regina, on request, you can experience a traditional Neapolitan dinner served in the warm and artistic atmosphere of the antique kitchen.Each room, furnished with original and antique furnishings belonging to the family, has its own individual identity and offer the personal artistic touch of Donna Gabriella.All rooms are spacious and have ensuite private bathroom with shower.B&B Donna Regina offers:Double Rooms, Triple Rooms and Double single use.Two of the double rooms have an overhead gallery with other two single beds.B&B Donna Regina is located in the heart of the old town centre of Naples, close to the Archaeological Museum, the Duomo, Spaccanapoli, and the most important monuments as well as some of the best Restaurants and Pizzerie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Donna Regina B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donna Regina Hotel Naples
- Donna Regina Bed And Breakfast