“convenient for airport”

Ranked #154 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“convenient for airport”
Reviewed 4 January 2009

good for those in transit (we stayed after late arrival from uk and in transit to sorrento)
adjacent to car hire carparks......... we didn't need to collect our hire car until the morning after our arrival so saved some money there!
the area in which the hotel is located is a bit rough.
not 4 star but adequate for our purposes i.e needing a bed.
staff very pleasant and helpful

• Stayed December 2008
3 Thank ericleroi7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
jackson, tn
Reviewed 19 October 2008

We were quite dissapointed upon arriving at the hotel. The photographs on this website appear to be outdated. The overall condition of the hotel would best be termed as "shabby". Seems like it was once a very nice hotel, but has not been kept up as it should be. In our room the toilet did not work correctly and was a chore to flush. Also, they have a guard dog in the courtyard, which has a habit of barking loudly at all times of the night. The TV colors were all messed up and only got 2 channels. Why should the TV Matter? Because Naples itself is a dump, and from what we can tell, rather dangerous at night, so we stayed in after dark. When compared to the city as a whole, the hotel does not seem so bad. It is definitely convenient to the airport, and is easy to get to the center of town by walking to the airport and catching the Alibus. To get to the hotel from the Airport, walk out the front of Terminal 1 to the first intersection, make your first right, and then your first left. The hotel is a block up on the left. If you do stay here, I definitely recommend the small pizzarea right down the street. Best pizza we had in Naples, and we did go to the so-called best places in town.

• Liked — Convenient location nearby the airport
  • Disliked — shabby accomodation, not up the standards of the other places we stayed in italy.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soybot

Travellers are raving about these Naples hotels

Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2008

Don't stay at this hotel if you're looking for luxury. This place is quite basic and is situated next to a very busy road. However, it's ideally located for the airport, the rooms are nice enough and there's a good little restaurant just around the corner, which serves pizza, pasta and very good cheap local wine. Breakfast was simple but adequate.

To get to the hotel DO NOT (like us) take a taxi from the arrivals hall at a cost of E20. Instead, cross the road and look for the free car rental minibus that takes you to the car rental parking, which happens to be right next door to the hotel.

We stayed here because we didn't want to risk driving to Amalfi at night after an evening flight from London. I would recommend this hotel for its convenience but not for its quality.

• Liked — Proximity to Airport
  • Disliked — Uninspiring
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pete W
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 September 2008

This is supposed to be a 4- star hotel but I would give it one or two at the most. There is a workout room/spa close to the hotel which may be the reason it received four stars. The staff was abrupt and unfriendly and did not repond to requests. I noticed on arrival that we had no water glasses in the room. I asked at least four times over three days for glasses and they never were provided. The pool was small but adequate. However, you had to take your towel from the bathroom to the pool and fresh ones were not provided in the evening. I recall no turndown service. The breakfast was what I would expect in a one or two star hotel. The only plus for this hotel is that it is a couple of blocks from the airport. The room was clean but noisy. The neighborhood is not one where I would walk around much after dark.

One tip: there is a good pizza restaurant about four doors down on the left as you leave the front door.

Stayed July 2008
1 Thank textbook-writer
Jersey City
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We were traveling on our honeymoon and were flying out of Naples on the morning of July 26th at 8:50 a.m., so we had to stay in Naples one night in order to be on the airport on time. This hotel is advertised as being right next to the airport, which it is, so we were happy to be so close. However, there was an incident for which the hotel should have been responsible but offered no assistance or solution. Months earlier, I thought my wife and I would need a car to transport us from Positano to Naples the night of our stay. I had corresponded with Giuseppe Balestrino of the hotel who was very helpful and said he would be able to arrange a car. Once we got to Italy, we realized we wouldn't need transportation from Positano and I sent two e-mails 3 days before our stay to inform the hotel that we wouldn't need a car from Positano, and asked them to confirm. I received no confirmation. The day before our stay, I spoke at length with whomever was working that day to tell them the situation and they confirmed that the car from Positano would be cancelled. However, after we checked in on the 26th I got a call from the front desk asking if we had arranged for a car to Positano, and I told the desk clerk (Enzo Coscone) that we had cancelled twice with the hotel, and furthermore, we never spoke with any car company and the hotel had arranged it all, so I wouldn't even know who to speak with. I mentioned that Giuseppe had made all the arrangements, but I was told he was on vacation. The clerk said he would handle it, but an hour later, after my wife and I had fallen asleep, we got another call from the desk saying the driver was in the hotel demanding to be paid. I went downstairs and when I told the desk clerk this was the hotel's responsibility for failing to cancel the arrangements they made and I repeated that I sent the e-mail and spoke to someone the day before, the desk clerk, Enzo, threw up his hands and said he wasn't working the day before and wasn't responsible for anything!!

I genuinely felt bad for the driver because he did make the trip and it wasn't his fault the hotel screwed up. I gave him 50 Euro for his trouble, but the Hotel didn't offer him or me anything! 150 Euro is probably not a big deal to a hotel - but is a much bigger deal to Americans traveling in Europe with a bad conversion rate. The hotel also offered no apology - just arrogant indifference.

• Liked — Close to the Airport
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gborak85
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 June 2008

Don't be put off by the web photos as they do not do the hotel any justice. It is a pleasant surprise convenient hotel in the Car Rental car park. We walked from departures (5 minutes) or you can get the Car Rental shuttle. This hotel is perfect, comfortable and economic for a flight that is in late and if you need to pick up a hire car the following morning, as we did. My fiancé and I stayed here for one night and were very happy with the hotel. We were greeted by the concierge who got us checked in and then brought our bags to the room. Reception were more than helpful and there is free internet. McDonald's is a 5 minute walk from the hotel or there is also an Agip Petrol Station if you prefer. The room was large with a very nice shower and air conditioning. Breakfast was buffet style where we sat out in the lovely 25 degree morning sun!. Great location, comfortable and good price!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tinseltoes
london
Reviewed 8 June 2008

This hotel was booked for my dad and niece and myself by my boyfriend as a last minute thought. We decided to fly back to London from Naples and see Pompeii. We chose this hotel because it is literally less than a 5 minute walk to the hotel. The hotel itself is a little dated but they do try hare to keep it clean. The decor is dated. However, I would not have a complaint to make considering the reasons we chose the hotel. The staff are SO amazing and friendly! The breakfast is simple but really nice. I have nothing bad to stay about the hospitality!

• Liked — location to airport
  • Disliked — dated decor
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mle_webb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Millennium Gold Hotel
#75 of 186 in Naples
Hotel Joyfull
Hotel Joyfull
#77 of 186 in Naples

Been to Charming International Hotel? Share your experiences!