“Best Hostel in Naples”

Ranked #1 of 176 Speciality Lodging in Naples
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best Hostel in Naples”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This capped a great trip with a great hostel and great staff. Was met by the amazing harriet and luca who offer you a drink before talking bookings etc! facilities were top notch! they sit you down and draw all over a map of where to eat and what to do! the local knowledge is second to none!! all the staff are amazing. great wi-fi aswell! met some cool people there aswell!

Room Tip: Trust them when they recommend food. it was 10/10 every time.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rob S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Ufa, Russia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

When I arrived at the hostel, I was met a very friendly girl on the reception,Barbara. She gave me keys, showed me my room going with me on the other floor. While we were in the lift, she gave me a lot of information about the hostel and Naples. This hostel has cozy rooms and a kitchen where guests can cook or just have coffee or tea. I liked breakfast in the morning. The hostel is situated near the port and I could find it easily. Wi-Fi was quite good and there are TVs and computers near the reception. I can say that I would return this hostel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Zhanna K
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 17 August 2014

As a group of 4 friends we had a great stay in this hostel. We had a spacious private bedroom with a good shower and working toilet. Only the Wifi-connection wasn't that great, but I personally didn't mind. You could always go upstairs to the reception and use the Wifi or the computers over there. You can even print some documents for free if you want. The staff is just so friendly, enthousiastic and very helpfull. Also some good breakfast for free, a nice chilling area and a little bar with some improvised cocktails for €6 (or 2 for 6 on the happy hours). Just based on the vibe of this hostel, I think this is the best one i've ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at Hostel of the Sun for 4 nights in a private room with ensuite - the room & bathroom were great, modern, spacious and clean. We also had a little balcony off the room with table & chairs, which was a nice surprise. The air-conditioning worked really well. Our room was on the 6th floor (one floor below reception). The staff were very friendly & helpful - the only negative was that they had charged my credit card for one night the day before we arrived in case we didn't arrive (I had a prepaid travel card which I wanted to pay on, and so it was a bit annoying that the night was charged before we arrived - if the hostel are concerned about this, they should charge a bigger deposit, as it is illegal to take funds without consent and I paid more with the exchange rate on my credit card). We did the day trip to Capri that the hostel endorse - we had a lot of issues with this trip, which were nothing to do with the hostel (the staff were excellent in helping resolve them). The hostel was in a pretty central location (fairly easy to walk around Naples) - just remember to take some 5 or 10c Euro coins to use the lift when you arrive with luggage (as it is on the 7th floor - the staff will collect you otherwise). The wifi worked well in our room. The breakfast was typical for a hostel - toast, cereal and juice (it is quite a small area so I'd recommend trying to get in fairly early or not be in too much of a rush to eat). Overall, I would recommend the hostel and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
bristol
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed in Hostel of the Sun on our first night for 3 days. There's a lot of steps to get there as its on 7th floor or you can take the lift if you fancy! We were welcomed so well! It felt like we had known these guys for ages! They advised us on all the sites and were so helpful! Lots of Bob Marley playing which keeps the atmosphere chilled. Breaky was fab, more than I expected! With 5kg pots of nutella! :) the dorms were fab; airy, spacious, well-equipped and had a balcony to hang clothes :)
Overall, fantastic stay and very friendly people, would definitely recommend as its situated very centrally too!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank BecciWilliams
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hard to find and its on the 7th floor. However, there is a good atmosphere and a cheap bar. The staff are very helpful and multilingual. Breakfast was basic with toast and jam. Pretty central to the centre of naples. Lots of activities available.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Key positives were the friendly, sociable vibe, the staff, and location. The staff were great - very helpful in attending to the queries/needs of the lodgers and dispensing with insightful and personalized advice and tips on getting around Naples. Location wise it is walking distance from a metro station and from a number of major tourist sites.

The way the hostel is sprawled across several floors in an apartment block may be a slightly unorthodox configuration but that didn't deter from a generally pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo