“surprise behind the door”
Review of Hotel Correra 241

Hotel Correra 241
Ranked #11 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Nice place, good location, colorful and noisless room with free wifi, friendly and young staff. Just three o four hight steps, hard to do with laggage.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have to admit that traveling alone to Naples, I was a bit nervous: Everyone had warned me that the city could be a bit unforgiving to tourists. Walking the streets to the hotel I initially was scared they had all been right, but as soon as I got to the Hotel Correra 241 I was put at total ease.

The multilingual staff was so friendly, helpful and accommodating, and without them I'm not sure I would have been able to navigate the city by myself! The room was simple and elegant while being totally unfussy, and I felt completely safe and comfortable during my stay.

The hotel is conveniently located near the shopping areas of Via Toledo, Piazza Dante, the music conservatory, Via del Tribunali, the Spanish Quarter, and the waterfront, and I was able to find interesting things to see, do, and eat within a 25–30 minute walk in any direction.

Naples has quite a reputation for being intimidating, but thanks in part to my experience at the Hotel Correra 241, I managed to really fall in love with the place.

NB: Breakfast is not a big deal anywhere in Italy, and many restaurants don't offer any complimentary food in the morning. This hotel has a small spread of pastries, yogurt, coffee, and juice at no cost, and is very nearby several good-quality cafes that have espresso and brioche for a bite on the run.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The Hotel has a very good location, everything is relatively close to walk with shopping, restaurants and sights near.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. Good breakfast included cakes, breads, fruit...
The hotel is clean, the beds and linen are great and the rooms are spacious, bright and fresh! Even though in downtown couldn't hear any noise from outside.
The best location ever, I would come back for sure!!

MC

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2012

When I first saw the street in front of this hotel it didn't look like the kind of place I would normally stay. Well, what a surprise . The hotel is bright and cheerful and wonderfully accommodating. Come to think of it that also describes Gisella who runs the place!
This is a person who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Yes it is she that efficiently keeps the place humming, but that doesn't begin to describe the effort she puts forth to help guests who do not speak Italian survive in Naples. She is the translator, the restaurant consultant, and the travel advisor.
Two weeks after we moved out she was still working to untangle a mess involving the customs and the Italian post office so that I could get some important medications sent from America. She succeeded and had them forwarded to me. I will never forget her or the Hotel Correra 24. John Campbell

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The hotel is quite quirky modern, but is not in a great part of town. It's close to the museum and the funicular/ Metro system. Breakfast has to be one of the worst I've ever had, with very little choice and poor quality, best skipped if you have the option. It makes the best of a poor location, but can feel a little bit like a remand centre style by IKEA. The staff however were very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed one night before heading back for an early flight at 5am. The hotel is off a main road so easy access to the metro and all the major sites which was great. The staff were really helpful, ordered us airport transfers at a cheaper rate than normal taxis. Our room was at the back room111 which comes with its own terrace and lovely spacious room, furniture is funky and quirky and really bright so not a dingy room at all. Clean and functional got a good nights sleep and couldnt hear the traffic even though it was a saturday night. Has a terrace for sitting out on which looked good. Lots of local ammenities close by so perfect location , took us 10 minutes to get to the airport at 5am so very handy. A gem of a hotel given that Naples is a pretty run down place

Room Tip: Room 111 was at the back so couldnt hear any traffic. Has a terrace which might be nice to get some...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2011

For the money, we could not complain about this hotel- well located, clean, large rooms, etc.

My only complaint was the service- if you're lucky enough to get Giselle, all is good. If however you get another person at the front desk, you're on your own. We were there the day of a transit strike and nobody could give us any information about it. We asked about good tours to take and they sent us to Piazza Gesu. We asked about nightlife and they sent us to Piazza Gesu... We went to Piazza Gesu several times and never saw a bar, trendy restaurant, etc. We later learned from locals that the nightlife is closer to the port.

Overall, can't complain... but IF I ever visited Naples again, I'd probably try a different hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family