Hotel Correra 241
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
1,088 results
All reviewspiazza danteside streetpastriesarchaeological museummetro stationvia toledorooms are bighotel is locatedmodern designhamhigh ceilingscab driverfelt safepleasant stayhistorical centerdouble bedspacious room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My wife and I stayed in Naples for 13 nights at the Hotel Correra 241 from 26 Sep 09 to 09 Oct 09. Our room was exceptionally large with a kingsize bed and a private bathroom, shower, etc. We looked forward to our delicious continental breakfast each morning that was included at no additional cost.

We received courteous treatment from all of the staff at the hotel, and in particular from the hotel director, Gisella!

This hotel is located right in the heart of a Naples 'neighborhood', so If you want to experience day- to-day life in Naples, then this is the place to stay. And after you leave, you may feel as we did, that of something very different than is usually encountered by a tourist.

We hope to visit Naples again and we will look forward to another stay at the Hotel Correra 241!

Art & Paula Pisani
New Hampshire, USA

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank artpi
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Overall this is a good hotel located very near the historical centre, so good for restaurants and attractions. The room was spacious and spotless with the bathroom located upstairs but within the room. The reception area has internet access and a great outdoors sitting area. The staff were very helpful too. The only drawbacks are that rooms facing the road suffer a lot of noise most nights- including into the eraly hours (so bring ear plugs) and the breakfast is very basic. The main station for trains to Pompeii, Herculaneum and Sorrento is a good half hour walk if not not taking the underground.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brenhell
Reviewed 1 February 2010

We chose Correra 241 for the price and the location. It is just a couple blocks from the Archeological Museum, and a few blocks away from the nearest metro station. During our stay, we were the only guests in this small hotel. The rooms were clean and I really liked the modern art. Breakfast was decent, nothing special. The beds were quite uncomfortable and the staff was not very friendly, but I suppose that's what you get for 65 Euro a night! The neighborhood didn't seem that nice at first, but then we realized that all of Naples looks dirty and crowded, so don't get your hopes up for Naples being a beautiful Italian city (because its not..) but we felt safe at our hotel and around the neighborhood. I would still recommend this hotel, because it was a good price, clean, and good location.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2009

Stayed here in Oct for 1 night, despite a booking hitch which left us relocated to another hotel on the 1st night we enjoyed our stay here.

Were due to stay at the Hotel Bellini and booked well in advance but were called by them 2 days prior to departure to state that half the rooms were out of action due to a burst pipe and despite having some rooms and mine being booked three months in advance my rooms where cancelled, so I was not happy with the Hotel Bellini at all.

I then Booked the Correra 241 and 24 hours before leaving was told by them that my room would not be available on the first night due to other guests extending their stay, then my mother in law got sick and had to pull out of the trip so this trip was a bit jinxed really. The reallocated us to their sister hotel which was the Rex down by the seafront and to be fair what I first thought an inconvience was actually quite nice as we got to stay in two different areas which added to the variety of the trip.

Let me start by saying that if you have read other reviews then Naples is not to everyone's taste. It has its share of problems and as many compare it to Rome and Florence where people hit Naples on an Italy tour its an eye opener. On the flip side once you get over the litter, traffic and graffiti it has a lot to offer and is a great base to see Pompeii and Vesuvius.

We spent our first day walking around and exploring the city and found the location here was very good, right opposite Piazza Dante and about 200 yards to the Archaeology museum. Also walking distance to Duomo, Piazza Bellini and Via Dei Tribunali where you can see the Caravaggio painting the 7 acts of mercy along with many other small churches and great restaurants including the famous Sorbillios which we ate in and was very nice and reasonably priced. A right turn out of the road will also take you to down Via Toledo with many shops and all the way ( 20 minutes walk ) to the Bay where you can catch a ferry to Sorrento or Capri and see many other sights.

We also did a day trip to Pompeii and Vesuvius with Viatours which was a great day, the guide was very passionate about the history and made the ruins come alive, well worth looking into an organised tour although you could do yourself a lot cheaper i'm sure
(and usually I do sort my own excursions) the tour was worth the money. Ate in a restaurant called Bellini's in Piazza Bellini also and was not impressed, most miserable tourist trap with moody staff and the food wasn't great but as Naples is the home of pizza there are many great Pizza restaurants to choose from so check out the restaurant reviews section.

Drinking out is also pricey in Naples but this hotel had a court yard and some shops just outside the hotel which sold beers for 1 Euro so we headed back early via the shops and had cheap beers on the patio.

All in all I would say that Naples is definitely worth seeing and to ignore a lot of what other people may say ( they should have done their research is all I can say ). We did then move on to Sorrento which by comparison is clean and Beautiful but I found Naples Dirty, smelly, somewhat Dangerous ( traffic ) I also found it strangely charming, exiting, interesting and would go back.

In summary The Hotel Correra 241 was a great location, staff where great, room nice spacious and clean and if I return I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spicyhippo
Reviewed 18 December 2009

We had booked and paid for 3 nights and only stayed one night because we had no choice - then we left for Sorrento.

The Hotel is down a dirty alley which is used as a "rat run" by the scooter fanatics of Naples. The Hotel appeared quite clean and bright and the rooms were enormous. That is where the good things ended. The first bad point is the location. Why anyone would stay here is beyond me. I have never seen anywhere as filthy or crowded as Naples and the whole time I was there I wanted to get out. I did not feel safe at all. After Rome it was a huge let down.

The location of the hotel - it is difficult to get to from the main train station and you would think you were walking through a ghetto to get to it. Advertised in the Centro Storico area - well across the main road and a few street away! Not near at all in my opinion.

The shower was broken and there was no shower curtain and the noise from the outside was awful. finally got to sleep at 2.00am.

The decor is not "arty" as described it is a basic colour palette but all in one room - green, blue and red are not a good mixture. It may suit students on a backpacking tour but not for the more sophisticated traveller!

I woudl recommend you do not go to this hotel but even more so, would recommend you stay away from Naples. If you want to see Pompeii go to Sorrento. It is a beautiful seaside resort with clean streets, lovely hotels and pompeii is easy to get to from there - as is the rest of the Amalfi coast!

the staff seemed polite enough though and there was internet - only one machine in reception but at least it was there and we were able to book out hotel in sorrento before leaving.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple