“Good airport choice and nice hotel”
Review of UNA Hotel Napoli

UNA Hotel Napoli
Ranked #22 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 17 December 2009

I stayed here for one night and chose the Una Hotel as it is only ten minutes by taxi from the airport - the hotels nearer the airport are a bit naff. Piazza Garibaldi can be a little intimidating - I am sure someone tried to sell me the mobile phone I lost last time I was in town! In fact much of Naples is a bit grim and full of rubbish on the streets. There are nicer parts particularly near Palazzo Reale and this time the city was more appealing as it was thronged with happy families Christmas shopping.

In the main, I liked the hotel. We had a drink and ate in the rooftop bar, which was all good. There is a terrace where you can sit and look over the town. The staff were helpful with suggestions for a walk and shopping tips. The room was disappointing - nicely decorated but small with only one towel between two and the toilet had not been cleaned properly.

A good experience in general, though.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Spineynorman
There are newer reviews for UNA Hotel Napoli

Reviewed 18 November 2009

This a very modern hotel with sparkling clean rooms. The location is right in Piazza Garibaldi, which makes it very convenient to all the transportation. The rooftop restaurant serves a very filling breakfast which was included in the roomrate. The staff was very helpful. We would return here again if in Napoli!

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Amid the chaos that is Naples, Hotel Una was an elegant and comfortable retreat. From the balcony you could feel and hear the noisy rhythm of the city but once the balcony was closed, there was scarcely a sound. Incredible soundproofing! The location for our purposes was central with the train station, tram station and port nearby. The Vesuvius was always in sight. The staff could not be friendlier and more accommodating and the valet parking was extremely useful in a city as wild at times as Naples.The morning breakfast was also excellent.

There was some construction due to renovations to the lobby which, however, did not affect the rooms at all.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I just wanted to inform other TA members of our difficulty in trying to cancel our reservation at this hotel. A few weeks before leaving for Italy we realized that we would rather not stay over in Naples, instead doing a day trip to Pompeii before moving on to Florence. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone over multiple occasions with Expedia trying to cancel our reservation. I was told different things each time, such as the manager isn't in, our computer is down, etc.....

When in Italy I showed up at the front desk of the Hotel 48 hours in advance of our check in date and was told that there was nothing that they could do, my reservation could not be cancelled, even though the reservation stated rooms must be cancelled 24 hours in advance. We are currently disputing the charge with Discover, and we will see how it goes.

I just want to let other members know to make sure that you are absolutely positive that you want to stay here before you book.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank matwags
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights and were impressed by the hotel. The hotel has excellent service and very helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was really comfortable and had a superb view of Vesuvius. The area is quite loud and quite edgy. but we did not feel threatened. Naples is an exhilarating city, chaotic but there is beauty. I recommend a visit, if you like seeing something quite different, from the bland everyday city.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank cervelo_rs
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We stayed here one night on the way to Ravello. We arrived without reservations and felt fortunate to get a very nice room. (They were busy). The rooms were very clean and comfortable with a great view to the busy square and street below. The windows and shutters shut out the noise from the traffic. The bathroom amenities were wonderful and the bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels. The dinner on the rooftop terrace was one of the best meals we had in Italy. The buffett breakfast was very good. Internet is available in the lobby with a cost. The staff was very friendly at the front desk, as well as the restaurant. We had a cab called for us to go to the port ( 10 euros) to meet our friends coming in on a ferry. They had arranged for a driver from Ravello Taxi to pick us up at the port for the one hour drive to Ravello. Our experience at the UNA was positive in all ways!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RLgirl
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I say this because I was travelling for 2 weeks through Italy and I ended up leaving some very valuable items in my room. In the airport in Cincinnatti, I realized this, called the hotel, spoke to 2 different people and they actually had and kept my items safe.
UNBELIEVABLE. This just shows that the maid and the front desk teams are hontest and fair people.

I enjoyed the rooms and the bar and the experience, but this incident made the hotel really stand out.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends