“Great for a one night stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Joyfull

Hotel Joyfull
Ranked #74 of 190 Hotels in Naples
Solihull, Birmingham.
“Great for a one night stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Myself and my partner stopped here for one night as our flight did not land until 11pm at night and it was too late for us to travel to Sorrento where we were staying for the week. We chose this hotel as it was about 5 mins in a taxi from the airport so was easy for us to get back to the next morning to catch the bus to Sorrento (I can provide further details if you are planning to do the same). It was an average hotel and did the job for one night, the rooms were clean and had air con, continental breakfast was ok in the morning but personally I would not stay here for a week if I was visiting the Naples area. The area the hotel is in was not nice, I would suggest to stay nearer the city centre.

Please be aware the taxi drivers try and rip you off on price from the airport, make sure you agree a price before you get in the taxi... we were advised to agree on 16euro, don't pay more than 20euro as it is not that far away. The hotel provided us with a taxi service back to the airport the next morning which cost us 18euro.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hanski_01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I've just stayed in this hotel and it has a very good quality-price ratio.
It's clean, cheap and really quite.
The only black mark. It's far from the centre.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
NA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is a modern new hotel in a suburb in Naples, Poggioreale. I would like to advise people who aren't used to cities like Naples, first do some research and decide if Naples IS a destination for you. Naples is run down almost everywhere and quite hot and chaotic. Some people don't do well in that environment, but for those who do.. remember, run down doesn't necessarily mean dangerous, it could mean poor but friendly, as this area. The hotel IS located say a 8 Euro cab ride from the center of Naples. People from Naples are very friendly, and I am talking about the locals, among the most knowledgeable about their city and the most helpful and hospitable and tolerant people in Italy. So don't be afraid to ask for help. They will genuinely help you.

About the hotel:
The maid service was amazing. All the maids and the head maid took very good care of us. Supplies were refilled daily, everything in the room was clean and organized, they even gave us some extra towels, since we had 2 babies. The room was spacious and they gave us some cribs. The air conditioning worked very well and there was plenty of hot water. I was happy with this hotel and if the price is right again, I would stay there again. The rooms were modern and very clean.

I didn't see a pool, for those who care for that, just wanted to mention it.

The breakfast was very bad. The coffee was from a machine, but they told me I can get one at the bar. They said most people who came from abroad didn't like the real strong coffee made at the bar and instead put water to dilute it. With this, they got the machine. They are very conscious about waste and recycling, despite the area and what you see outside, they are trying to make an effort. However, the breakfast croissants need to be improved, they taste spongy, and artificial. Naples boasts about great coffee and croissants, I wouldn't expect eggs in this area but the breakfast served was a bad example of the city's best food! Another point that seems to bother a lot of people is the location. I had no issue with it but it is run down. However, if you come to Naples and expect to see polished streets with new buildings, you're just dreaming! Do some research beforehand and really decide if Naples is for you or not. The area may be run down, but it is not dangerous. We took public transport and went under those bridges with graffiti after midnight with 2 babies. I am a tall, pale female with light hair, no one bothers you. They need your business and they treat you well as compared to other cities where they see you as a target for the short term instead. Piazza Garibaldi in the center of Naples can be dangerous due to the immigrants that fled in there just to do bad business, but this area just is poor. If you decide to stay here, and use public transport, you can take the bus 191 at the corner, it's an orange bus and it will bring you to Naples directly, (Piazza Garibaldi). It runs late but the schedule is unstable. It's faster than the tram or metro itself. For the metro and tram, you need to go under the bridge to the other side. Both trams #1 and 2 go there to Piazza Garibaldi and all the way to to docks. There is also another bus, maybe 170 from this same place that goes. I have tried the 191 and waited 1 hour for it and it was the fastest from Garibaldi. I have tried the metro and it's fast, but the last one from Garibaldi is at 8:20 pm. You also have to walk under that bridge that I see some being hesitant to do but I wouldn't worry even after dark. There is no cab/taxi from here to the hotel though. You can also take a cab from the city center to the hotel, don't pay more than 10 Euros though. Try to get a ticket UnicoNapoli sold at the subway to take all modes of transport. It even covers your route to the Amalfi coast and Salerno.

I

Room Tip: Any room here is quite good, comfortable, modern and clean.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelNut71
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

The hotel is set in quite a deprived neighbourhood of Naples. However the hotel.itself is lovely. The man on reception ordered us Pizza when we turned up late and hungry. The beds were comfy, the showers powerful and the air conditioning good but a little bit noisy.

Overall a very nice hotel, it's a short walk from the circumvesuviana stop but make sure you know the way especially if you're arriving at night.

There's a little supermarket nearby but not much else.

• Stayed August 2011
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

As we had not expected anything outstanding from Naples anyway, on our way back from Cilento coast we needed a hotel to stay in Naples just for one night before departure from Italy. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the personnel was very polite. The surroundings were pretty much like the rest of Naples, so we overlooked that. The receptionist readily called us a taxi to visit a new shopping mall (Auchan), where we bought few things at a very good price. Overall experience with the hotel is good.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Erdni
Runcorn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

Driving towards the hotel we wondered what the hell we had booked. The area is very run down and extremely dirty. However once inside the hotel all was good. When I opened the bedroom door I was quite surprised at how clean the room was. Spacious enough for 2 people to share. Good size shower and bathroom.

Although we weren't there to watch TV, there was no english speaking TV channels. Just Italian.

The staff could not have been more helpful. It seems that they all get stuck in to do lots of different roles. The gentleman who checked us into the hotel also waited on us in the hotel restaurant. (which had a very basic menu) and the cleaner served us morning coffee.

The Circumvesuviana Metro (Stazzinoe Poggio Reale) station is a 5 minute walk through rubbish laden streets, where you can catch a train to Piazza Garibaldi that has trains to Pompei and Rome.

All in all a very nice hotel, just in the wrong location therefore I cannot recommend it. If I ventured to Naples again, I would find a hotel nearer the centre/harbour area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank funkygibbon32
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

I read some of the reviews before departure and was pleasantly surprised at what I found. Napoli is a run down city and is no different from any other major city. Yes I’m sure the opportunists would take advantage of you given the chance. We were ripped off by a taxi driver on the first day and in hindsight should have taken the Alibus to Piazza Garibaldi where the metro runs a regular service to Poggioreale. If you’re looking for nights out drinking and coming home late then you will be disappointed and this hotel is probably not for you. If however you are looking to explore Naples, Pompei or Sorrento then this hotel is ideal as the quality of the hotel is outstanding and the metro is a 5 minute walk away. The breakfast is continental so don’t expect a full English and the staff are polite and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple