“Nice Hotel.”

Hotel Piazza Bellini
Ranked #2 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I was at this hotel for one night with a friend. Great location in the heart of Napoli. Piaza Bellini in front of the hotel has many cafes. The room is clean and comrfortable, spacious, free fast internet. I only could reach my room (105) by stairs. The staff was very helpful with directions and sightseeing suggestions. The breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: Don't get room 105 unless you want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,171)

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Pretty good location, just 10 minutes form metro station. Very clean. However I was surprised with surly staff – it was not rude but I would say rather severe with guests. Maybe tired after holiday season. I stayed here for 4 nights and lucky me – while having the last breakfast the mirror felt down in the room. It was cleaned immediately – but still be careful with decorations - they may fall down :).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank au_a22
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My friend and I wanted to stay in a hotel close to the archeological museum. The hotel is just down the street. It was very secure, clean and spacious. It is convenient to public transportation. There was a wall safe to store valuables. The breakfast was terrific. It was an outstanding value. It was unique, not a cookie cutter chain hotel. We had a balcony. We bought roasted chicken and potatoes from a take-out place down the street and brought it back to our room. It was convenient to have a table and chairs suitable for eating.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth B
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My husband and I stated at Hotel Piazza Bellini for only one night - Naples was just a short stop between the Amalfi Coast and Rome. Honestly, we did not expect much. I had never heard glowing reviews of Naples. Rather I was expecting a dingy stay and much time spent clutching my purse.

It was the complete opposite. We felt so safe here. It was so comfortable. The inside is designed quite nicely. It is artistic and modern. The entrance is like this hidden beautiful alcove. Our room itself was delightful. The bed was absurdly comfortable and the bathroom was the most modern of all the hotels we stayed at.

We were only our honeymoon and the front desk upgraded us to a room with a beautiful big balcony. The front desk provided us with tons of great recommendations for pizza. We loved our room and the hotel so much that we just picked up a pizza to go, bought some wine, and enjoyed the evening on our balcony.

If I am ever back in Naples I would only consider staying one place: Piazza Bellini!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amy1A1
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We had no idea what we were getting into when we booked this hotel. So imagine our surprise when it turned out to be the best hotel we stayed in during our two weeks in Italy.

What this hotel understands so well is that a little attention to design and details goes a long way. The light wood floors, the fun artwork on the walls, the simple, clean design elements in the rooms: it all added up to a wonderful experience that we can't recommend enough.

The pros: the design is simple yet completely fun; the rooms are decently sized; the beds were comfortable; the bathroom was bigger than we expected (with a good sized shower); the lobby was comfortable and had free wifi; the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was plentiful and pretty tasty.

The cons: it was a little hard to find from the train station, but have patience. That's it.

One of the best surprises for us was that the hotel is located on a very alive street that fills with young people at night. It's also a few doors down from a gay meeting spot where we met some locals who helped us navigate the city. Some people may find all this too noisy at night, but for us, meeting up with young people and gay people was exactly what we wanted.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Good location in the hustle and bustle but set back and quiet.

Comfy rooms and good breakfast

Staff very happy to help

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Echoing what others have said I can only agree that this was a calm, clean, attractive and good-value-for money place in a chaotic city (even the taxi drivers seem to struggle with the traffic).

Naples is clearly a working city rather than a tourist attraction (unlike places such as Florence and Piza) - few people spoke any English and there aren't many good restaurants with outside tables in the old part of the city. Nevertheless we found O' Munaciello in Piazza del Gesu Nuovo good (with both inside and outside tables) and, for pizza, Sorbillo at Via dei Tribunali 32 (note there are 2 Sorbillos - this is the first one you reach when going from the hotel, the other is a few doors further down the road - that's also OK but not quite as good) (there are no outside tables here).

We had been prepared for the city to be full of rubbish but it wasn't quite as bad as we feared - the roads are so narrow only small dustcarts can get into them and the 2 operators appear to have to collect business as well as domestic rubbish so are fighting a loosing battle. I suspect it might get smelly and fly ridden in high summer but in late October it was OK.

On no occasion did we feel unsafe or threatened but maybe it would have been different for a woman alone (and we did avoid the known "trouble spots" off Via Toledo, around the main station and in Villa Communale at night).

Would I go back to Naples? Not unless I have too, but only because I saw and did what I wanted to this time round! but if I do I WILL stay at this hotel again and recommend this hotel to anyone needing or wanting to visit Naples.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for - the more you pay the better the room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple