We’ve just returned from another Amalfi Coast holiday and stayed in Art Resort Hotel Galleria Umberto for 4 nights before the long flight back to Australia. Again, we were very impressed, and will stay here next time, too.
The reasons are simple. The location is fantastic, the hotel has all the facilities one could reasonably expect, the staff are very helpful and a pleasure to deal with and the room cost is terrific value for what you get. Decision made!
I’ve re-read my October 2011 comments and they were equally as true on our April 2012 trip. Two things that I could have added were:
1. Galleria Umberto itself (in which the hotel is located, on the 4th floor) is magnificent (like the galleria in Milano) and is a tourist attraction in itself. A glorious Italian public shopping gallery, with 4 glass vaulted wings and a huge dome in the middle, all of which leaves you full of awe and respect every time you see it. You come home to this each night and that is a treat in itself;
2. Speaking of treats, Sfogliatella Mary is on the ground floor in the galleria, right near the exit to Via Toledo (via Roma). It’s reputation is rightly famous. We’d heard about it but it was only after tasting some that we realised what a gem was near our hotel. Wicked little treats - the “crema” at Euro 0.6 was exquisite :-) - just downstairs!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Art Resort Galleria Umberto is a small jewel settled in a historical monument in the very Heart of Naples. A luxury 4 stars rated recently opened hotel in renowned Galleria Umberto I, nearby Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, San Carlo theatre and Maschio Angioino, priceless places to visit for tourists coming from all over the world.Conceived and furnished in a XIXth century Patrician house style, Art Resort is a rarity to be unveiled, in a typical Baroque style ambience. L'Art Resort Galleria Umberto e un piccolo gioiello incastonato all'interno di un monumento storico nel cuore di Napoli. Un lussuoso hotel 4 stelle aperto di recente nella celebre Galleria Umberto I proprio accanto a piazza Del Plebiscito, al Palazzo Reale, al Teatro San Carlo e al Maschio Angioino, mete imprescindibili per i turisti di tutto il mondo.Concepito e arredato nello stile di una casa patrizia di meta Ottocento, l'Art Resort e insieme una rarita tutta da scoprire e un tipico ambiente barocco napoletano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HostelWorld, Splitty, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Art Resort Galleria Umberto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Hotel Galleria Umberto
- Art Hotel Naples