All reviews metro station cakes yogurt the hotel staff stayed one night excellent location old building visiting naples floor napoli city castel port pompeii
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night at this property. Tucked away on the 5th floor of an old building we were pleasantly surprised at the spacious and modern rooms. No complaints at all. The dining area is not large but well set up for breakfast before hitting the city. We soon found out how amazing the location is. Next to a major shopping area but more importantly next to the metro as well as the funicular which took us all the way into the central area. Believe me you will be grateful for rhe funicular as the hotel is on top of a hill and we used it extensively. The service was good and the price reasonable for what we got. Great little hotel. Would certainly recommend. I would have given it an extra half star if it was possible.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

''+''
hotel occupies 2 last floors of the building with apartments. so it's very clean and safe inside the hallway.
3 funicular stations near
metro station 2 minutes away from the hotel
quite and clean district
castel sant'elmo near
friendly and helpful staff
fresh and clean towels and bed sheets
''-''
no wifi in the room during all our stay (at least 5 days)
no cheese, ham and eggs for breakfast; just yogurt, cereals, jams, cakes, croissants, tea, coffee, milk.

more about location: going up and down to the port on foot maybe really tiresome because the district is up on the hill better use funicular or metro

Room tip: press the buttons of the entry phone really hard. ask for the room with seaview
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Its been awhile visiting Napoli , where I was born. My Mom and I stayed at Cimarosa in 2009, The name was Pensione Margharita before it was changed. In 2009 it was Cimarosa and they were doing renovations. We called them directly from the states and they just had redone a couple of rooms and since my Mom had stayed when it was called Margarita, they said we could stay there and welcomed us. So the Hotel was not completed renovated . We just loved it, had the Café Bar near, the American Market, Pizza ristorante and a bank all in walking distance. My Mother is from Vomero and I was also born there, but came to America as a baby. So its the best city living and the shopping on Via Scarlati is amazing , all the restaurants close by and the Funiculare and Metro. I will stay here again. Its the essence of Napoli, the concierge, so polite and hospitable. I can't say enough about it. Ciao Cimarosa, I will be back.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is up on the vomero away from the hustle and bustle of downtown naples. It is in close proximity to the funicular which for 1.2 euros can take you downtown. A taxi from the main station or port will cost around 20 euros. There is everything on the vomero including great restaurants and shopping. The hotel is at a piazza on the fifth floor with an elevator. The rooms are very modern and the one we had also had a balcony. The doors are double glazed so no street noise was heard. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was in the continental style and was ample. This is the second time we have stayed here and we will certainly come back again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017

This hotel will enrich your stay in Napoli. It offers a great location, the staff from Massimo to Antonio provide the highest levels of customer service, the room we stayed in was fantastic value and I can not recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room tip: Book early as the hotel is in demand
Date of stay: May 2017