“Thumbs Up from 2 Professional Guides from Tuscany”

B&B Casa Mira Napoli
Ranked #52 of 710 Naples B&B and Inns
Florence, Italy
“Thumbs Up from 2 Professional Guides from Tuscany”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband spent 3 nights in Casa Mira and we can't say enough good things about it. Signora Gina and her family run this charming B&B near the sea and offer wonderful customer service and hospitality. We stayed in the Green Room and found it to be very clean, comfortable and quiet. We even had a nice view of the sea and Vesuvius from our window! I would highly recommend this place not only because it's a great B&B, but the location is very convenient and near the Metro. There is a lot to see, do and EAT.

We thank you all so much for making our stay in Bella Napoli so enjoyable!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed at Casa Mira Napoli for 5 days. A very nice and cosy B&B, we felt immediately at home. The decoration of the room was warm with a personal touch. We also had a terrace with view on the city of Napoli.

The location of the B&B is at walking distance from the sea with an amazing view at the Vesuvius volcano! A charming and romantic place to explore.

A big thank you for your hospitality!
Kelly and Reginaldo

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fadinha_83
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 28 May 2011

As soon as you enter The Bed & Breakfast Casa Mira Napoli, you get to feel the vibe of the place. The floor is made of beautiful colored tiles, the walls are decorated in paintings and gives the feeling a very homey-cosy atmosphere. I personally am an admirer of paintings that depict Afro-Brazilian culture and here I find myself in a place that has quite a few.

I got to stay in 2 different rooms, at first in the blue room, very comfortable and has a beautiful terrace through which you get to see Naples, its building, its beautiful nature and also get to lay back in the sun and enjoy the moment. I later stayed in the Green room; even though without a terrace, it has a nice window view on the sea. For those of you who enjoy looking at the sea during the day or even at night the room is definitely recommended.

The atmosphere is so homey that whenever you wake up, the coffee pot is already prepared and ready for you to heat and the breakfast is on the table awaiting for you. The personel make sure that there is nothing missing and regularly check on the fridge and on the guests.

I recommend for all of you who are looking for a place like home to go to stay in the Bed & Breakfast Casa Mira Napoli whenever you are in Naples.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nassib E
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 25 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at Casa Miranapoli for a couple of days on our way to Capri and everything was great, Gina and Alessandra are the best, is their attentiveness and warmth that really sets this place apart from the rest. The room was very clean and nicely decorated, the private bathroom was definitely a plus and the bed was very confortable. The view from the terrace is unbelievable and the breakfast alone is worth the stay. It was the perfect place to rest from a long trip, we wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alfredkrog
dc
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I had to go to Naples to take care of some Visa business at the US Consulate and selected Casa Mira Napoli as my home base based on the TripAdvisor reviews. Here is my review along with some notes about Visa appointments for those who are in the same boat I was:

Hotel Review
This B&B consists of a common room with doors that lead off to each of the rooms, named by color. We stayed in the blue, green, and red rooms. Blue room is big with a small terrace that is shared with the yellow room. Separated by some plants. The room is big and has a nice bathroom. The terrace is pretty tight and we did not really use it. The red room is really small but still pretty nice. There is a small window that looks into an inner area. Not much to see but at least fresh air. It has a private bathroom and is good for a single person on a budget. It can also be closed off with the green room to make a private 2 bedroom apartment. The green room has a nice view of the water. I really liked this room and enjoyed the view but it is a bit smaller than the blue room and the shower head was broken on my stay. I also looked in on the yellow room which has a smaller bed but a bigger terrace. All of the rooms are well furnished and designed and super comfortable.

The food selection is great. They have a well stocked cabinet with a fridge filled with snacks. There are pastries, cured meat, cheese, yogurt, coffee, tea, chocolate milk, water, chocolates, etc... Lots of snacks which was really nice to have when you needed a quick bite.

We had to get up early so only got the croissants one morning. They were ok but nothing too great. When you book the room, you will deal with Gina but her daughter is the one you see when you get there. She lives in an apartment across the hall. Gina's son Gabrielle picked us up from the airport and was super friendly and helpful and gave us lots of great advice about the city.

I loved the location. For me, it was perfect for exploring the city and super convenient for the consulate. We spent one day heading into Posilippo by foot which is easily the most beautiful and trafficked area of Naples.

My only complaints about the B&B would be that the common area is right outside all of the doors so you hear everything out there. Not great if you want privacy or if people wake up for an early breakfast. Also, Gina is pretty hardcore about the 11am checkout but did let us store bags at her daughters house. We flew out at night and it would have been nice to still have some access to at least a decent bathroom.

The best part of the B&B, besides the great food and free wi-fi, is the fact that Gina and her team have dealt with many people coming to the Consulate and know a lot about how the process works and are super helpful in making sure things go smooth. They drove us to the medical appointment in Varelli. Also, another guest was in the same situation as us so we were able to take care of everything together and share the experience. This was the main reason I chose Casa Mira to make sure I was in good hands for dealing with the Visa business and it really delivered.

VISA ADVICE!!!
As for the Visa, everything worked out. Day 1 you go to Varelli for the medical. We got there at 8. They take blood and then you get an x ray and then there is an interview. We were done by 11 and they told us to come back at 12 to pick up the documents. The problem is Varelli sucks and there is nothing to see or do there. When we came back, the printer was broken and we wound up getting our documents at 1:45. My guess is that it is pretty standard to get out around this time. I had my iphone and just watched movies the whole time so it passed quickly. Bring cash to pay. I did not see anyone have any issues with the medical. We had worried about vaccinations but in the end, they said my mother in law only needed tetinus. Maybe try to call before you go and try to find out what is needed so you do not over prepare.

They told us we needed to go right to the consulate after which we did. We all mad rushed by taxi over there. This was to take fingerprints and get your photos so they can run them through the system to make sure there are no issues. Nobody takes the medical forms. Varelli contacts the consulate if there are issues. Make sure your photos are the right size. There is a place to take them right down the street.

Day 2, we woke up early to be first in line at the consulate. This was a great idea because we were the first processed and first to finish. The consulate staff is first rate and really friendly. Make sure you have your documents in order. Original copies and make sure you have copies of passports for anyone involved with your application. Our stuff was fine but I did see others who had issues. One lady needed an original copy of her diploma and another couple needed a copy of a passport. I think you might be able to send your documents in advance so they can review them. It would suck to get there and find out you needed 1 thing that you dont have. We emailed beforehand with a lady named Cristina and she was the one at the window that we dealt with.

Alli in all, they were super nice. A lot better than US mainland immigration employees. The interview was through a window and really quick. They asked why she wanted to come to US, she said some oath or something and it was done. They asked her to go to a Mailbox Etc. down the street at 5 to pick up the Visa. Not sure why Mailbox Etc. You have to pay a meaningless fee when you pick up the visa so bring some cash. It was only like 6 euro. I stayed for 3 days but I think you only need 2 unless you dont have a document and need to go back the next day. A funny thing is that you go through all of this with the same people and by the end everyone knows each other and is friends. A group of people all trying to get to the USA. Good luck with your adventure!

Oh, also make sure to try the fried pizza at Regina Margherita over near the castle on the water. That was my spot.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poppadella
casamiranapoli, Proprietario at B&B Casa Mira Napoli, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear guest
I Thank for the beautiful review .
I'm Gina , Alessandra's mom.
When you where in our b&b , I was in holiday , out of Naples, so we did not meet at all. I usually
stay every afternoon in b&b checking if everything is ok and meeting guest
I'm sorry for your problem with shower , but I think we did not see it soon.
We always repair something broken , as soon as possible , when we notice it.
Also I'm sorry for your problem with bathroom when you took your luggage , but
we have a bathroom in the other part of the house that you could use if you had ask ( sorry for my bad english ) I think you did not ask us to use it.
We sometimes forget to ask if the guest need bathroom.
I'm happy that you have marked this problem so we can to place more attention.
For the common area , .....at moment this is the b&b, in future I think I'll change something about that.... Also I'll make an hole on the ceiling for light and air....But I do not know when
I hope your things for Consulate where ok and I hope also you will come in our b&b as guest
for appreciate our town
Best regards
Gina
Israel, Tel Aviv
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I was staying in b&b Casa Mira Napoli just one night, but I have a good feeling I get back there again. It seems that the b&b is managed with a lot of thought and love, by Gina and Alessandra. I really recommend the place for anyone who like to stay in family run b&b, rather than big hotels. The area itself is nice and close to the public gardens of Villa Comunale, the ' Riviera di Chiaia' and Mergellina Station.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank chazarnu
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Yes Best because we were treated at the best by Gina and Alessandra, with grace and warmth of an exceptional host. We were so glad that we chose such a wonderful place run by such a sincere and caring owners. They made us feel home right from the first moment.They were there if you need them but never disturb your privacy.
Independent entrance made us feel home. The room was very clean with nice bathroom and a fantastic view on the sea and Vesuvio. We had a TV in the room and access to our
e-mail by the computer in the hall. Good sleep with no street noise at all. The breakfast was rich and served on a nice big table shared by other clients. Alessandra suggested us some nice restaurants and pizzerias nearby and we really loved the food. We recommend this b&b to whoever wants a hotel service and homely warm place in Naples.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends