“clean and good area”

Ranked #65 of 641 Naples B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“clean and good area”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here for 3 days and were very happy with the clean bathrooms and bedroom and the "home away from home" feel to this B&B. We mentioned to the Signora that we wanted to take back some "real" Sorrento lemons and we found a large basket wrapped and ready to go on our last day!
the location is walking distance from the center and very close to a great seaside walk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I was in naples for almost a week because I had to go to the university. The placement is really good since is a quiet area, very close to the metro station. In 2 minutes walking distance there is the sea with very nice views (some rooms of the B&B have good views on the bay).
Really nice both Gina and her son, who helped her to prepare the breakfast. This one is amazing with everything you can imagine (she ask you the day before if you want something special from the bakery). You can prepare coffee or tea at any time during the day, so it is really like being home. The sleeping there is really comfortable: it was difficult for me to wake up in the morning... I'm looking forward to go again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I had reason to be in Naples again early in September, but this time for work - and I decided to stay again in Casa Mira Napoli where i had stayed previously for leisure. I am pleased to report it was ANOTHER wonderful experience! All the points I have made in my previous review still hold firmly true: The intimacy, comfort, cleanliness,help and kindness of Gina and Alessandra the proprietors, the fabulous brekfasts etc etc. (See my previous review)

What i found this time though, is that the geographical position of Casa Mira Napoli is also really useful. I had considered taking a b n b in the centre, because I had several meetings there, but to be honest, the daily strolls into and back from the Piazza Plebiscito was so invigorating and beautiful that I was so happy i had chosen to stay outside the hurly burly. Naples is a fantastic city for sure but noisy and bustling, so it is such a TREAT to stay by the sea and actually walk to work along the Bay of Naples...BLISSS!!

I also discovered there is a bus right outside the b n b that takes you into the heart of town (Just buy your ticket at any kiosk), and ofcourse a hop skip and jump away is the ferry to take you to Capri and Amalfi coast and around the corner is the Meregelina railway station from where you can go to Sorrento etc. (By the way, there is a Barclays Bank next to the station too-very useful as they dont take commission at the ATM!)

I would recommend this b n b every time -- I almost feel like a native now in Naples as it feel like your own appartment:) -- and by the way, i stopped at the grand Excelsior hotel on my way home one night, to try a local wine in the 'panoramic bar'. All i can report is the view from my terrace at Casa Mira was 10 times better and as for the price of a glass of wine in that hotel, compared to the prosecco, bread and cheese I bought in the supermarket next door to my 'appartment', well...a no brainer as the Americans say. Five star hotels are not worth it people, not in Europe!

I'm trying to think of negatives and drawbacks but I really cant! All i can say is if you dont stay at the Casa Mira Napoli, you will have missed one of the most precious and memorable experiences in the city. I am definately going back!

Stayed September 2011

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Lili37
casamiranapoli, Proprietario at B&B Casa Mira Napoli, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Dear Fatima
thank you for your review.
I and Alessandra are very happy to read that everything was ok and that met your wishes and expectations.
We together work everyday to give a high quality service and to make our guest's holidays wonderful.
I'm sorry you cannot come again in this year , but sure I'll wait for you next year
Best regards -
Gina
New York
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I had the pleasure, once again, of staying for several weeks at the delightful Bed and Breakfast, Casa Mira Napoli. The B&B is located in a characteristic zone of Naples (Mergellina) near the rail station, bus lines, metro and several taxi stands. Owned and operated by the Sgrosso family, it is one of the best hotels that I have ever patronized. It is well-appointed, clean, plenty of information for visitors and the family is always willing to lend a hand. The large drawing room provides plenty of choices, whether fresh fruit or snack,s coffee, tea, water, juice and milk. There is a kitchenette if you prefer to prepare your own meals. The internet connection is gratis (it is quite fast) and the book shelves are lined with information about Naples and the surrounding areas. Gina Sgrosso and her husband Antonio are simply two of the finest people that you will encounter and always willing to help patrons. I highly recommend this establishment and it is the finest in all of Naples.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TBDNewYork
Boston, MA
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed at Casa Mira Napoli while going to the US Consulate for a visa appointment, and it was very convenient, clean, and homey. It is around the corner from the US Consulate which made it easy for the early morning appointments, and the owner even helped arrange to take us to the medical visit the day before. The area surrounding the B&B is very nice compared to central Naples, and right on the water, perfect for someone interested in relaxing on the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My husband spent 3 nights in Casa Mira and we can't say enough good things about it. Signora Gina and her family run this charming B&B near the sea and offer wonderful customer service and hospitality. We stayed in the Green Room and found it to be very clean, comfortable and quiet. We even had a nice view of the sea and Vesuvius from our window! I would highly recommend this place not only because it's a great B&B, but the location is very convenient and near the Metro. There is a lot to see, do and EAT.

We thank you all so much for making our stay in Bella Napoli so enjoyable!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We stayed at Casa Mira Napoli for 5 days. A very nice and cosy B&B, we felt immediately at home. The decoration of the room was warm with a personal touch. We also had a terrace with view on the city of Napoli.

The location of the B&B is at walking distance from the sea with an amazing view at the Vesuvius volcano! A charming and romantic place to explore.

A big thank you for your hospitality!
Kelly and Reginaldo