“Basic B/B”
Review of Bellini 67 B&B

Bellini 67 B&B
Ranked #102 of 816 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed at this B/B for 2 nights. It is a private room and bath in a family flat. The room is clean and has very basic amenities, linens, towels and toilet paper. You need to bring everything else. The breakfast was coffee and pastry. There was little to no interaction or information from the host. We had 30 nights in B/B, this was our least favorite.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bellini67, Proprietario at Bellini 67 B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

As you rightly point out our home is indeed a B&B and I think most people would undestand this to mean a home that provides a room or rooms for the exclusive use of guests in a family environment.
Thank you for noting the room was clean, we pride ourselves on our standards of cleanliness.
As you mentioned our guests enjoy all the amenities suited to a B&B, in addition to this we are very happy to offer FREE internet WiFi and AirCo which - if my memory serves me - you enjoyed to the full. These are not standards in many B&B's at the reasonable price we charge.
We serve a continental breakfast at our guests that have always told us is satisfactory. With an option for items such us eggs, ham or cheese on request. In addition to coffee, tea, milk and pastry I'm failry sure other items such us bread, marmelade, butter, juice, fresh fruit and yogurt were on your breakfast table.
I'm deeply apologetic if you felt there was little interaction. We, as a family, are always around in the flat and are more than happy to give help and advise, BUT if guests choose to remain inside the rooms for prolonged periods then we totally respect their privacy.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We spent 3 days in Naples in September in this wonderful B & B. The room was great, very spacious with bathroom inside, very clean and tidy. It was very quiet and has a large balcony with beautiful views, making it very easy to ventilate.

We went from Madrid with a six-month baby and they behaved great with us. They put a nice cot for him and helped us with baby bottles and everything we need.

We get a great impression of the city in part by how well we were here, the owners kindness and how easy it is to know Naples from here, 10 minutes walk from everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I loved Naples and my experience was greatly helped by staying here. It is a very clean apartment that is centrally located in a nice neighbourhood close to the Metro and main archaeological museum. There are plenty of restaurants and shops located within walking distance and Carmine and his parents are very gracious and helpful hosts. The fresh fruit with breakfast is fantastic too. I will definitely stay here again, especially given the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed at this wonderful B&B for couple of days and highly recommend it.
Carmin was extremely nice and helpful and gave us plenty of tips about city and the sights around it. He was so kind to help us find a nice place to stay at around the Amalfy cost and his hospitality made our trip in Naples a magnificent experience!!! We also like to mention the delicious breakfast made by Carmin's mother that Bellini 67 serves (including pastry, jam, yogurt, homemade cake, orange juice, coffee...).
Bellini 67 highly recommended when you travel to Naples!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is an excellent B and B. It is spacious and clean and Carmine and his mother are very welcoming and helpful. Its location is superb, within sight of the archaeological museum and a stone's throw from the pulsating heart of Naples. Public transport is excellent - two metro lines and buses, funiculars up to the Vomero but anyway in Naples the best thing is to walk. Having spent a total of over 4 weeks in Naples between us over the years, we have never had any trouble. Go to Bellini 67 and see Naples for yourself.
John and Catherine

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The B&B is located just less than 100 steps away from the Dante train station. But then again, in Naples most of the attractions are covered by foot. The archaeological museum, the San Lorenzo Maggiore, the Castelnuvo, the royal palace and old quarters are within walking distance.

The room we had face the road. It is big but well kept. We stayed there for 2 nights and my only complain, the pub opposite the room may get a bit noisy for light sleepers.

Prior to Naples we heard about theft and such... maybe we were lucky but it was definitely safe for me (don't show your Guccis and Pradas and don't wear your gold necklace outside your shirt). I also realised the Napoleons were the most helpful and friendliest people in Italy. Walking around Naples was pleasant. You can see kids playing football everywhere. They are so passionate.

Room Tip: For super light sleepers only: I have not check out the room opposite, but it may be a good idea to...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RaymondYong
Reviewed 9 January 2012

after a disastrous first night at another b&b, I went online and found this place. what a difference. staying here is like suddenly having long lost relatives in napoli to stay with. carmine's parents are both in the 80's. mama seems always in the kitchen. after a day of touring, I'd sit down for a cup of tea and learned how to play scopa (a card game) with papa for a half hour. carmine is a very giving host. after I was turned away at a restaurant for being a solo diner, he walked with me to a different restaurant (on his way for his evening run) and made sure they would seat me. and what a great meal it was. another night when I mentioned I loved mellanzane parmesan, he telephoned a restaurant he said served the best in town to make sure it was on the menu that night.

my big tip about napoli is get out of the old town which is all that seems to be on the tourist maps they give out. many people told me how dirty and dangerous napoli was, but once I found my way around I'll forever tell those people they don't know what they're talking about. go to castel d'ovo and the chiaia district, then take the funicular up to the vomero district.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo