“Fourth visit to WeekendaNapoli” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Week-end a Napoli

Week-end a Napoli
Ranked #29 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Fourth visit to WeekendaNapoli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

By now those of you who are regular readers of the review page will know that I always stay at Villa Maria (WeekendaNapoli) with Paolo and Patrizia. I use it when I visit my friends who live in the Vomero. I am as comfortable now as I was when I first used this hotel. I have heard comments about Naples from people who have not visited the area who think the place is a den of iniquity and that you are not safe to walk the streets. WRONG - I have lived there for over six years; I have visited the area many times and have never encountered any problems. I have walked home from visiting one of my friends at one o'clock in the morning with no problems. I have taken the funiculare to the port and crossed to the islands. No problem. I feel safer there than in my home town on the south coast of England. Good points - this are has good public transport to other parts of Naples - funiculare - metropolitana - autobus and taxis. There are at least a couple of hundred small shops in the Vomero area that will suit all pockets. Apart from that there are numerous museums and churches that Paolo and Patrizia will tell you all about. they will also help you choose a restaurant. Take coffee in Piazza Vanvitelli and watch the world go by - they never rush you.

Room Tip: Speak with Paolo and Patrizia - they are so helpful
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed at Weekend a Napoli and were delighted with the house and room. The owner was very helpful and gave us lots of advice regarding seeing the sights and advised us to purchase a tourist art card which once purchased covered all our travelling and admission fees to the main tourist attractions, including Pompeii and Herculaneum. It also saved us having to queue at metro and rail stations for tickets which was a real advantage. The breakfasts were tasty and the service good and friendly. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms at ground level do not have a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Within an hour of us arriving, Paolo and Patrizia had arranged our Napoli card (which covered entrance to Pompeii, Herculaneum, most museums including the Museo Archeologico Nazionale, and all transport), explained Neopolitan public transport, given us suggestions of where to visit (from shops to the best gelato cafes), booked dinner for us at an amazing local restaurant (Menu: whatever Angela decides to cook that day - but there's sure to be lots of it and it's all incredible!) and taken us to their favourite local pizzeria. They, and their staff, simply couldn't have been nicer and more helpful.
Whilst the B&B looks like it is located slightly out of the centre, we found that this was a good thing. Napoli Centro can be quite intimidating at night (as two girls we felt like this anyway), but the B&B is located in a well-heeled, fun district where we felt very safe. It's also extremely well connected so we could be in the city centre very quickly for all sightseeing.
Our tips: Go to Castel Sant'Elmo (in Vomero, near the B&B) at sunset for beautiful views of the city, and ask Paolo to book a taxi for you to the B&B from the airport (should be 23 Euros) so you don't get stung by enterprising locals like us!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Beautiful property and wonderful stay. I loved it. I would love to come back!!

Everyone is very nice and friendly. Excellent service. Beautiful room and very clean.

Good breakfast. This is the place to syat qhen you are in Napoli. Thank you!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Week-end a Napoli is a little sanctuary nestled in what can sometimes be a chaotic city. Paolo, the proprietor, was warm and generous with his time and went the extra mile to help my stay be as easy as possible. The entire staff was friendly. The breakfasts were yummy and the garden provided a reprieve to hectic days. I absolutely recommend this lovely establishment to all who travel to Naples.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Week-end a Napoli is the only place to stay in Naples. Paolo and Patrizia made us feel so welcome. The apartment was amazing and large. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We missed breakfast due to jet lag and staying out too late, but I am sure it would have been wonderful. When I arrived Paolo and Patrizia gave me lots of information and Paolo personally walked me all the way to the metro, bought my ticket and delivered me to my preplanned tour guide! It was amazing! I have never had such good service. The next day they gave us local advice for the best pizza restaurant in Naples and they were right on! I don't know which is better, the hotel accommodations or Paolo and Patrizia. You will be as happy as I was if you stay here. I was a little worried about Naples, but after staying at Weekend a Napoli and receiving the advice from Paolo and Patrizia, it is a great city and one I will travel again to soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment. It was two bedroom, 2 bathroom and a kitchen. Very private.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susanssl
Parma, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I travel to Naples for work regularly and have been staying at Weekend a Napoli for the past few years. Patrizia and Paolo are the perfect hosts and share their home with all their guests. I feel part of the extended family of Patrizia and Paolo. The house is beautuiful, the rooms spacious, clean, and homely. The local and regional advice is trustworthy and with detail to give you choices. The local restaurants are well known and come with personal experience recommendation. Breakfast is traditional and plentiful, my favorite cakes made by Paolo while brief breakfast discussion with Patrazia as she sees to all her guests makes a great start to the morning. All the staff are as welcoming as Patrizia and Paolo knowing when to be there or leave you to your privacy.

Paolo is a fountain of knowledge while Patrizia is the foundation of the home and many of the personal touches all making Weekend a Napoli an experience I recommend to many. Weekend a Napoli is high quality accommodation with high quality genuiune owners and staff, very hard to find in big hotels or anywhere today.

Room Tip: All rooms special and unique, try them all if you have the opportunity to visit often.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business