“Amazing location. Really Basic accomodation. Recommended with some issues.”
Review of Tribu

Tribu
Ranked #273 of 666 Naples B&B and Inns
Termoli, Italy
“Amazing location. Really Basic accomodation. Recommended with some issues.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed in B&B Tribu for two nights in a single room. It is not a real bed and breakfast, but a large aparment with some rooms with private services. The location is excellent. It is in the hearth of historical city center, within walking distance from everything, from excellent restaurant to main Naples attraction. I reached on foot the B&B from main railway station, it is less than 20 minutes walk, and it is perfectly safe.The b&b is located in an historical building, so there are is no elevator and no possibility to access by car, because its' a pedestrian area and streets are so small that car access is forbidden. Garages within 5 minutes walking are available, though. The owner has beeen very kind in arranging accomodation and in helping me with all my needs. He accepted the booking by phone only without any credit card deposit, and he kindly suggested me to book the accomodation only without breakfast which lowerd the price per night to 50 euros. So where is the problem? Despite the apartment is very well furnished and accurately provided with art pieces there are some issues. i can speak for my room, which is the Soffitta dell'artista ( Artist's attic), maybe others are different. My rooms was reachable through a really steep metal staicase directly from living room. The main concern is the bed. The design style of the room is a rustic environment, so all the furniture is accorded to this style. But the bed is literaly supported only by a pallet. It goes without saying that it is incredibly uncomfortable. The bathroom is a portion of the room with the only division provided by a slab of opaque glass which leaves the top opened. Privacy ko. The only window of the room is a low window which conveys a very small quantity of light because it faces an internal court, but the light insulation is left by a curtain. The sound insulation is ok, because of the internal court, but we heard clearly some night activity. In the whole room there are only a small light on the basin and a table lamp, which is really too low to use the room for anything else but sleep. There is no room service and my room was not cleaned in my two days staying. The value for the price paid is ok, because of the excellent location, but the room issues had a strong influence on my opinion.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed one night at another apartment, belonging to the Tribu Napoli, just 50 meters away from the palazzo. It is part of the building block of the church San Lorenzo Maggiore. The old apartment is nicely redesigned by the owners themselves. Tall rooms with big windows and a wonderful view into the beautiful street "via Tribunale" where most of the ancient churches and convents are located nearby. The owners of the B&B Tribu Napoli are very helpful and have a lovely taste for details. They even designed a city map for their guests with all the architectural information you need. We will definitely stay there again next time in Napoli.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed five nights here in May 2013. The Tribu is a small, four bedroom B&B, located in part of an ancient palazzo in central Naples. The owners live nearby and are on hand in the morning to offer advice etc on your visit. Its perfectly located for many of central Naples sights, all within easy walking distance, and excellent restaurants and bars. The owners have created a comfortable, homely ambiance, and the other guests during our visit - French, Italian and American - had nothing but praise for the accommodation.

I will add a few small buts though... The towels and bed linen had seen better days and there could have been more variety offered at breakfast. The grouting in the shower room also required some attention (I know, I'm a fusspot).

Naples has a bit of a reputation but don't be put off. There are fewer crowds than the Italian hotspots like Rome, Venice and Florence, there is plenty to see and the food is great.

Room Tip: There are only four letting rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We spent 4 nights in this B&B in the heart of Naples' centro storico, where the streets are stone-paved alleyways between huge tall palazzi and churches. In contrast to the bustle and sense of history outside, Tribu B&B is quiet and calm, decorated in modern and mid-century furniture, and with evidence everywhere of our hostess Alessandra's creative skills. Even the table mats at breakfast are home-made ceramics. Our host Gaetano was very helpful with ideas and recommendations about what to see and where to eat and drink, which immediately gave us confidence to go out and enjoy the city. Coffee at breakfast was excellent and so was the freshly-squeezed orange juice. The B&B has a handsome terrace in the courtyard of the palazzo where Tribu is on the second floor (no lift) which will no doubt be great in summer (we visited in February). There are four bedrooms in total, each with a diminutive shower room, and ours had a mezzanine with small bed which would do for a child. Bring sensible shoes as Naples is a city for walking, and some taxi drivers (in our experience) don't like taking their cars down the very narrow one-way lanes of the old city where Tribu is situated.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
alearancia, Proprietario at Tribu, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Elizabeth
thanks to you and your splendid family for staying at the b & b tribù. We are confident that with your love for art, have enjoyed our home and our city!
arrivederci
gaetano, alessandra and family
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Tribu was the perfectly cozy place for me and my son to stay during our six day visit in Napoli. The artistic atmosphere created by the friendly owners, Gaetano and Alessandra, was so pleasant. Its location, in the heart of the old city, made it easy for us to explore by walking everywhere. Also, we spent an afternoon visiting Sorrento and another day in Pompeii, each an easy train ride away. We hope to return to Napoli, soon, and will definitely choose to stay at Tribu B&B, our "home away from home"!

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Picked here largely because it said it was run by artists, and so I thought it'd be interesting. Lived up to expectations - rooms really nicely done (minimalist so not going to be a pain if you don't like their art) and breakfast more like an art installation than a meal (bread/marmalade and a tiny cake was about all I was willing to touch each morning).
Best thing though were the owners, who were incredibly helpful: not just in the things you'd expect, telling me where to get transport and where to buy tickets for the Napoli soccer match, but also where you wouldn't, like encouraging me to go to an art opening on the night I arrived since they'd be interesting people there with stories to tell (I'm a journalist so always up for story).
Stayed, oddly, in two rooms in two nights - I'd booked a more expensive one, but they offered me another at a cheaper price after realising I was by myself.
Decided to try both. The first with a balcony was fantastic, the other on a mezzanine didn't have a window and was much less spacious so I'd recommend avoiding that if given the option.
It's in the atmospheric Centro Storico area of Naples, about 15 minutes walk from the station, near some great pizzerias. I found it perfectly safe and didn't mind wandering back at 2:30am on a Friday night... But each to their own.
Oh, only other thing is breakfast's at a set time in the morning, 8:30 Saturday, I think, 9am Sunday, and the rooms are near the kitchen so if you're a light sleeper like me you may get woken up by the sound of metal on cutlery. Check out's at 10am. Basically if you're the sort of person who likes to lie-in until midday, it may not be for you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Livingston, TX
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Enter through the giant, ancient, courtyard door into a modern decorated, clean, comfortable B&B. Several room configurations will fit your group. We especially enjoyed breakfast on the balcony. Great hosts who will spend the time talking and planning your stay. Go back out the huge door and you are back in the ancient city away from your peaceful oasis. We will be back for more adventures.

Room Tip: The rear room with the balcony was very peaceful and had a wee breeze.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family