All reviews roof terrace hot tub cakes within walking distance third floor top floor short visit large bathroom one night stay near the train station mount vesuvius main entrance air conditioning free parking amalfi coast ruins church
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Stayed five nights at this lovely period but modern hotel located within walking distance of the Pompei ruins and also ideal for the nearby square to enjoy the "Italian Experience" sitting outside the many bars and restaurants or just people watching during the warm Mediterranean evenings......

My air conditioned room which had a balcony was large, bright and airy together with a large bathroom and walk in shower

The roof top jacuzzi was also an absolute god send to chill out with a cool beer after a days sight seeing in the hot Mediterranean weather and there were also adequate sunbeds and an additional comfortable seating area with superb views of Vesuvius on the roof terrace

The hotel also had the best free wi-fi connection ever found in any international hotel and the cleaning lady insisted on folding my clothing properly instead of me placing it over the back of a chair.

Lovely attentive staff in the light and airy restaurant with great food and a big range of the continental variety for breakfast.

Room Tip: None that I can think of
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deyrick B
HotelPalmaStaff, Responsabile reception at Hotel Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear guest, Thank you for having dedicated some of your time to review our structure, it is always a pleasure to receive compliments from our satisfied guests, every day we strive to the maximum to ensure our guests a stay in comfort and relax . We look forward to your next stay in Pompeii. Best regards.Lia

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for during a group tour from the dates June 7 - 14 and I was really looking forward to my stay. It is decorated nicely, staff are friendly, the food is nice as well and a great Terrace with hot tube with wonderful views over looking the church and city square. However that is all the nice thing to say. The rooms are huge with comfortable bedding and all however I had a room infested with bed bugs. When I settled in for the night I noticed bugs under my pillow, I immediately grabbed a glass and put one in there and took it down to the front desk to show them what I found in my bed. The front desk personal said "so what do you want me to do" in which I replied, my bed is infested with these bugs and they are coming out of the pillows and the bedding. The guy then said "so want do you want me to do about it, we have no rooms left and we can't move you." Walk walked away. I rufused to sleep in the room and head up to the roof top terrace and slept there for my first night.

The next morning I informed my tour manager showed her the pictures of the bugs and we went over to talk to the front desk staff again. The personal staff said "yes I saw the bugs but this is not a bug that we have in Italy. You (she pointed it at me) and said that I bought the bugs into the hotel and they are not responsible for the bugs." My tour manager insisted that my room be changed but they told us there were no rooms left but they would clean the room.
Apparently they didn't didn't clean the room. I started developing little bumps all over my body but assumed it was heat blisters as it was very hot that week and my body doesn't do well in heat. By the end of the week I feeling unwell and when I arrived at my next location (London, England) the bumps were really itchy and went right to the doctors only to be told I was having a severe reaction to bed bug bites, including some of them were severely infected and these bites were no older then 6 days old, and that I was allergic to them and I was admitted into the hospital to get a round of medication to prevent further infections. The doctor at the hospital said this was the worst form of bed bug bites she has seen in 15 yrs of being a dr. Due to these bites I still have scares all over my body and I now have to go and get more blood work done to make sure the infections have not affected any organs and to make sure that these bugs didn't carry any other diseases with them.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Mary_Elizabeth865
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

The room was very nice, there were ants in the cupboard but it wasn't anything major. We had parking directly in front
Average European breakfast
The only issue was being on the top floor where the terrace was, at night guests would sit there and talk/laugh loudly and it was disturbing
The staff were very friendly except one woman,but it's not like we had to deal with her for life. Perfect walking distance to the Pompeii ruins and the Virgin Rosary church
The hotel booked our trip to Vesuvius but. I one told us it's an additional €10 to climb the mountain
Good restaurants nearby
I'd definitely stay here again
Amazing views from the rooftop

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Stayed for a couple of nights at Hotel Palma on a trip to Pompei. It was an early flight and got to the hotel at around 10am, our room was ready and we checked in early with no charge which was a plus. All the staff at the reception were friendly. Victoria as well as José were very polite and will go the extra mile for you.
Having read about Pompei being stuck in time, I was not expecting an immaculate room with exceptional facilities. Our room was on the first floor, spacious and clean and had a balcony. The bathroom was also clean but unfortunately, the shower door was broken, the water did not drain properly and the shower head requires attention.
Hotel Palma is very near to 2 train stations and 10 min away from the ruins and restaurants.
Expect the unusual for breakfast, lots of home made cakes and sweets. Dinner is also good, with a lot of pasta on the menu.
Ive had to give this hotel 3 stars because we've had trouble sleeping all 3 nights. The room faces the street and in the early mornings all you can hear is honking cars, I guess drivers just being impatient. Moreover, the next door guests had no consideration for others and made a lot of noise from 5.30am, talking aloud and constantly banging their doors. It was just impossible to have a lie in. Overall, Hotel Palma is not bad but can improve.

Room Tip: Choose rooms above first floor!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelPalmaStaff, Responsabile reception at Hotel Palma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Dear guest, thank you for reviewing our structure, we like you to be fine, courtesy and cleanliness are elements that we pay close attention to. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel as described on their website and Trip Advisor. Stayed here one night while visiting the Pompei ruins. Comfortable bed, decent shower and balcony with views of the local train station. Quiet hotel with a simple buffet breakfast in main area. Easy walk to the main entrance of the Pompei ruins. Recommend to others.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your review and for having decided to share it with us. We are really happy to have had a nice stay at our Hotel and stayed very happy. We look forward to it soon! Sincerely. lia