“Could a vacation get any more peaceful?”
Review of La Perla Rosa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Procida Island
La Perla Rosa
Roanoke, Virginia
“Could a vacation get any more peaceful?”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our apartment had a terrace overlooking the harbor in the little fishing village. No pleasure craft, just fishing boats. No cars. The nearest road was 200 feet up the hill. Nice little restaurants with good food right off the boats, and grocery stores, bakery and butcher up the hill a 5 minute walk. The apartment lacked a couple things we needed, but Eliana lives upstairs and she delivers quickly when you ask. The people in the village were quite friendly and some spoke English. Do not stay here if you are looking for excitement and hustle, car horns honking, or police sirens, but if you want some peace and quiet with your special someone this is a great place.

Room Tip: We were there in May. I do not know if it is as quiet in the summer, but with no cars it may be.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I don't really want to say anything about how lovely it was in case it's all booked up next time I want to go!! I loved every minute the room was lovely and I loved sitting on the balcony watching the boats coming in and out and not doing very much at all! The owners are wonderful - friendly and helpful but not intrusive - an experience to be repeated!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dublin
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Do I really want to tell everyone about this perfect pearl and share it? I have a generous heart so yes, and I hope there will still be room for me when I go back, as I will do. If you go I hope you enjoy sitting on the balcony watching the boats puttering about in the evening, the yellow church a different shade at every time of the day and deep gold at sunset, the Nonnas shushing the children to sleep in the houses above. Marina Corricella is a very special place, and La Perla Rosa is the perfect place to stay on this small island. I booked a room but found I had a studio apartment, with everything I could need, simple, pretty, and a big balcony looking out over the water. See the photographs, they tell it much better than any words I can find. Grazie Eliana.

It felt like I was the only tourist there in late September, the island was quiet, much quieter than Ischia. The beaches are black and grainy, not pretty, but they have a special attraction and the beach at Marina Chiaolella is memorable. I was there at the tail end of a storm, and the waves were inspiring and calming. The next day it was calm and the water was clear. The little buses that cross the island are easy to figure out, and the distances are very small and mostly walkable.

One warning: I arrived to Molo Beverello and took the first boat across without checking it out, which was a fast ferry. I was in fact in no hurry at all, and looking forward to the boat journey. it was not possible to sit outside, and the motion of the boat as it went up and down, UP and DOWN made me very sick. Going by boat is my favourite way to travel, I enjoy the trip for its own sake but this time unfortunately instead of sitting out on deck watching Procida draw nearer as I sailed out into the Bay of Naples, I sat trying to endure the minutes and contain the nausea while the island seemed to be such a long way away. On the way back I took the slow boat, and had a wonderful cruise into Naples. So if you are not in a hurry, and even if you are (Procida is about slowing down), try to take the slow boat and enjoy the experience. as far as I can figure out the slow boats do not go from Molo Beverello, but from very near by and are worth finding.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the biggest balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lonipod
Paris, France
Reviewed 22 February 2011

The apartment is right on the waterfront in a beautiful ancient marina - one of three on the island and the nicest by far. It even has a romantic balcony that looks over the water and is perfect in just about every way. The only minor minor issue I could mention is that the water pressure in the shower is extremely weak. Highly recommend the apartment particularly in february as the area is not overrun by tourists and the marina is really amazingly beautiful.

A few notes:
-Dont take a taxi from marina grande where the ferries come in. Its 10 euros for what is a 5 or 10 minute walk up the hill. The island is really small.
-The only restaurant open in the area when we were there was il postino on the marina. Suprisingly it was recommended by the guy who runs the apartment. It was without doubt the worst and most overpriced meal we had in Italy. Check out the other reviews on it if you have any doubt. A complete tourist trap. Strongly recommend you stay away from it and there are other good restaurants on the island at a fraction of the price..
-There is great food on the rest of the island and you can buy pasta etc. in the alimentari markets 5 minutes up the hill to cook in the nice kitchen in the apartment.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank peregrino1900
Ravenna
Reviewed 19 May 2010

If you and your family are looking for a unique and memorable experience, this is a hidden jewel you don't want to miss out on. We stayed in a beautiful apartment and had a wonderful time exploring Procida's natural beauty. Apartments are furnished with a kitchen with full cooking amenities.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family