“Honeymoon couple with British plates!”

Rome & Vatican Tours
Ranked #488 of 977 Tours in Lazio
More attraction details
Owner description: Ciao! My name is Valter Di Giacomo and I am an Official Tour Guide in Rome and Vatican City.
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Honeymoon couple with British plates!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We arrived in Rome on the Tuesday morning, having driven down from the UK and thought we would see if there was a chance we could get into the Vatican. We were approached whilst standing in the line and although it seems quite a lot of money to take a guided tour, this one was well worth it. The young lady in question was called Debbie and was extremely knowledgeable and articulate, making the two hour guided tour feel like 20 minutes. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank PaulandPaula23

San Jose, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Mama Mia”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

This was a second tour with Ilaria Marsili on the same trip. She skillfully took my husband and I through the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, and the Basilica. My husband and I love museums! Ilaria knew we could spend days in a museum but only had this one day for these three sites. Given her extensive knowledge, coupled with our interests she discerned from our prior day together, she chose to show us select but important pieces. For example, Ilaria knew my interest in Michelangelo's David. I particularly enjoyed how she wove together the evolution of sculpture/sculptor pieces to show us how the art form grew, developed, and culminated with David. Her tour was both educational, introducing me to new pieces, and also personalized!
Prior to entering the Sistine Chapel, Ilaria not only explained what were about to see but also the small details to look for. Our time in the Sistine Chapel was exceptional because of her guidance. We so much more enjoyed and appreciated our time in this very crowded place.
The Basilica was very moving for me. Ilaria silently acknowledged the emotion of the moment and shed a few quiet tears with me. Again her knowledge, gentleness, sincerity, and most importantly, love of her city, made the tour so much more. I recommend Ilaria to everyone! My husband and I are so impressed with Ilaria that we can't wait to get back to Rome just to spend more time with her.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Sept1468
Ottawa, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Rome Tours with Avventure Bellissime - OUTSTANDING!”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Our guide, Francesca, made our time in Rome truly memorable. Not only is she a subject matter expert on the history of Rome, she is also an extremely engaging and personable story teller. She didn't make us feel like we were getting a history lesson, rather that we were listening to a story unfold. She had all of our group, ranging in age from 8 to over 50 captivated. While the other tours we took in Florence, Venice, Pompei and Cinque Terre were excellent, none of them compared to the tours of the Coliseum, The Forum and The Vatican with Francesca. Thank you Francesca and Avventure Bellisme for a fantastic time!

Visited August 2011
Palo Alto, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent personal tour guide for Vatican”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We hired Ilaria Marsili as a guide for our family (2 parents, 3 children (ages 11,13,15)) for a half day tour of the Vatican in Rome. She was excellent. Her planning and communication before our travels from the US was responsive and complete. She arranged a timeslot that worked within our travel schedule, and provided a plan for meeting at the Vatican. This all worked out very easily. For the tour, we purchased our Vatican tickets beforehand at Ilaria's instruction.

She is very friendly and immediately engaged the kids. Ilaria was able to navigate us through the museum entrance area (bag check etc) quickly and then the tour began. She found a quiet spot and provided a quick history and reviewed what we wanted to see. She tailored the tour based on this intro. Ilaria is extremely knowledgeable about the art and history of Rome, and how it all fits together.

Throughout the museum she checked in with us, especially the kids, to see if any adjustments were needed. She was able to direct our path to avoid big groups and backups to keep us moving comfortably. Before visiting the Sistine Chapel she again arranged a quiet spot to catch our breath and she reviewed the history & art of the chapel, so we were well prepared when we entered.

We spent 5 days in Rome and this was one of the highlights for our family -- especially the kids. We felt that the money spent was definitely worth it, as we could not have gotten nearly as much from a short (half day) visit as we did with Ilaria. She is fun, very energetic, good with the kids and again - very knowledgeable.

Ilaria Marsili
cspiut@tin.it

Visited July 2011
2 Thank PAfamily1212
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The ancient ruins came alive for our family with ilaria's keen knowledge and expressive style.”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

What a wonderful afternoon spent with Ilaria Marsili among the ancient ruins in Rome! Despite the sweltering heat that day, her tour really made the ruins so enticing for our family and her historical knowledge was impressive. She has an incredible sense of warmth about her and a sharp sense of humor. It was a highlight of our stay in Rome. I would recommend touring with her wholeheartedly.

Visited July 2011