“A great value for a great experience - 100% Worth the splurge!!!”

Rome & Vatican Tours
Ranked #495 of 985 Tours in Lazio
More attraction details
Owner description: Ciao! My name is Valter Di Giacomo and I am an Official Tour Guide in Rome and Vatican City.
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I had been advised by friends to book a private tour of the Vatican to avoid the long lines - which was the BEST travel advice I have ever been given. I did not know which company to book with - the ones recommended by Rick Steve's were unavailable (I booked about a week or so in advance), so I took a chance on Kiss from Italy - and I am so glad I did! This tour was less expensive than many of the others, but I cannot imagine how it could have been any better. The guide (Margherita, Ph.D.) was extremely personable and informative (and spoke excellent English). We bypassed the EXTREMELY long lines outside (saving many hours of time), and once inside she was skilled at navigating the enormous crowds and complicated interior of the museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's (and surrounds). She provided a fascinating background of the painting of the sistine chapel before we entered, which made the experience so much more enjoyable. I felt so sorry for all of the thousand of people who did not have Margherita as their private guide!! I cannot recommend this company (and Margarita) enough - especially if you have limited time in Rome, it is worth every penny just to skip the lines, let alone have your own private art-historian take you through this incredible world. Now I want to come back and see the rest of the city this way!!

1  Thank jen w
There are newer reviews for Rome & Vatican Tours

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Our group of very close friends (4 families, 8 adults and 4 teenager kids) came from USA for ten day vacation in Italy. We stayed in Rome for four days and had two amazing tours with Ilaria Marsili on the consecutive days - the 1/2 day Rome Overview Tour and 3 hour Vatican Tour.
Ilaria has all the skills which the great tour guide should have - deep knowledge, passion, friendliness, kindness, enthusiasm and dedication. Ilaria was not only running her tour with high pace, but at the end of it gave us the “homework” - list of places to visit on the next day.
We came back home two days ago and already want to get back to Rome and have Ilaria guiding us through more adventures!

1  Thank SMM-NJ
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Based on a recommendation from a friend, we hired Ilaria as our tour guide while in Rome. We spent two FANTASTIC days touring with her. We fell in love with her and the city. She tailored the tours to meet exactly what we were looking for. The breadth and depth of her knowledge is tremendous. Her love and passion for the art and history of Rome is clear and her energy makes touring fun and exciting.

We spent our first day touring the Vatican and the second touring more ancient Roman sights such as the Colosseum and San Clemente church. We didn't waste a second because of Ilaria's knowledge and we learned so much. She ended each day with suggestions for the rest of the afternoon and evening. She even went so far as to make dinner reservations for us!

Ilaria is so friendly and kind. I would recommend that anyone who is traveling to Rome and looking for a personal tour guide contact her. We will definitely do so when we return to Rome!

2  Thank Jessica423
Reviewed 2 May 2012

An amazing private tour guide called Ilaria Marsili took my 8 and 10 years old children, my dear husband and I for a half day tour of the Vatican in Rome.

It is a daunting task to try to arrange travel for a family of 4 from afar. However, Ilaria really did take all my fears out of the experience. First and foremost she was very responsive to my emails and helped us with the planning. Ilaria is so proud of her city where she grew up. She will bend over backwards to make sure we don't miss anything important.

We arrived almost an hour late...but she was so patient, professional, very friendly and immediately engaged the kids. Ilaria was able to take us through the museum entrance and quickly started the tour. She direct and navigated our path to avoid big crowds and kept us moving comfortably. Her tour was highly educational and personalized to our interest! Ilaria was also entertaining us by telling all the funny stories told.

Prior to entering the Sistine Chapel, she gave us an overview of the history and art of the chapel including small details to look for in a quiet and comfortable area. In the Chapel, we enjoyed and appreciated the quiet time.

Throughout the entire tour she checked the kids, to see if any adjustments were needed. Our family is impressed with her that we can't wait find a reason to go back and do another tour with her.

We truly had an exceptional time and this was really one of the highlights for our family. Not only was she extremely knowledgeable, incredible at her job, but her humor, gentleness, and enthusiasm exceeds our expectation.

I was pleasantly surprised that we received such excellent treatment for a very reasonable price and believe me I did a lot of research on private tour guides. We highly recommend Ilaria to everyone!

Ilaria Marsili's contact info: ilaria@ilariamarsilirometours.com / www.ilariamarsilirometours.com

2  Thank 2000Familyof5Star
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We arrived in Rome on the Tuesday morning, having driven down from the UK and thought we would see if there was a chance we could get into the Vatican. We were approached whilst standing in the line and although it seems quite a lot of money to take a guided tour, this one was well worth it. The young lady in question was called Debbie and was extremely knowledgeable and articulate, making the two hour guided tour feel like 20 minutes. Highly recommended.

1  Thank PaulandPaula23