“So close to Trevi Fountain!”

Suite Artis Barberini
Ranked #1,858 of 3,722 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2011

This was a great little place to stay...location, location, location! The Trevi Fountain was just a couple of blocks away, so we walked there every night after we were done with our day! Beware - there is no elevator - but the rooms were very clean and the staff was very nice. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a great view of the fountain in the square below!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank heathermcalister2

Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I traveled throughout Europe in September 2011. This was our last stop and we stayed in Rome at the Residence AT for 3 nights. The location was ok...it is close to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and a 20 minute walk to most other sites in Rome. However, there was no elevator and the stair case was long and hot. There was no assistance offered to help with our bags and of the four people we met who worked at the hotel only two spoke English. They were not helpful in securing a cab to the airport or suggesting a much more reasonable shuttle we later found and used to get to the airport. They offered no suggestions for good restaurants. The breakfast was average, but most are in Europe.

During the day when they cleaned our room they turned off the air conditioner, leaving our room hot and stuffy when we returned after a long day of hiking in 90-degree heat through Rome. I would not recommend the Residence AT and I would not stay here again. There are many other hotels in the same location that all looked better than this one.

Next time I am in Rome I would choose to stay in the Travestere area or closer to the river.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We had great time at Residence AT after surviving 106 stairs. We were upgraded from double room to a 2 storey apartment with living room with fire place downstairs and bedroom and bathroom upstairs. It is not an everyday opportunity to watch Palazzo Berberini from bathroom. Breakfast is served at the room at the time you choose and they serve toast, croissants, tea,juice, marmelade, butter. The apartment was very clean and is tastefully decorated.
The location is just perfect. We stayed in Rome for a week and did not use any public transportation. It is 5 min from the Spanish Stairs on one side and 5 minutes walk from Trevi Fauntain. In some 20 minutes of nice walk you get to Forum and Colloseum. We even walked to Vatikan and all other sites. We only used bus to go shopping to one of the nearby designer outlets, but at the end shopping in Rome shops was much better experience and we enjoyed it more.
One piece of advice, do not bother to book any guided tours, as everything to be seen (and in Rome that is truly everything) is within walking distance and why loosing a chance to explore little narrow streets and enjoying Rome charm.
It is advisable to buy tickets for museums and galleries in advance to avoid quing up.
For Vatikan museum visit I suggest booking a tour. We did it online and we very happy we did it, given that there are 1200 rooms available for public, and you easily get lost. It took us 4 hours to see the most important parts of the Vatikan museum. After the visit we were so tired and it was raining, so we went to the first restaurant on the main street accross Vatikan and that was real rip off - overpriced bad food.
I am looking forward to repeating my visit to Rome and I would again choose this place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank LejlaH
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I was thinking that no elevator would not be so bad, but when I had to do this 4 times a day it wasn't so easy at all. Especially on arrival day when we had to carry our luggages more than 100 steps...
The room was so so soooo small, no place to put our luggages, we kept our clothes in there and place the luggages in front of bathroom door.
Breakfast in bed was not so bad, but i think that for a family or older peopol it's not so easy to eat on bed.
The place where the hotel was it was good, since it's next to Barberini Metro Station and near to Spanish Steps.
I'm planning to go to Rome in 2 months again, but this time I booked an other hotel. AT residence defenatelly didn't worth the money!

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good room to suggest...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was completely happy staying here. Rome was the last stop on our 3-city Europe vacation, and I am so glad we booked the Residence AT. It was by far the nicest place we stayed while on vacation. It was clean, spacious enough, and had a great location. The breakfast was good, brought to our room each morning at the time we had requested. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bathroom was spacious enough and was clean.
There are only two negatives about this place. First, as the other reviewers have stated, there is no lift, and you must walk up several flights of stairs (94 stairs, my husband says). However, it is not a strenuous climb; the stairs are not steep and there are several landings along the way. The only other negative is the air conditioner. It did not cool very well at all. They turned it off when they cleaned the room each day, so it might have cooled the room if it had stayed on during the day. As it was, we had it on as high as it would go all night, and we still were hot. It felt more like an oscillating fan than an air conditioner.
All in all I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have problems climbing stairs.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I was surprised to see such a negative review below. We loved the Residence AT. Our room was more like a small apartment, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Our breakfast was brought to the room every morning, and we were given great advice on places to eat, etc. Even the staff that wasn't fluent found ways to help us out and communicate with us. Overall, a great little hotel. If you're looking for 5 star--it's probably not the place. But it's nice. Located within walking distance of EVERYTHING. Lastly--the stairs. Yes, there are 4 flights of stairs. Personally, I didn't think it was a big deal. I was walking all over Rome so what was 4 more flights? But if you can't do stairs, it's something to consider.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Enndea
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I would never like to be negative about a place, but clearly not a place would like to recomend.. The staff is definitely not the most friendly and the building is an old dilapadated one.. even though the location is good but to begin with you can not identify it and then its a 120 steps .. There are very good hotels in the locality which one could get at just a few extra euros.. After a hectic day of sightseeing the thought of 120 steps was sure draining.. We checked out after our first night!

Room Tip: Be prepared to spend more on Hotel in Rome
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family