“Cannot beat the location!”

Boutique Hotel Trevi
Ranked #668 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel had other things going for it as well. The rooms were very clean, & a decent size, especially by European standards. Almost anything you could ask for was provided at breakfast- fruit, bread, pastries, cheese, cereal, juice, coffee. Be aware that it is unlikely they will let you into your room before 2:00. I would definetly recommend

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank BES19

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Our room was on the 5th floor and had a balcony. Sitting at the balcony in the morning listening to the Trevi Fountain was superb. The room was in front of the street, but the noise did not bother us. Actually, I enjoyed the noise. The room was big enough for us. No complain with the location!!

Only one complain... One of the staffs at the front desk was not friendly at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KyH33602
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This place was perfect. We arrived and the desk clerk welcomed us with a smile. There was 4 of us and we got 2 rooms. Both rooms were perfect. They were large enough for us, nicely decorated and the view of the street was perfect. Early in the morning you could open your window hear Trevi fountain. We would go walk to the fountain at 3 in the morning and 6 in the morning and have it all to ourselves. The hotel is about 100 yards from the fountain. The street in front is a pedestrian street with a lot of shops and small food stands. The breakfast was nice and hearty. It was in the basement, as is normal with most places in Europe and had enough food for everyone. They had cereal, meats, cheeses, bread, fruit and a lot more. It was just a perfect place. The desk clerk was more than happy to provide us with suggestions on where to eat and where to go.

Room Tip: Get a room at the front of the hotel and you can hear the fountain.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 7 June 2013

As stated in most of the reviews, the location was great and every time you went out the front door there were beggars, hawkers and tons of people on their way to somewhere, welcome to Rome! The first room we were sent too already had someone in it...sleeping, the second room was over the street but surprising quiet. The room was pretty typical for Europe, small.....so small the safe was located behind a closet door that couldn't open all the way because the bed was right there, the key slot that you place your key card in for power etc was right by the front door but you had to get inside the dark room, close the door then fumble in the dark to find the key card slot, the toilet flusher aperatus on the bathroom wall keep falling off and no maid service. The front desk staff was hit and miss. Would I go back, No but since I have to I am going to a hopefully nice hotel in a greener area very close to the metro where I can be almost anywhere in minutes.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gogogal55
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here for four nights for our honeymoon in April.

The location of this hotel is second to none. It really is right in the centre of things. We did take a cab to the Vatican but we found that it was easy to walk back to the hotel.

Or room was large and comfortable. Unfortunately we were located n the front of the hotel so there was some noise from the street below at night.

Breakfast was reasonable. Fair selection of pastries, fruit and cereals.

Would definitely stay in this hotel again but would ask for a room in the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah_Black7829
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was so skeptical because of the mixed reviews of this hotel I almost changed locations and I am so glad I didn't. The location was on point! I was exactly in the middle of everything. I didn't need a cab or to use public transportation until I had to go to the Vatican which saved me tons of time and money. My room was not ready when I arrived but they took my bags and kept them until I got back later that night. The breakfast wasn't bad either. Very filling before a long day out and about. I stayed in a single room which is small but I was only in the room to shower and sleep so it was actually just perfect. My only complaint, and I can't say it was a small complaint, is the size of the shower. It is smaller than my shoes closet or my lined closet. I mean it was seriously the most uncomfortably small shower I have been in in a hotel. It was smaller than the showers on a cruise ship. Other than that it was clean. It was secure. It was cool. The staff was wonderfully pleasant and helpful. If you are a solo traveler I would sincerely recommend this place in Rome.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I travelled with a group of friends - the hotel is in a perfect location for everything shops restaurants and attractions. It was approximately 100 yards from Trevi Fountain and safe location. The rooms were immaculated and well presented.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends