“Such a lovely place with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capricci Siciliani - CLOSED

Capricci Siciliani
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
's-Gravenzande
“Such a lovely place with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was our second visit to this lovely restaurant, first time was so nice that during this trip we wanted to go back and again it was great. For us it was difficult to understand their menu with starters, first course, second course, meat and fish so we ordered the wrong dishes according to our very nice waiter. He looked like ' these foreigners don't understand a thing' but he only wanted the best for us so we appreciated his interference. Starter was a lemon, filled with shrimps, cheese and bread crumbs, put in the oven and that was such a nice start. We had pasta and then fish as main course and a wonderful dessert to finish our wonderful lunch. I'm sorry there are so many nice restaurants in Rome and we wanted to visit some of them so we had no time to return to this place. Hopefully during another visit.

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Rome, Italy
“delightful food, bad waiter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I recently took a couple of friends out for dinner and chose this restaurant for its location. This part of Rome's downtown area is less known to the tourists but incredibly charming; it preserves an authenticity that has been lost in other parts. Here you can still find old artisans at work, little shops that sell tin soldiers and old books. Capricci Siciliani has quite a few tables outside and if you are lucky you can enjoy your dinner al fresco. We ordered seafood, which is undoubtedly their speciality. My mussels al gratin were simply perfect and I tasted my friend's octopus salad, which was also delicious. The pasta dishes were very good too and had that typical Sicilian flavour which set them apart from mainstream Italian seafood cousine.
The same cannot be said for the waiter, who constantly gave us the impression of being reluctant, as if to say: "I am here but I should be somewhere else, doing more important things". When a bottle of (excellent) sparkling wine that he had clumsily opened showered our table and our feet, his only comment was "this wine always does this", and did not apologise.
Pity, because it was the only stain on an otherwise perfect dinner. I saved my tip.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ulysses64
Saugerties, New York
“Classic dining experience, Roma!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

We visited Capricci Siciliani on our son's recommendation-he happened upon it a couple of years ago during a visit to Rome. As it was not far from our hotel in Vaticano Prati district-a hop, skip and jump across tne Tiber, we decided to give it a try. An unusually rainy night led us inside instead of our usual preference of dining "al fuori" but the inside of the restaurant was warm, and had an elegant, almost old fashioned feel, classic yet unpretentious.

Our very pleasant waiter recommended wine- we chose a medium priced Sicilian red which perfectly complemented our food. My husband, a seafood lover, chose mussels and claPpms as a first course, while I chose a selection of Sicilian cheeses. Hearty helpings of each made it tough to continue eating successive courses, but we bravely forged onward. My husband was in Mediterrranean heaven with a plate of Sicilian seafood, including octopus, swordfish, sardines and shrimp, which he ranks among the best he's ever had. I chose fhe pasta mollica, with breadcrumbs, capers, olives and a touch of anchovy. As a side, I ordered caponata-and I wish I knew the secret of Italian eggplant-melt in your mouth sweetness!

So full, but dying to try a real Sicilian 'cassata'-we ordered one to share. Light, not overly sweet ricotta, light layer of sponge cake enrobed in a coat of almond paste, we could almost feel the sun of Sicily warming our souls.

We'll throw our coins in the Trevi Fountain to ensure a return trip to Roma, and another visit fo Capricci Siciliani.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank halfmoon613
Singapore
“Worst tourist frozen disgusting food trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

We were the only guest there with a table of other 2. I had a pasta ( not homemade and probably not even barilla or any mediocre pasta) with frozen seafood and a supposed to be sea bass which was just prosessed white cubes of something tasting like chicken with a fish texture. The tomato sauce was processed as well. My friend had a tuna steak- pre frozen-. Oh yes we tried the filled lemon as a starter: frozen microwave heated but still cold in the middle- super greasy and no taste at all. Mc Donald's would have definitely been a better choice then this embarrassing place they call sicilian cuisine!!

2 Thank ladinchen
Boston
“Best seafood in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

This has to be the best seafood in Rome. It has wonderful food and great service. On our last visit to Rome we ate here twice because it was so good we had to return.Our guide in Rome took us there because it is one of his favorite restaurants and I can see why. We tried a wide variety of dishes between the four of us and all of it was outstanding.We really loved the stuffed lemon with shrimp, cheese, and bread crumbs. The desserts are not to be missed too. If the food in Sicily is like this, I want to go!

• Visited November 2012