“Wonderful fish” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Rome, Italy
“Wonderful fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Excellent fish. Let Mario suggest you what to eat.
I brought my yung daugher (7) and she ordered "pasta in bianco". Mario managed to prepare it in such a jusy sauce that my daughter was enthusiastic

• Visited March 2012

London
“A surprise find that was well worth the visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This little restaurant is tucked away in Trastevere. The wine list is impressive and we tried a Sicilian white that was suggested to us, it was delicious The lemon ravioli were absolutely sublime. The waitress was extremely helpful and friendly and explained each dish to us carefully.
The bathrooms were impeccable, which is not always true in this area.
The only part of the meal that was not wonderful were the desserts. They just were not up to the same standard. The crema Catalana tasted very strongly of eggs and the warm chocolate cake was a little chewy.
It is quite pricey but overall well worth it.

• Visited November 2011
Florida
“Pricey and a Little Salty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My wife and I ate at A' Ciaramira on Monday, 14 Nov 2011. I had previously purchased a GroupOn for €34 which entitled me to a €122 meal for two that included two glasses of wine, a bottle of water, choice of pasta course, and all-you-can-eat fried seafood. I don’t think we would have chosen A' Ciaramira without the GroupOn discount as I can’t see where this meal could have possibly been worth €122.

We arrived at 8:30pm which was when we had made reservations. The restaurant has 2 rooms side by side and there were only 2-3 tables occupied at this hour. We were given our choice of tables (very nice). Service was prompt and polite. The staff spoke English well enough to augment what little Italian we knew. We ordered the pasta stuffed with baccalà and the spaghetti with a swordfish sauce with pine nuts and lime. The swordfish dish was outstanding!

The mixed fried seafood was served on a single platter atop a sheet of brown paper to absorb any excess oil (which was minimal). The mix contained calamari, shrimp (unpeeled), and pieces of white fish. Nothing else accompanied the dish. When I asked for lemon the server said “no” as it would make the seafood soggy. I enjoyed the dish, but my wife didn’t like the unpeeled shrimp and noted the greasiness, so stopped after a small plate. I finished the rest and when asked if I’d like more said yes, but without the shrimp. It was a little salty, but tasty – what I’d expect from fried mixed seafood. I’ve seen the same thing offered at festivals in Italy for €6 - €8 for a red-and-white-checkered cardboard container. We had maybe 2-3 “containers worth” served to us at A' Ciaramira.

It was a nice seafood meal, but nowhere near the €122 they were asking for it. I think there are better options in Trestevere.

• Visited November 2011