“Outstanding Gelato (150 Flavors!)”
Review of Della Palma

Della Palma
Ranked #133 of 865 Dessert in Rome
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Colonna
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Outstanding & creative gelato. Each of our children who typically order strachiatella, vanilla &/or chocolate were inspired to order completely different flavors. I suppose, depending upon the time of day & season, it can be a little overwhelming, but it was not difficult to manage. You do pay before ordering your gelato, however we benefitted from taking a few minutes to reflect on the many flavors & get some flavor feedback from others. They give tastes -- everything we tasted was delicious. Amazing gelato rich in flavor & choices.

1  Thank Elizabeth10024
Write a ReviewReviews (2,178)

Reviewed 3 September 2012

You won't find any other place with the selection that Della Palma has! Everything from Smarties to Peanut Butter - the options are endless and the gelato is delicious! Other places are rude with giving you samples, and at Della Palma, I didn't even have to ask! The nice guy overheard me asking my sister what one of the flavors was, and just handed me a sample!

Definitely make it to Della Palma if you want something a little more exciting than stracciatella!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Pros:
Amazing selection of flavours; it'd take you ages to see everything, and weeks to try every single flavour (100+, if memory serves me right)
Great taste, not bad prices.

Cons:
Bad service. They didn't seem to care I was there. It was more like "give me your money, get your ice-cream, and get out of my sight". I don't care how busy and/or tired they can be. This is plain inexcusable.

2  Thank Tasos K
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Variety might be shocking, but the atmosphere destroyed the whole thing. Staff was not helpful at all, I was standing for ca. 10 min. before the soy gelato section without any result when finally I was redirected to the cash-desk to pay first. Same bad experience at the cashier, zero eye contact. Going back to the gelato area had to wait further 10 min. to get my gelato, there was no attention who arrived when and I was simply not in the mood to squash...
Getting outside I felt more like having been to a factory than to a gelateria. What happened to the happy, friendly atmosphere?? Maybe a little less variety (who could even taste 150 types of gelato anyway...) and more attention to the people and service would be a better combination.

2  Thank salilona
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Fun place near Pantheon. Nice and clean. Beautiful display of over 150 gelato choices. It is kind of overwhelming! Very hard to choose, but fun.
First you pay cashier for the size and you choose cup or cone. Cup is a better deal and easier to eat . Smallest cup big enough to hold 2 scoops of gelato of your choice. Then you go to the counter, give them the ticket and you can try as many flavors as you want before you choose your favorites.
Fruit/berries flavors all very good. I had lemonchello, sour apple, wild strawberry, passion fruit, some wild berry mix – all delicious!
Over 30 choices of chocolate/ chocolate nut mix flavors. More heavier /sweeter flavors than berry/fruit group, but heaven for chocolate lovers!
Loved sesame, I guess, with honey! Tried pear/cheese-didn’t get it-not much flavor.
Loved this place!