“Avoid! There is better!”
Review of Albrecht

Albrecht
Reserve with
Albrecht is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10,115 of 12,960 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: German, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I are staying in the hotel just next door and had had a busy day of walking. So we thought we'd just have a quick lunch here before we returned to our room for a shower and to then continue sight seeing.

Let me be honest: save your money. Save your time.

There are so many more better places that to spend any time here is a waste of money and of experiences.

The food was greatly below average. I had the saltimbocca and was more than a little disappointed. My partner just had some 'grilled chips', which was basically potatoes. That was fine, except that not all of them were cooked ( so some were still solid hard ). After our meal, we then had to wait 5mins until the waitress would come and take our money. Let me point out that we were 2 of 3 people inside the venue, and there were 5 people eating outside. Not exactly flat out, but she told is to wait, so that she could take dirty dishes out the back. Honestly, if you don't have the staff, perhaps some priorities. Serve staff first, then take the plates the rest of the way.

And, in the end, they added a 3 EUR service fee, at least I think it was. There was no signage saying so, and we received nothing to indicate this. I only found out when I questioned the change she returned us. I was not about to tip them for such terrible service and food. The second highest service fee we've paid in Rome so far. Was not impressed.

2  Thank AaronGC

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We came here after our original choice hostella Roma .. Or something like that.. Was closed. The fixed menu - 15 euro for spaghetti, chicken and fruit desert seemed reasonable.. So we got a table. We asked if we could replace the fruit dessert for tiamisu for an extra 2 dollars - fruit desert was priced at 5, and tiramisu at 7.. And our server agreed. We confirmed this arrangement about three different times.. At the end, he tried to force both the fruit desert and tiramisu on us.. When we tried to explain the deal.. They got really loud and rude.. The server got another guy - a big guy, and tried to scare us.. Not cool. Then, they charged us a 3 dollar service fee.. We've been in Rome for 3 days and this is the first place the service fee was hidden and forced.

In short, I would not recommend this place to anyone. Save your money and time!!

2  Thank Golvetrotter
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This Restaurend not the best in Rome , but very good and cheap , the pizza is fine and big , but the pasta is small. The house is wine god :)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten here a few times and find it quite reasonable. The price / quality ratio is excellent. Lots of Rome bars and restaurants in this area are unrealistically overpriced due to location. Birreria Albrecht is perfect for a nice lunch. The draught beer is ice cold at 5euro for 0.4. Service is friendly and reasonably efficient. The touris or special menu at 15 euro is excellent value for money and I couldn't complain about anything. I would recommend this place as a great lunch or early evening stopover as opposed to a culinary experience

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Found this restaurant after previously looking for Hostaria Romana which was closed. This one was the only restaurant open in the area on a sunday evening and we were served by a gentleman with a really good english. The food was good and I was amazed by how good the Lasagna was, however the pizza was a bit too oily for my taste. Prices are average to high.