“Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Peter T
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Well I am not sure what was best, the fantastic apartment or the lovely owner Ortensia.

Ortensia could not have been more kind, and helpful, from all the provisions she left for us, meeting when we arrived and departed, ordering us taxis, giving us advice and assistance with restaurants, etc. - thank you so much, you really helped make our stay special.

As for the apartment I can only concur with previous reviewers - it is fantastic. The whole apartment is furnished and decorated with great style, and has everything you could need. However my favourite place was the main rooftop terraces (although the other 2 terraces are nice as well !) it is huge. It is perfect for drinks in the evening and great for breakfast, and the views are stunning

I was a little unsure about having a maid come in every morning, but I was wrong. The maid, Mercy, was great. If we were still hanging about when she came in at 10:30 she worked around us, you wouldn't even know she was there - well apart from the fact that all the mess/washing up from the night before magically disappeared, the towels and the beds were made and the apartment always looked immaculate !

The apartment is in a great position, right in the centre of the city, but also relatively quiet - a great base to explore from. There is a nice little deli, plus a couple of bars and restaurants less than 50 yards from the apartment and there is also a Carrefour Express a short walk away.

If you are catering for yourself I would recommend visiting the market at Campo De Fiori which I think is open every morning apart from Sunday. As well as the lovely market selling mainly fruit, vegetables and flowers, there are lots of great shops around the square including a butchers, cheese shop and some great delis.

So in summary this is the best apartment I have stayed in, and hope I get to return some day.

Ryan L
“What a place!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

To say Ortensia was accommodating would be an egregious understatement. When we arrived, she greeted us personally followed by a thorough tour of her amazing home. She even had the fridge stocked with beer, wine and soda for us to enjoy. Our initial interaction concluded with her directing us to a local market (FYI - only open on Saturday & Sunday) that was right around the corner from the property which had an amazing selection of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and fish. She then informed us that a maid would be provided for us daily at the time of our choosing. Her kindness and service is equivalent to a Four Seasons type of experience.

However, that was only the start. I spoke with Ortensia daily as she had a variety of top notch recommendations. Even directing me to a local leather shop where I could purchase my mom a set of gloves as a souvenir. Her restaurant recommendations never missed and always made sure to know she was available for any/all requests.

The only thing that exceeded my expectations beyond Ortensia’s hospitality was her home itself. This property is truly a special place. To overlook the Roman Forum (which was basically the epicenter of the world at one point in history) from a private terrace is a feeling few get to experience. My two guests and I slept extremely well as the bedrooms were extremely quiet with comfortable beds. The indoor/outdoor living space was amazing to drink the espresso in the morning. Overall, I can’t recommend this property enough to anyone visiting Rome. You can even get a peak of the Colosseum from the terrace. What a place!

Your age range 25-34
Fabienne...
Switzerland
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 20 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This apartment was by far the best roman rental we experienced.
After a very friendly welcome by the owner we enjoyed every aspect of this place:
- great location
- Unique view from the living area and from the big terrace
- well equipped kitchen
- comfortable beds in all bedrooms
- daily maid service and towel change
- Netflix, airconditionning, quiet environment
.....
Thank you Ortensia ! See you next year !

5 Aug 2017
Fabienne, thanks very much for your wonderful review.
I am very pleased that your experience in Rome in my apartment and with me was so good and it is so nice to read that you have enjoyed your stay!!!
I wait to meet you again the next year!!
France W
Hobart
“Fabulous place to stay in Rome”
Reviewed 19 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This is the best holiday apartment we have ever stayed in. The apartment is absolutely beautiful and even better than the photos. The position is just incredible and the view from the terrace over the Roman Forum is just amazing. Ortensia, our host was better than any concierge. She sent me information about Rome, including activities and restaurants in Rome. Her recommendations were excellent. Ortensia also organised our transport from the airport and booked taxis for us when needed. She is a really lovely lady and I feel she is a friend that I would love to see again.

26 Jul 2017
Thanks France for your beautiful review! I am very glad that your stay in my house for you has been memorable. All my guests for me are like friends. And it is very important that they feel like at home. You will be always welcome in my house.
_dcdjr3
Oakville, California
“Superb!”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

A terrific place that exceeded our high expectations! Wonderfully appointed, all amenities and an owner who provides service with grace and intelligence. The terrace is a world class view. The neighborhood is quiet and safe and we appreciated being able to retreat form the jumble and tourists of Rome. Hard to talk about "good value" at this price, but it's true. if you appreciate how unusual it is to achieve this level of quality in urban Italy, you will love staying here.

Your age range 50-64
27 Jul 2017
David, thanks for your nice review. It was a pleasure for me to welcome Lauren, you and your beautiful children. And thank you for having treated my house with great respect. Come back soon, you will always be welcome to my home !
brian081
Barton-under-Needwood, United Kingdom
“superb!”
Reviewed 2 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

There is not a lot more I can say that has not been said before. The apartment is Fantastic. Its setting is second to none and the quality of the accommodation is superb. The design of the apartment has been carefully constructed to make use of the large space, the fittings are all luxury, no expense has been spared. Ortensia is an excellent host, arranging taxis, recommending restaurants and generally making sure we are all happy. Better than any hotel! Thanks Ortensia, it was a pleasure meeting you! Brian

26 Jul 2017
Brian, thanks for your great review! I am glad that your stay in my home was perfect and I was happy to assist you to make your holiday a wonderful memory. You are always the welcom in my house !
sfnewyork
new york
“Best possible location in the heart of Rome”
Reviewed 24 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

You will not find a better view in all of Rome than what you get from the terrace of this beautiful, comfortable apartment, kept in pristine condition. Unlike staying at a hotel, here you can be home but still outside in the midst of the amazing city. Highly recommended.

27 Apr 2017
Michael thanks for your beautiful review. I am pleased that your stay in my house is for you a very special memory. And thank because you have treated with great respect my home. You are always welcome in my house.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing