“Elegant, well appointed, classic home overlooking...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 35 reviews

Reviews from our community

Experienc...
“Elegant, well appointed, classic home overlooking the Ancient City.”
Reviewed 5 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This is a gorgeous, impeccably maintained, classic home with every appointment in an excellent walking location with spectacular views of the Ancient City. Peaceful neighborhood walking distance to many attractions. This home was ideal for three adult couples to have their own bedroom suites, and many elegant common areas. I would stay here again, and highly recommend this home and hostess for a Roman holiday!

Date of stay: January 2018
alawyer1
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing apartment and host”
Reviewed 3 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Book this apartment if you want to enjoy the most wonderful apartment and the most gracious host in Rome. From the incredible communication before and during our stay (even ordering pizza for us one night), to the welcome treats (stocking the fridge and providing snacks) and hotel like amenities (slippers, thick robes, L’Occitane bath products, daily housekeeping, etc.), to booking reservations and taxis for us, Ortensia is a fabulous host. The apartment is as depicted or better. The view is breathtaking. We were there for NYE and saw fireworks from all directions. The location is central (everything you need is just minutes away, and even the walk from St Peter’s in Xmas day only took 30 leisurely minutes), yet quiet for a good night’s rest. Stop looking and book this apartment. You won’t regret it.

Date of stay: December 2017
PeteTurne...
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Well I am not sure what was best, the fantastic apartment or the lovely owner Ortensia.

Ortensia could not have been more kind, and helpful, from all the provisions she left for us, meeting when we arrived and departed, ordering us taxis, giving us advice and assistance with restaurants, etc. - thank you so much, you really helped make our stay special.

As for the apartment I can only concur with previous reviewers - it is fantastic. The whole apartment is furnished and decorated with great style, and has everything you could need. However my favourite place was the main rooftop terraces (although the other 2 terraces are nice as well !) it is huge. It is perfect for drinks in the evening and great for breakfast, and the views are stunning

I was a little unsure about having a maid come in every morning, but I was wrong. The maid, Mercy, was great. If we were still hanging about when she came in at 10:30 she worked around us, you wouldn't even know she was there - well apart from the fact that all the mess/washing up from the night before magically disappeared, the towels and the beds were made and the apartment always looked immaculate !

The apartment is in a great position, right in the centre of the city, but also relatively quiet - a great base to explore from. There is a nice little deli, plus a couple of bars and restaurants less than 50 yards from the apartment and there is also a Carrefour Express a short walk away.

If you are catering for yourself I would recommend visiting the market at Campo De Fiori which I think is open every morning apart from Sunday. As well as the lovely market selling mainly fruit, vegetables and flowers, there are lots of great shops around the square including a butchers, cheese shop and some great delis.

So in summary this is the best apartment I have stayed in, and hope I get to return some day.

Date of stay: October 2017
ryanl208
“What a place!!!”
Reviewed 11 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

To say Ortensia was accommodating would be an egregious understatement. When we arrived, she greeted us personally followed by a thorough tour of her amazing home. She even had the fridge stocked with beer, wine and soda for us to enjoy. Our initial interaction concluded with her directing us to a local market (FYI - only open on Saturday & Sunday) that was right around the corner from the property which had an amazing selection of fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and fish. She then informed us that a maid would be provided for us daily at the time of our choosing. Her kindness and service is equivalent to a Four Seasons type of experience.

However, that was only the start. I spoke with Ortensia daily as she had a variety of top notch recommendations. Even directing me to a local leather shop where I could purchase my mom a set of gloves as a souvenir. Her restaurant recommendations never missed and always made sure to know she was available for any/all requests.

The only thing that exceeded my expectations beyond Ortensia’s hospitality was her home itself. This property is truly a special place. To overlook the Roman Forum (which was basically the epicenter of the world at one point in history) from a private terrace is a feeling few get to experience. My two guests and I slept extremely well as the bedrooms were extremely quiet with comfortable beds. The indoor/outdoor living space was amazing to drink the espresso in the morning. Overall, I can’t recommend this property enough to anyone visiting Rome. You can even get a peak of the Colosseum from the terrace. What a place!

Date of stay: October 2017
Your age range 25-34
Fabienne...
Switzerland
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed 20 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This apartment was by far the best roman rental we experienced.
After a very friendly welcome by the owner we enjoyed every aspect of this place:
- great location
- Unique view from the living area and from the big terrace
- well equipped kitchen
- comfortable beds in all bedrooms
- daily maid service and towel change
- Netflix, airconditionning, quiet environment
.....
Thank you Ortensia ! See you next year !

Date of stay: July 2017
5 Aug 2017
Fabienne, thanks very much for your wonderful review.
I am very pleased that your experience in Rome in my apartment and with me was so good and it is so nice to read that you have enjoyed your stay!!!
I wait to meet you again the next year!!
710france...
Hobart
“Fabulous place to stay in Rome”
Reviewed 19 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This is the best holiday apartment we have ever stayed in. The apartment is absolutely beautiful and even better than the photos. The position is just incredible and the view from the terrace over the Roman Forum is just amazing. Ortensia, our host was better than any concierge. She sent me information about Rome, including activities and restaurants in Rome. Her recommendations were excellent. Ortensia also organised our transport from the airport and booked taxis for us when needed. She is a really lovely lady and I feel she is a friend that I would love to see again.

Date of stay: July 2017
26 Jul 2017
Thanks France for your beautiful review! I am very glad that your stay in my house for you has been memorable. All my guests for me are like friends. And it is very important that they feel like at home. You will be always welcome in my house.
_dcdjr3
Oakville, California
“Superb!”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

A terrific place that exceeded our high expectations! Wonderfully appointed, all amenities and an owner who provides service with grace and intelligence. The terrace is a world class view. The neighborhood is quiet and safe and we appreciated being able to retreat form the jumble and tourists of Rome. Hard to talk about "good value" at this price, but it's true. if you appreciate how unusual it is to achieve this level of quality in urban Italy, you will love staying here.

Date of stay: June 2017
Your age range 50-64
27 Jul 2017
David, thanks for your nice review. It was a pleasure for me to welcome Lauren, you and your beautiful children. And thank you for having treated my house with great respect. Come back soon, you will always be welcome to my home !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.