“Stay away from names Viennesse Due/ Evergreen Roma/ Hotel Viennese around Rome Termini”

Evergreen Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2,727 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Read previous revview of iami21 on 15 May 2012. Every single word of that review is true.

Booked, arrived at 1130 room was not ready (hotel claims on website guest can check in from 9 AM onwards). After 1 hour wait instead of Viennese Due I was taken to another building 50-70 meters away which is actually Hotel Evergreen Roma (but manager kept insisting it is part of vienesse due). Immediately at check in manager demanded full payment and I was given receipt of "Evergreen" and not Viennese due. It was an apartment which they have converted into 3 rooms divided by plasterboards. The moment adjacent rooms were occupied I could hear every single sound even people using toilets and normal chat (hotel claims rooms are sound proof). Could not get much sleep on first night as neighbours came around midnight and were up chatting at 6 AM. There is no reception around and for everything you have to connect a phone call to main Viennese Due. No facilty for tea/cooffe/biscuits (hotel claims its available on demand till late night but manager confessed its only available till midday). We did not even get it as there is no hotel staff around at this isolated place. When I complained next morning at 730 to receptionist "Anna" she sounded "rude" and instead of finding a solution asked me to wait till manager arrives. The manger actually was in Hotel Vienesse (their third hotel)Manager "Tiberro" tried to again convince me that Vienesse due and Evergreen Roma is same. Interestingly at Evergreen Roma quad room comes at 90 Euros while I was charged 130 euros per night for vienesse due. When I demanded that my money be refunded and I will move to another hotel, I was given the excuse that I have paid with card and card payments can not be refunded. When I claimed for difference of 40 euros between different rooms, I was told that hotel pays 20% commission to booking websites like booking.com, easytobook.com

Their breakfast is 1 croissant and 1 coffee in a bar further away from hotel. Hygiene levels at this breakfast is apalling. The glasses in which my wife and children were served tea and juice were smelling
In a nutshell these 3 hotels will put guests where ever they want according to their convenience. They are mis representing/mis selling rooms on hotel booking websites by providing hefty commissions and there is nothing a customer on holiday can do. just keep away from them.....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hasan P

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We've book Viennese Due B&B through the internet but they offer us the room in Evergreen, it is better actually, the building is more decent. We stay there with my friends and their baby for 5 nights ( 4 actually, we spend overnight in Venice). I just have to pay less than 150 euro for myself , the room is small indeed but they provide all thing, they have computer with internet, wifi in ROOM for FREE, fridge, and it was very clean. bathroom is Ok too. My suggestion is if 3 traveller, better book a 4 person room then u can have extra bed to place your luggage as the room really small. the there is 1 double bed and 1 double deck bed indeed, so if you have more than 4 person, just split into 2 rooms. But if you do not have big luggage, it is fine, and it cna be cheaper.

The wall between the room is thin so u probably can hear the noise but ti was OK for us, we still can fall asleep and never woke up by the noise even the baby.

The hotel staff are really nice, we ask for kettle to prepare milk for baby and they did give it to us.

This is just a budget hotel, so do not expect sth luxury. but it is enough if u just wanna stay on a place which is close to Termini, clean, with fridge , TV and with FREE WIFI in room.

Room Tip: Some double room is just a double deck bed, it is cheaper, just ask clearly before you book is fine...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne328
Reviewed 23 April 2012

They changed the hotel without fuerther notification. So they accomodate us in Hotel Vienessa... Same street, closer to Termini. But it was more than strange. It happened at 1 am, so I decided to accept it.
There is no entry to Evergreen late in the evening. There is a ring at the door, but no staff is there. The shame is that I called them before but they did not mention this small thing...

Room Tip: Ask to avoid bunk bed (no notification...)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dublor
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Great location - right near the termini and walking distance to most sights in the center. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable. I stayed here for 4 days when I moved to Rome while I was looking for an apartment and the really have nothing bad to say about it :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CdnTravelr13
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very good postion near de central station Termini and the staff is very friendly. The cofee is very good and tasteful. The room clening is very good too.My familylike a lot.
There are a supermarket very close and trains for alll location too.
Thera are a cd and noteboon in the room and many movies

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank santos m
Reviewed 2 July 2010

This is by far the worst hotel we ever stayed in. The problems began before we even checked-in - it took us forever to find this place, even though i had printed directions and phone numbers. After running up and down the stairs of 5-6 buildings, we finally found the place. The door turned out to be closed with a note saying to go to another building to pick up the key. The neighborhood was sketchy, so our family had to be dragged together everywhere. After we got the key, we had to go back to that closed door - thats where this "hotel" actually was.
Room was ok, quite small, but acceptable. There was noone at the reception though, they had "opening hours" from i think 8 am to 10:30am. So if you needed smth, you had to wait until then. Those women didn't speak any English.
Breakfast wasn't good, in the basement of a dirty local bar, where they asked us 10 times for our names to make sure we're entitled for a croissant with coffee.
Neighborhoods are never safe in the central station areas and this one is no exception. Do not walk alone in late evening, unless you're with 2-3 men in the group.
Finally, when we were leaving at 4am, we tried to wake up those thai receptionists who were sleeping on the floor behind the reception desk. They just said smth in their language, turned around and continued sleeping!!!
Overall a terrible experience! Avoid this place, there are much much nicer places in Rome for the same value.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank alinochka20
fabry109, Proprietario at Evergreen Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Sorry for your misfortunes, but many customers think the opposite.
thanks anyway.

Fabrizio Petruccioli

Reviewed 20 May 2010

This is my second trip to Rome with my wife, i found this B&B perfect , big rooms , private bathroom, air condition, big LCD TV, and a pc in our room . Staff was very helpful, the room was clean and the good position near Termini central station was perfect for visiting the monuments walking or taking the bus. I saw other hotels ( 2-3 star hotels) who didn't had the conditions we had in this wonderfull B&B. i hope to come back next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Here's the proof I was looking for, we are pleased he is returned to us.
Thanks for the positive comment gives us strength to improve.

Ciao