“Fantastic location and incredible service/help”

B&B Bibi e Romeo's Home
Ranked #238 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic location and incredible service/help”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family of 5 spent our Christmas at Romeo and Bibi's. It could not have been a better experience. Romeo was waiting for us- late afternoon on a rainy Friday, with a stunning Bibi cake that we devoured. He spent a lot of time making our itinerary for our visit. All of Romeo's recommendations on food and tips were excellent. He even got us into the Necropolis on very short notice!!!! Thank you so much for the help Romeo, and for the extra space as well. We will always remember our stay with you. I am going to beg for the recipe for Bibi's biscotti. The best!! Would have liked to meet her as well. We ache for the December sunshine in Rome- it's grey and miserable in Chicago

Room Tip: The rooms all seemed very nice and very quiet and dark. We slept too much. I liked my kid's r...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 83julietc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights with my mum in Dec 2013, and loved our experience there. Good location near the Vatican + metro. Romeo is super helpful and provides complete tourist information about Rome. His wife prepared different cakes every morning for breakfast, which was another plus ;-) The room was big and comfortable. Would definitely recommend it and go back in the future!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PatriciaReviews2014
Seville, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

the b&b is a perfect choice for a trip in Rome. the decoration is amazing,loved so much the idea of poetry in every room! very romantic!the rooms are very clean and in a good shape. the place is close to vatican and to the metro station,so everything is reachable. i liked a lot that we could use the kitchen and we could feel like home any time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarmenNav
Riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at Bibi e Romeo's Home 2 years ago and there was absolutely no question for me this time when it came to picking a place to stay in Rome. Sadly though, this time I didn't have a chance to book early enough, and October is a very popular month for travellers to Rome, so Romeo did not have a room available for me. HOWEVER (check this out), he helped me find another family running a small B&B in the same house, which, considering such short notice, was a miracle.

Of course I wanted to say hello, even though I wasn't staying at B&B. Seeing Romeo felt like seeing some relative or friend after a long time. His vitality, kindness, sense of humour and eagerness to help all make him not just an absolute professional in this business of hospitality - it makes him a wonderful person one feels lucky to have met in life.

So, needless to say that the famous map sheet was taken out, and within 5 minutes the routes for my 2 days of stay were drawn, including the tips on the sights that I missed on my first trip and best ways to get to them, on best places to eat, on best places to getsome local produce from etc etc etc. I was also invited to come by and have a breakfast next day, with famous Bibi's cakes.

Romeo, people like yourself make travelling to Rome something beyond just seeing incredible sights of the eternal city; you make it a truly unforgettable, personal experience.
Arrivederci!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank cuorerusso
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at Bibi and Romeos for 4 nights this was our first time in Rome and it couldn't have been better. Romeo was extremely helpful with local information which saved us lots of time and money. The B and B is close to the metro and also Vatican city. Romeo got us tickets for the Popes audience in St Peters Square which was amazing. The market opposite was great. The place was clean and we were supplied with tea, coffee, chocolate cake and bottled water as well as use of the kitchen. I would recommend this place to all and we will certainly return in the future.
Sarah and Henry

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allseamonkeys
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at Bibi e Romeo's at the beginning of our vacation in Italy. Romeo met me when I arrived and took me for a tour around the block to show me the neighbourhood and recommended places to go. He took the time to ensure I was comfortable. There was a fresh cake for the guests on my arrival and breakfast foods in the fridge. We also left our luggage there on our last day so we could explore the city before taking the train to Venice. I highly recommend. The room was clean. The service, second to none. Location was also a plus - right by Vatican City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

There is absolutely no way to fault this accomodation. The owners are incredible. Not only does Bibi & Romeo's make hyou feel like you are at home, they make you feel that you are with family.
Romeo welcomes you like an old friend. He takes the time to offer advice hon how best to enjoy your stay in Rome and recomends the best genuine Italian restaurants (we tried all his recomendations and they were all excellent).
The location is perfect, across the road is a busy market, definately do yourself a favour and buy a bag full of fresh produce, tomatoes, basil, wood oven bread, proscuitto, sausages, buffalo mozzarella and make yorself a real italian feast for lunch. You wont regret it. Then it is a short walk to the Vatican and the metro to get you anywhere you like.
And the cherry on this cake (literally) is Bibi's freshly baked cakes, hand delivered by Romeo each night. They are meant to be for breakfast but even better as a midnight snack after a late night out ;) seriously Bibi should open her own bakery they are that good.
I have stayed here twice now and I have no doubt when I return to Rome I will stay here again and again.
Thank you Bibi & Romeo!