“NICE ROOM BAD LOCATION”

Ranked #2,556 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
montreal
“NICE ROOM BAD LOCATION”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Nice staff, nice looking room but location is not easy to get to. It is not even on the tourism map.
The bus that runs to this hotel is ALWAYS overly packed, couldn't even get on! Really a difficult location to get to. Found one big roach on the wall upon our departure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rockobello
sanlorenzo007, Proprietario at San Lorenzo Guest House, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you about "Nice staff, nice looking room" but I would like to make some clarifications: we are not far from the central station and so absolutely on the tourist map!!!
Public transport with the most important sites are great.
Usually no animals allowed and we did not notice about your big roach in your suitcase and we did not charge nothing for it.... but next time, please, leave it at home!!!
Regards
Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 19 April 2012

At first glance San Lorenzo Guest House is a little dingy; however, the staff is just wonderful I have bad hips and the bed are a little hard; they went out of their way to find me a foamy to put on top of my bed. Always had coffee and pastries for the morning as well as yogert. Tommaso booked all of my tours for me; and if I needed something he went out of his way to get it for me.

This is not A five star hotel it is a small homey B&B witch is a Five star. it is also in a good location bus stop just down the way only take 10 min to get into the heart of Rome. If you like quiet you will like this B&B.

loved it so much came back five days later.. shelley

Room Tip: rooms are mostly the same roomy and very clean.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This is a great place to stay if you are thinking about visiting Rome. The rooms are great, with all amenities and very clean. The staff is courteous and friendly, always available to help you with anything. Easy access to transportation to visit the nearby areas and downtown. Quality and price are the greatest combination. There are many hotels in Rome, but i may say with confidence that staying at the San Lorenzo gives an idea of the warmth of Italian living style. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Will definitely stay at the San Lorenzo when I return to Italy next summer.....:-)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Well placed, good value for money and the hotel manager and staff were just perfect and helpful. Strongly suggested. It is situated in one of the University areas of Rome so there's plenty of bars and restaurants. 10 minutes bus/tram from all the main attractions of Rome and only 10 minutes walk from Rome Termini Station. Strongly suggested!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ettre
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I booked this at the last minute for a few days in Rome before our flight home. We were working on a pretty tight budget and this seems like a good balance of quality and value. It turns out the accommodations were amazing. The neighborhood looks a little sketchy with graffiti on the walls, but keep in mind this is near a university. We ended up staying in two rooms over three nights: both were freshly painted and extremely clean with air-conditioning, television, and a low priced mini-bar. The staff at the fornt desk were helpful in suggesting out the way places to eat and sites to visit. They even arranged an early morning taxi to the airport at a very reasonable price. The only downside is that the rooms can be small, so it is ideally suited for one person or couples traveling together. I wouldn't recommend it for families unless you book multiple rooms. The breakfast is pretty basis but fresh and a perfect start to the day: coffee, tea, pastries and yogurt. It was just enough to hold us over until a late lunch. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rpmurph
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2009

This is my first time visting Roma, so when I was finding the way to San Lorenzo I found a bit too far away from the Termini. I had stayed there for 4 days. After 2 days, I found out there was a bus stop nearby (2 minutes walk, right at the back of the guest house I think). Several buses I found useful for me to travel in Roma. So I would say, if you can find that bus stop, the location of San Lorenzo is not bad.

Environment outside the guest house is good. There would be a gathering at night at the square nearby. I felt a bit scary at the frist night I passed by the square. But finally I found out young people gathered there were friendly and probably students in the Uni. Some bars are around the square. It is a good place for a few beers.

The room is small, but has all essentials. It`s clean and seems newly furbished. No formal place for breadfast. You may need to bring the breadfast into your room. Breadfast is self-served. Receptionist is very helpful, although she couldn`t speak well English but still keen giving us all the information.

All in all, this guest house is good. I will stay again for me next visit.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kuroshino
wales
Reviewed 17 May 2009

After a trek from termini station through graffiti covered streets and having endured the stale stench of urine on the street corners, we finally arrived at san lorenzo guest house.
The San Lorenzo guest house is clean,comfortable and modern, and somehow seemed out of place in this neighbourhood. I felt safe once inside the hotel doors!
The staff are very friendly, helpful and very approachable.
The neighbourhood is quite intimidating at night, and during the walk back to the hotel, we noticed a couple of used ?heroin syringes on the pavement!
If we were to recommend this hotel to fellow travellers, we would suggest it as a suitable hotel for young backpackers on a budget. However, purely due to the location of the hotel we would not return there.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple