Tour Rome and you will notice that the arch is a foundational tenant of the Roman architectural style. The Arches takes it name from the many hallway and window archways in this legal second floor B&B three flat apartment. The windows look out on a fantastic courtyard or a neighborhood gelato depending on your view. I had a chance to see every room as I was the first person to arrive that day, each room is very spacious, clean and comfortable. Each room has it's own bathroom with bath/ shower or both, my room the blue one even had a bidet! The green and blue rooms have private enclosed terraces that could be hangouts or room for extra guests in warmer times. Overall I had a pleasant stay at the Arches considering it home for three days .
The best aspects of the arches are:
1. The location is convenient, quite and has it's own local flavor. From Termini, Ottaviano is a 15 minute ride on the A metro line. It is an easy transfer from the FCO train with luggage as there are elevators and ramps. On arriving you will find within a four block radius, an organic grocery store, wine bar(wine + buffet for 8 EU!), bank, pharmacy, theater, restaurants, cafes and a few artisan clothing stores. There is also a 24 hour pastry shop Dolce Maniera that is out of this world I wound up stopping there every time I walked by (note the text book Italian dialogue for ordering pastry).
2. The flat felt like home with a kitchen ready for pasta , sofa and computer w/printer. There were 3 different locked entrances to get to my room so I always had a feeling of safety. In addition during the day there was a porter.
3. The proprietor Paolo was very accommodating. Without asking he showed me the two things I needed to know most, where to find more espresso pods and towels. He spoke perfect English and was extremely knowledgeable of the different areas of Rome. He was also available during the day via TXT message and phone. He got back to me when I had questions.
I have stayed in similar style B&Bs in Europe and in Asia and usually they are run down and smelly. This was surprisingly nice and cheery for my needs. Paolo also told me that sometimes he rents the rooms to families so this might be an option for future visits. A few things to keep in mind, there is no front desk, while they did provide juice, espresso, coffee, tea , yogurt and different packaged roles, I supplemented my breakfast everyday with fresh pastry on my way to the metro. Ciao and have fun in Rome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
B&B in the center of Rome, a short walk from the Vatican Museums
Arches B&B features the largest and most comfortable rooms among most of the bed and breakfast in Rome!
Located in the suggestive Prati quarter, less than 10 minutes walking from the appealing Vatican Museums and the St.Peter Basilica. It is managed by Fabio, Massimo and Paolo.
>. A Bed and Breakfast in Rome with a Great location for any occasion The house is the ideal accommodation for those willing to study, to work, visit Rome and feel at home even away from their country. The B&B is served by all the public transport: bus stops are just at the corner; metro stations are just a 5 minute walk, (Ottaviano - San Pietro, line A). All the most important city attractions are at walking distance or extremely easy to get to. In Arches B&B you'll find comfort, functionality and a rich italian breakfast. Large comfortable bedrooms with private internal bathroom and veranda, air conditioning, 32" lcd television, free wi-fi connection, a fully-equipped kitchen and public living room with an internet point available throughout the day. Our merits: receptive, comfortable, central! We started up this bed and breakfast exhorted by our passion for hospitality and love for Rome - our beautiful city. Here our idea become a reality: strategic location combined with our best service! The same ingredients of our new Arches Inn With the same idea we also manage Arches Inn, our new bed and breakfast 2 minutes walking from Cipro-Musei-Vaticani station (Metro Line A)... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. and Odigeo so you can book your Arches B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.