“Poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Trevi
Zurich, Switzerland
“Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

When I was planning my trip to Rome I read in so many places that Il Gelato di San Crispino had the best ice cream in Rome that I had to try. And I got a bit disappointed. Maybe because I was expecting too much. The ice cream was not bad. Not at all. But was also not the best one I’ve tried in Rome. It was however the most expensive. The service was terrible! The cashier was nice though.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Gelato e molto buono, ma....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We loved the gelato and showed it by retuning a few times. I could understand why they cover the tins even though some people need to see it and not rely on description. The server with no expression reminds me of the Soup Nazi from the Seinfeld tv show(for all you Americans). All in all worth the experience for taste and wierd service. Rip off prices and portions!

Portland, OR
“Best ice cream I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really small portions but still so worth it- we came back twice in one day. The caramel, ginger cinnamon, pistachio and rum cocoa were out of this world. The regular chocolate was only okay, the vanilla bourbon was really good. Comes in cup only, no cones.

• Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic gelato !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is without doubt the best Gelato I have ever tasted. I first tried their gelato two years ago when I was in Rome with my family during a hot July. Every flavour we tasted was superb.And one thing we noticed is that ,we were not thirsty after the gelato unlike a lot of the other gelateria's we tried, so you can take it that it is not made from synthetic ingredients. As for the price, you pay for what you get, a unique bespoke product. when I read the bad reports about the price of the gelato I was reminded what Oscar Wilde said "A cynic is somebody who knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Ok, now this is the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

You can have gelato on almost any corner in Rome but you don' t know true gelato until you try this one. This is the only place that covers the containers of gelato to keep it fresh, so you can't see it. Everyone else works off visual. It is a must try.

Visited April 2014