“Excellent Restaurant”

Trattoria Coriolano
Reserve with
Trattoria Coriolano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 13,224 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$43 - US$86
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant opened in 1935 as a typical Roman general store licensed to sell and also to supply food and drink; tables were available for clients to eat their meals made with products either bought in store or brought from home. Housed in a period building of King Umberto I (1885), a few steps from the Roman gate at Porta Pia, today TRATTORIA CORIOLANO continues to be the favourite meeting place for lovers of both tradition and good food. A welcoming atmosphere, a warm and homely environment, a scent of wood which colours the walls chestnut brown; wood panelling, pictures and various memorabilia, a blend of tastes past and present.Seasonal products, homemade delicacies. Roman traditions are followed and contemporary dishes are offered together with the best specialities of Roman cooking.TRATTORIA CORIOLANO, an historic place abreast of the times, that remembers its origins.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I went here for my 60th Birthday and I booked it beforehand with no problem by email.

It's got a great ambience and we were very well looked after from the moment we arrived by the very efficient and friendly hostess and her staff.

We had a combined fish starter, which was fantastic. For the main course, my wife said it was the best pasta has ever eaten.

To complete the evening my sweet came with a candle in it and there was also a present for me too!

You will not be disappointed if you visit here.

1  Thank David H

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We've just finished our dinner, where there with 6 persons, everyone ordered different starter and main course - and everyone enjoyed the meal. Only fresh food, natural methods of cooking (presumed) and HUGE plates, but very huge! They definitely don't need extra advertising (having Tripadvisor sticker at the entrance and "excellence" sign next to it). Still, I had to add my "grazie molto" to the Chief being so attentive to our group. Quiet street and cozy environment are both worth to mention. Menu was in two languages, Italian and English (not every person is keen on English so be ready to explain/repeat your choice, just in case). Staff is friendly and nice, family atmosphere indeed. Definitely worth the money one spends.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We decided to go for lunch for my partner's 50th birthday. We find we can't eat that much in the evening and thought if we stuff ourselves at lunch we wouldn't regret it as much as if we were doing the same at dinner!

It was the right decision. We shared spaghetti carbonara and spaghetti with calamari and boutargue (mullet roe). The carbonara was made with guanciale, cheese and egg yolks - the correct Roman recipe. The addition of cream seems only to be done in foreign Italian restaurants. The sauce was creamy and the dish remained moist until the end - a good test for carbonara. If it dries out before you finish, it is a dud. This carbonara was really perfect.
The other spaghetti was a little more salty (not surprising with the boutargue) but was also very tasty.

For mains we shared roast beef with fresh porcini mushrooms and tuna with a caper sauce. Both were excellent.

The service was friendly and helpful and the owner presented my partner with a birthday gift - a lovely gesture.
As much as we would have loved to try dessert we both had had enough and waddled out of this trattoria after an excellent meal.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

What a find! This family run restaurant is a little gem. Slightly outside the centre of Rome, 10 min walk from the Repubblica Metro Station. The service was the best we have ever received. They have a very good menu and will adjust anything to your taste. If you fancy some extra on your plate they are more that pleased to accommodate it. The food was great with fresh bread and pasta made in their kitchen. The décor in the restaurant is very classic and the ambience first class. catch the metro to the Repubblica, walk for 10 mins and you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stumbled into this restaurant randomly on my first day in Rome. I was very happily surprised by the quality of the meal and service. We came in around 2:30PM and they were more than happy to seat us, we were one of three occupied tables at the restaurant.

We had a delicious bottle of fresh white wine, the best antipasto dish of my life, and two great pasta dishes - carbonara and black truffle. The pasta is home made and the sauces are fantastic. For three people the meal was around 140 euros.

I highly recommend this place.