“Great value!!!”

Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Nova Scotia
“Great value!!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Pizza, pasta, water, dessert, and a bottle of wine for 33 euros - now that's value. This restaurant was one block from our apartment and we were looking for a quick and reasonably priced meal. This is small restaurant with 20+ tables. We ordered a thin crust pizza with tomatoes, ham, mushrooms, and cheese. Also fettuccine with tomato sauce and a bottle of house red wine. GREAT pizza!!!! We had tiramisu for dessert, that was excellent.

• Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Good value for money, quick tasty food”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

We had just got settled in our hotel and wanted somewhere close by to eat, asked a couple of locals where was good and they pointed us to this restaurant. Pizzas were great and cooked in wood oven. Great if your looking for a cheap and cheerful meal!

• Visited August 2013
springfield
“get pizza”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I've reviewed this before with a considerably higher rating. Given our meal, we probably will not go back. We ordered the pumpkin risotto which was terrible, with two slices of provolone cheese melted over the top. The meatballs (which I have ordered before and were much different) were terrible tasting, liked canned tomato sauce over ground beef with cold pickled mushrooms on the side. Since all of our dishes arrived together (salad, pizza, pasta, and secundi--except for these-- and they brought a dessert menu before this arrived) I can only assume they whipped them up on the spot; when I mentioned that they were not good (non bene) they did not seem too concerned. I thought this was a simple local restaurant, but since the quality of food seemed to be fairly poor as well as the organization of the restaurant, I would not rate this too highly. However, the chicken was delicious. So was a pizza marinara. Unfortunately the plate had half the amount of food as the Italian next to me who had ordered the same dish, and gave me the idea to order it. In any case, if you are near Piazza del Populo you could go for pizza and would have a very decent time, I think. The atmosphere is good, albeit hot from the pizza oven! It is more a restaurant for convenience of location than a must go to restaurant as reviews seem to intimate. it is a relief to be slightly out of the tourist zone. However, we paid about 80 E for a pretty bad meal of multiple courses.

• Visited June 2013
London
“Lovely”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great local place serving unfussy, simple food done very well. Feels a bit like you're in a small Italian village once you're inside, buzzing atmosphere, cramped tables, but it all adds to the experience.

We tried a couple of supposedly higher-end establishments whilst visiting Rome, but they all sadly disappointed. This was a welcome change and I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
Malta
“Best value for money”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Delicious home cooking with Roman specialities from pasta to meat, chicken, fish, pizza a legno, veggies, sweets, all extremely affordable, delicious wine, such a friendly staff. family-run. The environment couldn't be more friendly. Just 20 metres from Piazza del Popolo on via della Ripetta. Always have my first meal (besides many others) there when I am in Rome. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013