“We feel at home”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Trattoria Priscilla is difficult to find, it has no big signs stating “Restaurant” or “Trattoria” and many times I have seen that people look inside and turn away. Even I did the same thing many years ago when we changed house and came to live fairly close to Trattoria Priscilla: I stopped the car looked inside and drove off to another restaurant. Now I know that I should have ventured inside and tasted a little bit sooner (I finally went to eat at Priscilla’s a couple of months later) the fantastic “home-cooked” food which Alessandro, Cristina, Paula and ZuZu dish out. Highly recommended to people who like to eat delicious, simple & healthy food and listen to Alessandro’s Jokes.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

As a big Trip advisor user, I wanted to try the #1 rated restaurant in Rome. This restautrant doesn't deserve a #1 ranking in my humble opinion, but it was good comfort food and very affordable. It was too far away, though.

Okay...the food is authentic albeit the menu has a very short list of choices....perhaps 4 or 5 main course options.
The restaurant is on the outside of town, so it cost us over 50 Euro from our hotel (Marriott Grand Flora) to get there during rush hour. It only cost 20 Euro back because there was no traffic.
The restaurant feels more like a cafe. There is no ambiance per se. Just a country-kitchen feeling to it.
The food was good, slightly above average. The prices by Rome standards were cheap. We spent 55 Euros on 4 people. We ordered 2 appetizers, 2 main courses, 2 salads, 2 glasses of wine, a bottle of mineral water, and shared among 4 people (ate a late lunch). Service was fast. Nobody spoke English and we speak very little Italian...so no chatting it up with our waiter. However, the food came right away, was super hot, fresh and tasty. I would call it comfort food...had a home feel to it.
By the way, if you get there early and they aren't open yet (opens at 8:15) there is a small grocery store/cafe next door with a super friendly proprietor. We arrived early so we sat in there and had some wine and beer and he was so friendly and engaging.

2  Thank stevetanyaTexas
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I have lived in Rome for over 40 years. Had dinner at Priscilla, and the food was decent and quite well prepared.

Had a complimentary starter (house bruschetta with tomatoes), a first course (good tagliolini cacio e pepe - cheese and pepper), and vitello al forno con patate (roast veal with potatoes - good). Ended with Tiramisu, and had a bottle of house wine. The bill of 32€ per person was reasonable enough, but not cheap, and the restaurant can be recommended, but in no way would I rate this place as N° 1 in Rome: there is far too much good quality competition for this :-))))))))

The bathroom was something apart, being located in a courtyard, with no separate facilities for ladies and gents, and the experience most basic and unattractive :-((((

Reviewed 2 November 2010

One of the best restaurants in Rome, a great atmosphere and decor, I loved the interiors and the service was very polite. Food is of a great standard and the broccoli and sausages pasta was absolutely amazing!! My friend got a delicious stew with roast potatoes and he was charmed by its flavour as well! I really appreciated it and I strongly recommend it for a pleasant night.

Reviewed 20 October 2010

Handwritten menus, simple choice, kids doing their homework in one corner, excelent food.
We really enjoyed it, not knowing what to expect we'd thought "posh", but in reality loved the normaility of it.
2 people, 3 courses each, bottle of wine: 60 Euros.