“Nice trattoria-well worth a visit”

Trattoria Da Sergio Alle Grotte
Ranked #1,619 of 12,155 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Chester, United Kingdom
“Nice trattoria-well worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

Had a really nice time eating al fresco at Da Sergio's.
Good local food. Nice atmosphere. Good prices.
Really good pasta dishes.
Very nice place to spend an evening.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MikeandSuzanneO

• Hebrew first
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Local place just off the Campo de' Fiori”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Avoid the restaurant hawkers on the Campo and walk a few blocks to this little restaurant where there's no rush and the food is tasty. We had the antipasto plate, all very good items there, with prosciutto and cheese, olives, etc. My husband had the spaghetti carbonara, and he loved it, I had the cacio e pepe, which to me was a little salty, and I like salty things. My husband also had the house red wine, which he rated as so-so. The restaurant filled up with Italians during our supper, which speaks well for the place. Service was efficient and unrushed, a nice pace. Much better choice compared to the tourist places.

• Visited April 2013
“Local awesome place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

We went here based on our host recommendation, foods were good and delicious, very comfort and feel like a local warm Italian. They speak very small English but very friendly.

Lisbon, Portugal
“A small trattoria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

An old fashion trattoria with big portations, affordable prices and a hide location in Campo di Fiori without the agitation of the tipical tourist spots

Warwickshire, UK
“bad day?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

Chose this restaurant based on our guide book, as we didn't have access to the internet to check TA. Food was reasonable enough - home-made fettucine - though over-salted for my taste - and not expensive. However the main the thing that let it down was the waitress, who was surly in the extreme and impatient, despite there only being 3 other tables occupied, so it was not as if she was busy. I don't speak Italian, but I make the effort to try, because I don't believe that everyone should be expected to speak English. A little bit of patience with someone who is having difficulty understanding goes a long way. Instead I felt rushed into a decision before I was ready. A shame because in most of the restaurants we visited in Italy we got service with a smile and effort to ensure we were happy. Maybe we just got it on a bad day.