We booked 4 nights in Relais St. Pietro for 2 adults 1 child.
Our first impression was not nice: The Reception of the hotel is in a little hall, too tight and uncomfortable to check-in/check-out, or to wait there any minute. Unfortunately, the Wireless line was too weak in any other part of the hotel (inexistent in our room) thus we needed to wait there in that little telephone-booth-like-hotel reception for using any internet service.
The second bad impression was our room. TOO SMALL! and I mean it! I am southamerican, not so big, but even for me this room was extremelly small and tight packed.On Top, the hotel just put a little cot for our daughter, right at the feet of our bed: we couldnt walk anywhere! the luggage we placed upon the little wardrobe and under the bed, but had not a single cm to move nowhere.
Third dissapointment: the toilette: only a shower (not a bad tub like in the pictures or the publicity of the hotel in any internet page)
Fourth dissapointment: NOISY! the hotel seems to be made out of paper. You can feel anybody sneezing from anywhere! On Top of it, the light of the room at our side entered into our room also, clearly, at night time. Our roomates where very quite: an elderly couple, anyways we did hear them even whispering, walking, coughin, in their toilettes, etc :(
Fifth bad thing: you have no window. In Deed, the windows only can be semi-opened (left ajar) and they were cover by a blinder(sticker) that made our window pane look very dark grey (no natural light possible in that room).
As I tried to change rooms, I saw that all rooms where the same, with no natural light nor ventilation (fresh air current was impossible to find) and the sizes where quite the same.
We tried to console ourselves with the fact that "we will spend more time in the city, and come only to sleep"
but the situation is very uncomfortable, i felt like a mouse trapped in an insect hole..
and as I said, no chance to move on the room, just jumping from the bed to the bathroom door was possible ;(
Sixth bad point: the bathroom is made only for 1 person standing. if you use the wc, the door gets blocked by your own legs.
My husband is a northern-europe type: from Belgium. Very tall. He found this room a nightmare. Absolutely not as in the pictures shown! He was the most affected one, with his 190cms his legs hanged out of the bed, and couldnt sit on the border of the bed, because his knees were touching the wall already.
The bed was comfortable and clean: Considering this point, the hotel was spotless :) at least!
The breakfast was basic: coffee, hot water for tea, and an "eatable toast" when you are very hungry. Nothing else.
If you got lucky, you could find some cheddar Cheese and something resembling Ham for your toast. The room was clean and all was in hand if needed :)
They place "Refreshments in the room as welcome" in the announcement of their site, when booking by them. It Never happened! Not even water in the reception hall, neither in our room. But that was not a big deal for us.
The negative deal was, that the minibar in our room didn't work! ;(
Two positive points though, are:
1) The Terrace in the 4th floor was nice! The sun shined there every morning, and we could quietly drink our coffee there.
2) The Hotel Staff is simply lovely! They did take care of us in any case necessary! They are serviceable, always happy to be at your disposal!
They made out of the whole bad situation, a good experience for us.
The reception guy was there all night long, opening personally the door for the guests. Full security!
As I mentioned, the Staff of this hotel are awesome! From the cleaning personal until the reception guys.. simply charming :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel charming and comfortable, from the early '900, situated in a good position in the heart of the "Eternal City", offers its guests all the comforts, together with a warm welcome and careful personalization of service. Cleanliness, courtesy, customer care and support to the tourist information are hallmarks of Relais San Pietro. The Reception is available 24 hours 24, reservations city tour, assistance, transfers to and from the airport, maps and information about the city , the great advice on where to taste the Roman cuisine is excellence. The rooms are furnished with personality and essential style, with attention to detail to ensure a pleasant and accommodating to customers anywhere in the world. All is located in a strategic location, a short walk from St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museums and Castel Sant'Angelo, as well as a commercial area renowned strolling among the many boutiques of the most prestigious designers. Connected to the most important areas of the city by a network of buses and subways is a short walk from the hotel. You can easily reach the famous street of Via Veneto, the frantic Via del Corso, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, the magical Navona's square, the Pantheon, the Colosseum, and if you choose not to go far, you will be spoiled the choice of bars, restaurants, cafes and small traditional shops to satisfy the taste buds. We offer also free Wi-Fi, in the common areas and in the rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Relais San Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais San Pietro Hotel Rome