“ANOTHER great stay”
Review of Pantheon Inn

Pantheon Inn
Ranked #431 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This has been the hotel I choose when visiting Rome time after time. Not only is the location awesome...being in the heart of Rome and right around the corner from the Pantheon, but the customer service and clean rooms is an added bonus. Veeru runs things from the front desk and has been there for years. He's friendly, warm, helpful and extremely responsive. I've sent him emails with questions and requests to make restaurant reservations for me and he answers every time and right away.

I love this B&B and recommend you check it out.

Cheers to you Veeru and Roberto!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank XOITALY

Reviewed 9 September 2013

great Location and friendly hotel VALUE FOR MONEY !

The loaction is ideal, in the middle of Rome everything within 5 minutes distance. And the hotel makes you feel living in Rome instead of Hotelling in Rome.

Breakfast is ok, all you need

The staf is helpfull, Mr Veeru even printed the boarding passes for us all.

Will be back.

Room Tip: no remarks
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rolf L
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Spent two nights at the end of a 16 day European trip at this hotel. We had the luxury suite which contained two bathrooms and two floors within the unit. The room was clean, and old world charming. The location was perfect for exploring almost all of Rome on food, and had many great outdoor markets near by. We had three people in our room, but that was not an issue as the room was very large. Initially the taxi driver had difficulty in locating the hotel, and they cannot drive you right to the door as it is on a pedestrian only street, but that is only a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My family of 4 (including 2 teens) just came back from a 3-day stay at the Pantheon Inn. I was a little concerned as there were very mixed reviews for the hotel. Luckily our limo driver knew where the hotel was - or we probably would've missed it. Although you had to walk up a few flights of stairs, it really wasn't a problem. We were in a quad room (224). It was a bit small, but adequate. The room was clean and the bathroom was modern. I recommend that you bring a blow dryer since the one in the bathroom wasn't great. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is wonderful. We were able to walk to all of the sights - including the Colosseum and Vatican. The breakfast was fine - nothing fancy - but a selection of pastries, cereal, bread, cheese and meat. The coffee and juice were out of a machine - not great, but acceptable. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank JPWPhiladelphia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We reserved our room in April for a July stay which was confirmed by Booking.com and the owner via email. I was looking forward to the location and the charming experience based on other reviewers. Plus as a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 7 and 13, I was pleased with the quad room offering. Thanks to the reviewer who mentioned the green door and the warning from reviewers about the many fights of stairs and small elevator, we were adequately prepared for our arrival. After our climb up five flights with luggage, we found the small reception desk. This is where it becomes bizarre. When checking in, the owner said that he had some bad news. The occupants of our room could not leave because of a lost passport. He made accommodations for us at a sister hotel nearby, arranged for a taxi to take us there and for our bags to return to the Pantheon Inn the next day. As a frequent international traveler, I have learned to roll with these annoyances. He had good intentions to not strand the guests in our room and see that we had accommodations for 1 night. After a 10 minute cab ride (not exactly nearby for my standards), we arrived at the sister hotel. The owner greeted us at the cab and paid for the ride. He was very polite and helped us with our bags. Other than the further location, all was ok so far. Let's start with the positive . . . the room was clean, quiet, air conditioned and had a large bathroom. Plus free wifi. However, with 4 beds crammed in a small room, we barely fit our luggage (despite traveling extremely light for a family of 4 staying a month in Europe throughout 6 countries). There was not enough room for my 7 year old and me to swing our legs over the side of our beds at the same time let alone walk straight to the bathroom. We had to turn sideways to maneuver in any direction other than out the door. The bedspreads were shabby. The room was sparse. After traveling for 3 weeks, I knew this wasn't the place for us. I immediately started looking for other accommodations. After 2 hours of searching and to no avail, I decided to stay the night but would require the Pantheon Inn to cover our room charge for that night only. I was fine paying for the other 2 nights that we actually stayed in the Pantheon Inn. On our way out to dinner, the owner asked me how I planned to pay him. I told him that I was expecting the Pantheon Inn to cover the charges. He became defensive and stated that was impossible. He was doing us a favor by accommodating us and wanted payment. I stated that this problem should not be ours, that the location is not near the Pantheon, and the room was not satisfactory. He told me that I should have told him this before he let us into the room. How would I know it was unsatisfactory if I didn't see it? He called the Pantheon Inn and I expressed my displeasure. The Pantheon Inn owner thought the rooms were comparable to his and he was not willing to cover the charge. I told him that I did not get that impression and that if his rooms were that size, we would not be staying there either. I hung up, thanked the owner for the use of his wifi and toilet, grabbed our luggage and left. At 5 pm on a Friday night in Rome, I was wary about finding a place quickly. But we found a great place that made our stay delightful. Thank you Hotel Bernini (more expensive but reasonable for a high-end boutique hotel) for rescuing a family of hot, weary travelers. As an American, I didn't think my request for the Pantheon Inn to cover the one night was out of line. Both owners thought it was ridiculous. Perhaps it is a cultural difference. Booking.com was on the case immediately and handled the situation quickly and professionally. I would use booking.com in the future as I reserved 10 hotels on their site for our trip and this was the only issue.

2  Thank Laurie G
Dantoniroberto, Direttore at Pantheon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Taking note of the particular and unfavorable situation (the room was not available for one night because we had to keep it to a person who had lost the document, as per hotel policy) we understand this negative feedback but we have to discuss inappropriate comments released.
The Pantheon Inn is an ancient structure (the building, dating back to 1600, was the home of Giuseppe Garibaldi), but there is the elevator, marked by two plates before the stairs.
On arrival, guests were made immediately aware of the situation and our solution to the problem was immediately exposed, they could also not accept.
Their choice was not forced, and if they had shown doubt we would have sought a viable alternative (perhaps by booking directly at the Bernini Bristol finally chosen) to offer the best solution considered by the customer.
Arrived at our sister hotel (10 minutes walk away from the Pantheon Inn despite the distance by taxi seemed longer because of the work in progress in the historic center of Rome) customers, only after viewing the room type, have accepted accommodation and have checked in at 11am.
They took advantage of the room all the afternoon, having a rest, having used all the services (bath, shower and beds); then they left the room at 7 p.m without contacting the concierge.
In these cases, the hotel must find a solution to this type of problems (unfortunately these things happen), but the choice of the customer is never forced and the solution to the problem can be discussed. To give the consent, use the services and then not provide a valid reason to refuse an accommodation before accepted is rude, offensive, inappropriate and harmful to the hotel that could resell the solution to another customer.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My family of five recently stayed four nights at the Pantheon Inn. Although I agree with some of the other readers that items like the Inn's elevator is a little small and hard to find but overall, our experience was very good. Plus, the location of the Inn is fantastic. We were within walking distance to so many important sites and monuments that it made our trip so much better. Also, the Inn is very clean. Customer service was also very good particularly a person named Varun. We had one service related issue with one of the staff members and this was handled very quickly and efficiently by the Manager.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not too close to or under the breakfast room.
1  Thank Amry J
Reviewed 11 July 2013

A friend and I stayed a few nights in Rome and this was a cool spot to base out of, great location right by the Pantheon, you can walk to basically everything. This isn't your conventional hotel but is a much cooler experience in Rome and this site used to be Garibaldi's house by the way. The staff were great and very helpful with all of our needs.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends