“rome stay.”

Pantheon Inn
Ranked #448 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 8 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Pantheon Inn

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The location is the best, a short block from the Pantheon. The desk staff (Veeru, Roberto (Roberto's sister), Reaz) were all great-provided excellent customer service and good resource for how to get around, what to see, etc. The breakfast room and housekeeping staff were very friendly also. We were a family, renting 2 rooms for 7 nights. The condition and decor of the rooms were fine, not luxurious, nor standard, just in good condition. My only suggestion would be to improve the breakfast. While the meat, cheeses, yorgurt, fruit were good, the cereals and pastries were all of the sugar variety. There was plain bread, but it was white bread. If they provided some basic croissants, wheat bread/rolls, granola this would be a big improvement. The rooms are cooled by AC that you can run all the time if you prefer (unlike other hotels that turn off at certain times of the day). We were there when the days were hot so we ran it all the time. The elevator can be used if you do not like stairs, wifi worked well. I felt the rate we paid was a little high based on my breakfast comments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

U.S travelers if you don't know Rome hotels let me explain. When you get to the hotel (like most Rome hotels) there is a small plaque on the building that reads "Pantheon Inn". So if you're not familiar with Rome it's a bit tricky, but this is par for the course for Rome. In addition when you enter you will be buzzed in from outside. From there the ONLY bad thing is the amount of stairs you have to climb to get to the lobby (3 flights) IF you don't want to take the stairs then you can take an elevator they have right next to the stairs. Make sure you ask the hotel prior to coming so you're not confused when you arrive. The staff was VERY friendly to us and trust me we were a bunch of cranky Americans that just traveled through Rome's traffic. The best way I can describe this hotel is eclectic mixed with a modern motif. It's very charming & very clean. They were renovating some of the hotel while we were there so its good to see they're updating things. The rooms were spotless with new floors and a brand new bathroom (large for Italian standards) Let me be clear if you're used to spacious large hotel's with a large lobby like we have in America then this is not the place for you. I suggest you look elsewhere and pay double/triple the price. To me I'm in Rome I'm out from the morning to night. A stay like this requires a hotel like this. If you're the type that needs a luxurious hotel to stay in and not leave then this is NOT for you. The price is perfect for what I needed. They have a wonderful breakfast with fresh pastries and the staff is very accommodating to your needs and can help you find anything. They're all smiles! The hotel is situated right in the middle of everything. It's not super close to the ruins but it's a 5 minute $7 cab ride or you can walk their in 15 minutes. When we got ready to leave they provided a van back to the airport. I have nothing bad to say about this place except the stairs...but again that's Rome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MattyMatteo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Trip advisor reviews are very important to me when making my travel arrangements. Having said that I must write an honest review of this hotel. I booked 4 rooms here and just returned two weeks ago. I would not recommend nor stay here again for several reasons. The first is the quality of hotel and rooms, I would say the hotel would be like a travel lodge motel with the amenities available in our 4 rooms. There is no lobby which would have been nice since we had a priest from the Vatican picking us up on two days of our stay, had to meet outside on the street in the heat. The air conditioning did not work well in any of our rooms making it uncomfortable to sleep at night. The ac shuts off daily between 9am-2:00pm. The room refrigerator does not keep drinks cold and there is no ice available in hotel (I asked for ice on two separate days and was told they don't have ice! ) Ugh it was 90+ degrees outside, room was warm and no way to cool off unless you got into the shower. Breakfast food was mostly carbohydrates and not really worth eating, better to eat at nearby restaurants. Cold cereal, pastry, yogurt, warm milk, mediocre coffee and the room was warm and stuffy even in the morning. The hostess was nice though.
Back to the quality of rooms, the walls were kinda beat up and need paint, the room furniture was old and worn out cushions on chairs, the windows in rooms were tiny up on 4th floor with old old peeling paint on them and shutters. Church adjacent under construction and could be a bit noisy from workers during the day and early in the morning (not hotels fault, just mentioning this), bed was not very comfortable, tile floors in rooms no carpeting.
On the plus side, the hotel is clean, the staff very friendly and accommodating, the car service from train station was convenient and reasonably priced, the location is great with many attractions and wonderful restaurants, Piazza Novona nearby etc. But the price of the rooms were the same as our rooms in Paris in a beautifully appointed boutique hotel with a full view of the Eiffel Tower and delicious food and beautiful air conditioned lobby. The Pantheon Inn needs to either upgrade their hotel and refurbish the rooms, and furniture and beds etc or price them accordingly for the condition of hotel and amenities and lack of good air conditioning. For these reasons I cannot recommend this hotel to other Rome visitors. Beautiful hotel right next door with rooftop terrace and restaurant. This is an honest review and just our personal opinions. This hotel is a 2 star in my book :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank labornurse_rn
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I stayed here after returning from a Mediterranean cruise. It took a while for our driver to locate it as you enter through a door at the street level and the sign is not large and flashy (which is really a good thing, actually). We arrived around 10:30 a.m., well before check-in, yet knowing we would be early, they had our room prepared. We were given a spacious room with high ceilings, a king bed and a queen pull-out couch, perfect for our family of 4. The room had wi-fi, a mini bar, bathroom amenities, air-conditioning (which was needed!) and a nice view of the courtyard below.

When we checked in, we were given the history of the building. I am "borrowing" the history from their website, but I found it fascinating: The Pantheon Inn is located in a historical building dating back to 1681. This was the home to none other than the famous Giuseppe Garibaldi. Garibaldi was a central figure in the Italian Risorgimento and invariable historical, and political analysis have been written on his enterprises. Garibaldi’s popularity, his charisma, and military victories made a decisive contribution to the unification of Italy. The huge popularity he achieved among his contemporaries carries on with posterity. From 1873 onwards Garibaldi settled in this building several times. This was shortly after pubblishing “I Mille” and during the years of his election, his literary works and his marriage to Francesca Armosino. As a Member of the House, of this newly created nation, he proposed the first political plan. This consisted in the universal adult suffrage act, the reconstruction of Italy, the drainage of the Pontine land and a project to render the Tiber waterway navigable.

Breakfast was amazing. A dedicated server staffed the breakfast area, helping us to make our coffee, refilling dishes, etc. Breakfast consisted of juices, yogurt, fruit, pastries, deli items, etc. The breakfast definitely exceeded our expectations.

This hotel is just steps from the Pantheon. We were also able to walk to the Trevi Fountain (around a mile away) and the Hard Rock Cafe (around 1.5 miles away).

It was not a problem for our family, but I do need to report that there is a couple of flights of stairs that need to be climbed to reach the hotel. There is an elevator available to hotel guests, but it is small, fitting around two people. You have to climb around 4 steps to reach the elevator.

I would definitely stay here again. It is a gem with a convenient location to the aforementioned attractions as well as the government center of Rome. The staff are friendly and helpful and we had a pleasant and memorable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank kem0513
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have been meaning to write a review since our stay last September for 6 nights. We booked three rooms for our extended family trip. One for an elderly person, one for a family of four and one for three people. Don't be put off by the nonexistent entrance. Follow the Hotel's instructions. We all have a laugh now about our initial dismay at the hotel frontage. This hotel is a little gem. The breakfast each day is a bonus with coffee, tea, fresh pastries and cereals, buffet style in a small breakfast room. It feels like you are in someone's dining room. Very pleasant. Hotel rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Good beds. The bathrooms are generous for Europe with plentiful hot water, we never ran out, even in our room with four people (my husband and I and two kids). Staff are very helpful and the location is superb. There is a small lift for suitcases or passengers if you don't want to walk the couple of flights of stairs. It's essentially an old converted Mansion. We could easily come back to the hotel to rest before heading out again in the evenings. The restaurants nearby are excellent and easy walking distance to many sights. Having the Pantheon just metres away is wonderful. You are in amongst the hustle and bustle without too much noise. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Florence G
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wonderful stay at the Pantheon Inn. Short holiday, only four days, but thanks to the valuable advice of the staff on the various tours we visited most of the attractions. Central location, really charming historic home with great facilities, good breakfast and cleaning. A warm welcome and a memorable service. Thank you so much to all the staff for this unforgettable stay in Rome!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple