“Great customer service”

When In Rome Accommodation
Ranked #2,910 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This is a great little spot to stay right by the train station and metros. The host Emy is fantastic and very helpful. The rooms were great, clean and had a balcony. There is laundry and great restaurants just around the corner. Although the included breakfast is simply it is very good. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have just arrived home from a 4 day trip to Rome with friends after staying at When in Rome. We booked a Quadruple room, which upon arrival consisted of a double bed and a bunk bed. I opted to sleep on the top bunk of the bed, but soon discovered I could not.

I am only a 5"9 male that weighs around 13.5 stone, however upon lying down on the top bunk on our first night, the metal frame holding the bunk bent to a slant, almost causing myself to fall from height and injury my friend on a bottom bunk. I spent the 1st and 2nd nights sleeping on the mattress on the floor.
Upon arriving back at the room on our 3rd day, we noticed the top bunk was seemingly repaired, so I attempted to use it again, but with the same outcome; the metal frame bending.

Upon checking out, the owner (I assume) accused us of damaging the bed, claiming he had called out a repairman to repair the bed previously and told us we owed him 60 EUR. I refused to pay on the grounds I had not deliberately damaged the bed. I advise NO ONE to BOOK a QUADRUPLE ROOM HERE and possibly get blamed and charged due to their inadequate facility.

Other negatives about this place were that my personal belongings (clothes) were moved from being in a tidy laid position by myself to being dumped into a pile whilst they carried out their "housekeeping"...resulting in my clothes becoming creased and untidy. The lift that takes guests from the bottom floor to the accommodation is incredibly small (states max 4 people, this is generous) and very slow in movement. The other option is about 7 flights of stairs to climb.

There were a few positives, however. This place is a 5 minute walk to Termini; Rome's main train station, bus station and a Metro station to access most of the city, 30 minute walk to The Coliseum. Each of us paid around 40 EUR each for 4 days, very low cost, and we did receive breakfast vouchers for a cafe located around the corner (breakfast included in the voucher was a hot drink and cake). Free Wi-Fi is offered here.

The whole bunk-bed issue here was very souring, and I can't help thinking that if this had not happened, I would have rated this place 4/5, as for the price paid, it would have been great value budget accommodation.

Room Tip: Do not book a Quadruple room here!, if you are a group of 4, either book 2 twin / double rooms or st...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TArneM
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I could not spend the night there, the smell was awful. We had a new renovated room, and that seemed to be the problem, although the room was clean there as strong chemical smell, similar to urine. We checked out a few hours later, and I was only able to return the key the next day because that was nobody at the reception.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BudgetTraveller27
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed in double-bed room for 2 nights. En-suite. Have small sharing kitchen, lift and free breakfast at cafe downstairs - italian coffee and croissant.

Our room quite small, not enough space to put our luggages. Maybe this room only best for only one people. I think the room is 'Oceania'.

Near to termini st. and easy to catch shuttle bus to airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lisa_elisa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The rooms are clean and big. But probably the most important thing... it has air conditioning. The balcony with a great view is just the cherry on the topping. We got the best out of our money. And yeah.. Emy is just a great guy :) Always asking if we need anything helping us with tips and ideas where to get some great ( and not overpriced) food. He was always energetic and giving out a positive vibe. He even stored our luggage after we checked out, so that we could enjoy our trip to Rome without carrying our baggage for the last day. And as everyone mentioned already.. the neighbourhood is safe and there is a police station just a few streets away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ne0X
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We started our trip with this lovely hostel and came back again at the end!
Everything about this place was great! Located a few streets away from termini station- convenient for day trips, metro, buses or even if you're keen to walk- which we did!
Breakfast is served from a lovely Italian cafe- best coffee on the trip!
Rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels and air conditioning was an amazing comfort for the heat of summer! The rooms are themed which makes everything funner! Opt for Australia- if you can... Not just because we are Australian but because of the beautiful balcony!
It is located on the fifth floor but there is a nice tempermental elevator that will get you there!
AND finally, Emy the guy on the desk, is a whole lot of fun, super friendly and helpful with suggestions regarding sighta to see, food to eat and experiences to have in Rome!
So when in Rome, stay in When in Rome!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Carmelsimpson
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I visited Rome for the third time, first time i booked somewhere else and for the second and third time here. This B&B is located very central, close to Termini, it is a clean location, comfortable bed, you have all you need for your stay. It is optimal for visiting Rome,staff very friendly and helpfull with infos you need, breakfast tipic italian with great coffee /cappucino:) and croisant
I recomand this B&B

Room Tip: I stayed in Africa and Oceania-this have a terase too:)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple