“Modern and clean”

Ranked #92 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Los Angeles, California
“Modern and clean”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I very much liked this hotel. It's more like a collection of apartments on the 2nd floor of a building. It's not a stand alone hotel. The décor is modern, there is adequate space, the bathrooms were nice, modern and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful and all totally fluent in English. It's on a smaller street next to the Mitsukoshi Department Store and 1 blk to a major thoroughfare, so it is easy to walk to many nearby restaurants. It's walkable to the train station and to the coliseum and forum. For the price it is very reasonable. The little elevator for the building is very old and quite a pain. The air conditioner worked fine. So did the Wi-Fi. There was some street noise but it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peanuts_in_la

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and the air-conditioner in our room was leaking during the last 2 nights.. When we informed the front desk about the leakage, they said that this was common and that they will get someone to look at in the next morning.. But it seems that no one looked into it as it was still leaking on the next night.. There was also no update from the front desk about the situation of our air-conditioner at all.. Bad experience.. Avoid room F where the leakage occurred..

The room wifi was mediocre as I had no trouble reading posts from Facebook, but had problems downloading my emails..

The hotel breakfast was limited in choices, but the Parma ham and cornflakes were ok..

Overall, service could be improved in terms of the handling of our air-conditioner issue..

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel was just average in my opinion. It ranked last amongst all the hotels that we stayed in Europe for our honeymoon. It was not that near to the train station, with heavy luggages I would advise you to take the metro, which is one stop away from the railway station. On our first day of arrival the Italian guy manning the counter was not very pleasant or helpful. When we arrived at 11am he said, "Check in is at 2pm. You can leave your luggages here." He didn't offer to check if there are any rooms available so we could check in early, and couldn't be bothered with us at all. The other female staff was much more helpful, but first impressions stayed on. I felt that this hotel is quite cold and unfriendly. I didn't have the breakfast, so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my first trip to Rome and I wanted somewhere in a good location that wasn't too expensive. The location was great and an easy walk from the central station, closer to a metro stop and walking distance to all of the main sights. The staff were brilliant, offering excellent advice and we emailed prior to arrival and they booked dinner at restaurants in advance (we were arriving at dinner time on a saturday). This is a small hotel with only 9 rooms and the sign isn't big, we managed to miss it at first. The breakfast was good and when booking directly with the hotel it is included in the price. Also you get extra discounts over larger travel websites if booking directly.

The rooms were a decent size, furnished well and bottled water is provided. As mentioned in a previous review the electric blinds made for good 'black out' at night. The only downside for me was that our room was directly above the the main entrance and next to the check-in desk and I was disturbed by the noise of the door closing/buzzer a couple of times.

Would be more than happy to stay here the next time I am in Rome.

Room Tip: The rooms start with letter A furthest away from the breakfast room with F opposite the entrance. A...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jg7403
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find such a lovely home in Rome! I had a beautiful room, service was excellent - even before I arrived, I was sent a confirmation email, my airport sending service was arranged, and all my requests were ensured. I absolutely loved the breakfast, so much that it makes me sad I wont be able to have another one during my next stay since I will be leaving early the next morning to catch my flight...I will definitely come back for my next Rome stay!

Room Tip: Rooms are real quiet and you can walk to loads of places.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked here as it was near the rail station and it had good trip reviews. Although its not the cheapest, it was a very good place to stay. Looked as it had just had a refurb - nicely done too. And the breakfast was very good - not something you can rely on in Italy sadly. I loved the electric operated shutters. You could have the room really dark - and in the morning lean over, press the button and in comes the light!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ianforestfan
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Usually when you find a great secret you don't tell anyone. Let's put it this way, when I go back to Rome this is where I will stay. Perfect for me. I had ZERO complaints with my stay.

What you get for the value is great. Perfectly located close to the subway, just around the block. There are some great hidden restaurants close by as well. There is a fantastic bakery across the street that will bring you back every morning.

A major sell for me was that my room in the hotel had COLD AC. Great shower too.

Breakfast was ok, I didn't really eat the breakfast offered at the hotel because of the amazing bakery across the street.

I can't wait to be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple