“loved every minute of it”
Review of Suite Dreams

Suite Dreams
Ranked #106 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 14 February 2009

me and my partner stayed there for a romantic getaway and couldn't be more complimentary towards the whole experience!!!! the staff couldn't be more than accomodating and the rooms are immaculate!!! soo convenient to everything and just provides the best services for the price......plus the showers are amazing!!!!!! the only drawback, and it's a minor one, is the breakfast room which is very blah and small...very small and uncomfortable because it felt you were sitting on top of each other...

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed 6 February 2009

SuiteDreams is a very nice place to stay. Modern with a good breakfast, although if your stay is more than 3 days, the breakfast selections rarely changes so it seems to appear unappetizing. Rooms are nice but if you sat in the lobby area near the front desk, you can hear people talking while in the shower/bathroom from the rooms near the front desk. The owner was very gracious/helpful but like everywhere else, some of the supporting staff, does not share his passion to provide excellence. If they did not know about a certain tourist sight, they should ask another staff member if they are familiar, so someone can tell us about it. But with training, easily corrected. On the night before our departure, we cleared our account but was told a final statement could not be generated until the next day when we formally checked out. Although the owner explained that every detail shall be ready early when we checked out, the young person at the desk had nothing ready, and in the rush to provide us with the statement, printed out an incorrect statement. We were told a corrected copy would be emailed to us, but on return to our home, no email was received. On inquiry, we were told to mail back the incorrect statement, and a correct one will be sent. Why is this such a difficult task to get a duplicate copy of your stay? This changes my interpretation of how this hotel can be rated #1, when service such as this occurs.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank alank1101
Reviewed 5 February 2009

My friend and I spent 5 nights at Suite Dreams and absolutely loved our stay. The owner, Pierre Francesco, made us feel at home immediately. The beautiful hotel is the apartment that he grew up in and he is the ultimate host. When we arrived he said he hoped we would feel like we were staying with friends. Friends who just so happen to have an amazing home in Rome. My friend had trouble with her ATM card and Pierre Francesco immediately jumped to help her out and find out what he could do. His staff has been with him for many years and you can tell that they have a good relationship, like family, and they keep the hotel immaculate. They are also very knowledgeable about where to go, eat, etc. and offered to help us get tickets, too.

Our room was very clean and super tastefully decorated with wood flooring, fluffy white beds, sleek modern decor and a brand new bathroom. It was roomy, even by American standards and had a flat screen TV and every amenity, including a fancy hairdryer, a nice closet and wireless LAN with a very speedy connection in every room and a laptop in the lobby.

It is located on Via Modena, which is close to Repubblica and an easy walk from Termini, the train station that you will take to get into town from either airport. We walked absolutely everywhere in Rome and really enjoyed the neighborhood the hotel is located in.

Breakfast was included since we booked on the hotel's website and it included Nespresso, tea, juice, bread, baked goods, cheese, meat, jam, Nutella and fresh fruit. It was very tasty and plentiful. We got free water bottles each day in our mini bar, another nice touch.

All in all, you can't ask for a nicer place to stay or a nicer host.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank MP1130
Reviewed 4 February 2009

I agree with everyone's comments about this hotel, location fab, rooms fab, modern, clean and spacious. Excellent gadgets and design. Breakfast was lovely (Just so people know what to expect there is no bar or restaurant in the hotel, in fact it is on the second floor of a beautiful old building but just to warn people in case their preference is a hotel with bar, restaurant etc.)

I have to say, I was surprised before I went to Rome when I read Shellyburger's review, particularly when everyone else's reviews were so positive towards Pierfranceso, but I think that if you get on the wrong side of him you will know! There is a strict non-smoking policy in the hotel which I have no problem with, however my boyfriend had one cigarette out the large window in our room on our first morning and then left the window open to air out the room. When we returned to the hotel that afternoon after sightseeing, I received a phonecall from Pier explaining that there was to be no smoking, which I didnt argue with and respected (in fact, I was very embarassed that he knew & I completely respected the fact that we did break the rule) he then went on to tell me that if rules and regulations were not adhered to he has to get the police involved, he was rather threatening in his tone which i did not like and after the phonecall again as Shellyburger had mentioned we felt very uncomfortable around him. There was only luke warm water one afternoon which I was very upset about about as was so sore after walking around Rome all day, Pier did offer if we wanted to have a shower in another room were the water was hot, but I felt that was unacceptable as I wanted a hot shower in my own room but I was too afraid of him to argue! He can be quite intimidating.

So overall, lovely hotel, probably would recommened to a friend but if you get on the wrong side of Pier you will find out pretty soon!

5  Thank DublinDotty
Reviewed 31 January 2009

SuiteDreams is a lovely little gem of a hotel in a wonderful location. The hotel is simply but beautifully furnished with wonderful modern en suite bathrooms, very comfortable bedding, and generous closet/storage space for a week's stay. The breakfast each morning is a feast both the eyes and the palate and is served in a lovely little breakfast room. During our stay we enjoyed the wonderful Italian yogurt, the delicious coronetti, croissants, fresh fruit, ham and cheese and execellent coffee. The hotel is situated on the first floor and has a lift which will accommodate two guests with luggage. The hotel's common areas and rooms are impeccably clean and very quiet.
The staff at SuiteDreams is friendly, helpful, and courteous. They take great pride in making your stay in Rome as wonderful as possible by providing restaurant recommendations, reservations and even a DVD player with videos after an especially tiring day. The location near Piazza Repubblica is a few short blocks to a Metro station and a taxi stand and many sites are nearby. Most tourist sites are a mile or less from the hotel and walking is very pleasant. We can't wait to return!

4  Thank BGMaryland
Reviewed 29 January 2009

We stayed at Suite Dreams for 2 nights whilst in Rome for a weekend and I can say how great this hotel is. The location is ideal only a 10-15 minute walk to the historical centre of Rome and 2 mins from the Metro which takes you over to the Vatican.

The hotel was just what we wanted - quiet, relaxed, clean, well appointed etc, Lovely breakfast which was included in the price if you book direct.

The owner of the hotel is a really nice, helpful gentleman. He couldn't do enough for us - making reservations in restaurants, transportation, fress use of wi-fi etc. Nothing was too much trouble. For the price this is definitely a 5*

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StuBailey
Reviewed 28 January 2009

I just returned from 4 nights here on my first trip to Rome with my 13-year old nephew. I chose this hotel based on the TripAdvisor recommendations and the location. The location a few blocks from Termini is perfect-you can walk from the station and easily access all the tourist sites on foot, by bus, or the nearby Metro. There have been many other comments about how nice the hotel is. I won’t try to repeat them, just say that I agree with all of the positive observations about the rooms and how clean the place is. Another positive about the rooms was bathrooms and the abundant availability of hot water-when you’re used to hotels in the U.S., the adjustment to phone boothe-sized showers and 3 minutes of tepid water can be a difficult adjustment. The bathroom in our room was very spacious and the water was VERY hot. My nephew actually complained that he couldn’t figure out how to make it cooler-he didn’t realize what a luxury he had.

One element of other travelers’ reviews that I will repeat relates to the amazing service from Roma and Pierfrancesco—they locked up our bags until check-in when we arrived early Friday morning-then had them waiting for us in the room when we checked in later that afternoon, they made dinner reservations for us for Saturday night (which turned out to be necessary, even off-season), suggested nearby restaurants to try, ensured that we had maps and knew how to get to the sites we planned to see, and arranged for our transport to the airport.

In a tourist destination like Rome, finding a nice hotel at a decent price isn’t THAT challenging. What helps narrow the list is excellent personal service – that is I was expecting based on other TripAdvisor reviews and that is exactly what we got. Pierfrancesco was particularly attentive, helpful, and friendly. I asked him for advice on finding a place to buy some good olive oil. He pointed me to a few shops, but said if they didn’t have any that I wanted to buy that he would give me a bottle he had at the hotel. He said that it was made by his family—he didn’t have much left, but that it was better than anything I could buy because it was made with love. What more can I say?! I was very touched by his generosity.

I don’t want to challenge another review’s experiences, but I could not disagree more with shellyburger’s observation that Pierfrancesco is “just not cut out for the hotel business.” I am thankful that he IS in the hotel business and helped make our trip so enjoyable. To suggest that he or anyone else at the hotel would make you feel uncomfortable is the complete opposite of our experience.

I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone else traveling to Rome and will stay there again myself when I return.

• Stayed: January 2009