“Lovely!”
Review of PapavistaRelais

PapavistaRelais
Ranked #143 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed there on a short break for my 40th birthday & I have to say it is a gem of find for anyone who isn't looking for the facilities of a large hotel but still enjoys the luxuries of a 4/5 star decor with the friendliness of a B&B.

David is, quite possibly, the most helpful, polite & cheerful person I have ever met (without ever being intrusive). He welcomed us wholeheartedly after a delayed, late flight from the UK & made us tea as we must have looked so weary.

Breakfast is good & the location is excellent for the Vatican City & access to the Metro. The hotel is not easy to find in the dark - you have to look for a little plaque on a wall. Also, don't be put off by the hotel's basement (I am told this is common in Italy); you will be pleasantly surprised when you arrive in reception.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Vatican walls
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights in March 2012 and I would recommend the place to anyone who is looking for a very clean, quiet and lovely B&B. The staff were amazing, very courteous and helpful at all times, specially David. He is well informed, very polite and speaks fluent Spanish. The room was very nice and quiet. It was bigger than other hotel rooms I had before in several of my trips to Italy. It is also very close to the Vatican and the subway stop (Ottavio). There are plenty of restaurants around where you can eat.
It is simply an excellent place to stay in Rome and I would definitively stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2012

For American's the Papavista is akin to a B&B...a very good B&B. It is convenient to just about anywhere you would want to go. It is quiet at night, which is not a fact at many hotels near the Vatican. The Staff is absolutely superb. No one can find better service or attention anywhere. I stumbled across the Papavista on the Internet. I discovered how many professionals make the Papavista their home while in Rome. You will probably begin to think of making the Papavista your place to stay on every trip you might make to Rome.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

A lovely hotel, fabulous room looking over the vatican. Staff were amazing, nothing was to much trouble all excellent but David was exceptional - what a lovely young man, had so much knowledge and a lovely way with the guests. Gave us information on all the best restaurants and places to visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2012

After much searching for a hotel in Rome, we picked this hotel based on the excellent reviews it'd received, the decent price and accessibility by car.

We spent 2 nights here in August 2011, traveling to the hotel by car. There was on the street parking available, although I left our car in a nearby underground car park (cheaper, more secure). Finding the hotel by car was relatively easy with a GPS, although I did get a little bit lost in the one-way streets on the way to parking the car at a nearby car park.

The location is very good - a few minutes walk to the metro, and right by the entrance to the Vatican. If you want to get to the center of room, it's a few minutes away by taking the metro - I believe you can walk too, although we didn't try it. You may decide that you want a more central location, although this will usually cost you more.

The room was clean and comfortable, with high ceilings. The room itself was quiet, although if you are going to have a lie-in, you might hear people having their breakfast depending on where your room is (it's a small hotel afterall). We thought the service was great (from the booking process to throughout our stay). The breakfast buffet was good also.

Recommended as a base for exploring Rome.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seb L
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My elderly grandmother and I stayed at the PapaVista over Thanksgiving weekend (late November). The main purpose of our trip was to explore the Vatican, so the PapaVista was ideally situated. The rooms are very clean and the complimentary breakfast is delicious. However, the best part of the PapaVista is the incredible staff. Since before we arrived, they went out of their way to accommodate us. I emailed them a few days before our trip inquiring about a wheelchair rental for my grandmother and they helped arrange the whole thing. And when there was a mix up about the price of the rental, they called the company on our behalf and negotiated a discount. Everyone was great, but particular thanks go to David for going out of his way to be kind and help us out. I don't think I would every stay at a different hotel in Rome. Thanks PapaVista for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank malturk
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Papa Vista Relais played no small part in making our recent trip to Rome very memorable! The staff was incredibly helpful in assisting us with all of our needs-from arranging an airport transfer, to finding us a restaurant that was open on Christmas, to loaning us a power converter-that she personally owned (after ours broke). The staff assisted us in planning our adventure through the city. The breakfast started our day right and was plentiful-it was nice to have a freshly-made cappuccino to start our day!

The location provided us easy access to all of Rome. The subway was a five minute walk away and the entrance to the Vatican-St. Peter's Square was less than a 10 minute walk.

We would certainly return to Papa Vista in the future and we happily recommend Papa Vista to anyone visiting Rome.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple