“Amazing Food, Great Price”

Grotte del Teatro di Pompeo
Ranked #892 of 12,448 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
“Amazing Food, Great Price”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our hotel in Rome was right next to this restaurant. After an exhausting day of walking around the city, we decided to stay close to "home" and try Teatro for dinner -- wow were we surprised! Not only was it extremely reasonably priced (especially compared to other restaurants near tourist areas), but the food was incredible, and the house wine was fantastic! We ended up eating here two more times before we left Rome. If you are in the area, don't miss this restaurant! We will be back on our next visit to Rome!

• Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sydney
“Our Best Find In Rome”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I discovered this wonderful restaurant on our last visit to Rome in 2012 and headed back on our visit this year. We had our fingers crossed that it had not changed - and we were not disappointed. We have eaten there twice this time and plan to return for another two lunches before we leave Rome. The food is delicious and extremely well priced - and their bottles of very good house wine are a steal at 7 eur. We strongly recommend - and would return at any opportunity.

• Visited June 2014
Slingerlands, New York
“Tuesdays at Teatro”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I ate dinner at Teatro Di Pompeo every Tuesday night for 3 months with my fellow study abroad students in Rome. We were treated to a delightful atmosphere, made even better by the kind staff. Our meals were consistently excellent and we all looked forward to Tuesdays at Pompeo. I would highly recommend Teatro Di Pompeo for anyone looking for an authentic taste of Roma served by its genuinely nice personnel. We miss you, Pompeo!

• Visited January 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great taste of Rome!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stopped in for an early dinner on a whim one night Easter weekend in Rome, and we were not disappointed. I really enjoyed my pesto and the house wine was excellent. The star of the meal, however, was the lamb shank my lady ordered. It was seriously incredible. We loved it! The dining room was rather quiet that evening, and the staff was friendly and laid back. It was a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience and we would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2014
Ecublens, Switzerland
“Antipasti after maincourse :-)”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here today. My husband ordered only a maincourse (linguini alla pesto) while I ordered a starter (antipasti fritti) and a main (fetucchini alla gorgonzola). We waited and waited, I almost finished my glas of red wine before we got anything. They were kind enough to offer us bread sticks with olive oil to shorten the wait. Then the main courses arrived. I asked "what about my antipasti" to witch our waiter replied "sorry madam, you eat after, ok?). I'm not very complicated so didn't object, the food was very good. My fettucchini alla gorgonzola were perfect! From the quality of the food I'd give them the full points but the service was a bit "confused" and in the end to pay was also a bit special. They didn't want to give us a receipt...guess to not pay taxes on our lunch... Again, if you don't mind to wait and possibly eating your starter after the main - the food all tasted excellent!

2 Thank egls1