“Friendly and”

Augusta Lucilla Palace
Ranked #181 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 January 2014

very helpful staff. Spacious room (Superior) and bathroom, both carefully cleaned daily.

Breakfast is buffet style and adequate. (Only point of criticism: The coffee is for Italian standards, a small disaster.)

Very good location.

Without hesitation we recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Closetocrazy

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed at Augusta Lucilla Palace December 2013. We had 2 rooms. Location is excellent, very close to the train station. We found the hotel comfortable, the breakfast was good. Although staff were not rude I didn't find them overly friendly. I thought the rooms could have been cleaner. The overlay on the end of the bed had dirty marks, I removed it but staff placed the same one back on the bed.

1  Thank Daisy115
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a clean, friendly and excellent hotel right in the heart of Rome, we had a lovely time the staff friendly, helpful and gave us good pointers for touring Rome (Thanks George!). see you again that is for sure.The breakfast was more than we expected, and reasonable choices offered, the beds were clean and comfortable, the room was sufficient as we were never in it only to sleep,the bar tariff reasonable with an excellent barman and the room s quiet for a good nights sleep after a busy day touring Rome by foot, the staff could not be more helpful and the guys in reception were always happy to help and give advice, nothing was too much trouble, would definitely stop here again, Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Speak to the staff they will give you good pointers for excellent food,and how to tour the city.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlanandKate F
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in October, 2013 and we had the pleasure time there. The hotel is located in great location with many restaurants around. The breakfast was good. The service was excellent, especially the front desk man named Jim (I think). He usually worked at night time. The room is clean. The air conditioning works good. I gave this hotel 4 stars because there was no iron in the room. We called the room service number asking for the iron and got the answer that there is no iron. Additionally, the bathroom is a little small, especially the standing shower. My husband liked this hotel very much.

Room Tip: The windows of our room facing the main entrance of the hotel, but it is not noisy when we opened th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KKN2014
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Arrived on Dec. 27th with family of 10. Hotel made arrangements for transport to and from airport. Room was clean with comfortable bed. Clean bathroom is tight especially shower and lacks space for toiletries. Front desk staff extremely helpful for directions and recommending local restaurants. Buffet breakfast provided and the food was average although fresh oranges for a snack. Order espresso from servers (no extra charge) because the machine quality is poor. Small lobby with bar. Located in area close to Termini and the area is safe for walking. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I visit Rome in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard room if traffic noise bothers you.
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is certainly not, in my opinion, a 4 star hotel. While reception staff were very pleasant, location good, beds very comfortable and family room was large - all the accouterments, decor and facilities are tired and old fashioned. I understand personal taste and style could influence my perspective but I generally expect a bit more than what was on offer here. Breakfast room very small and had the feeling it was a bit like a boarding school buffet. Coffee was undrinkable as were the juices. However, if you selected a continental type breakfast, you would find something that was acceptable and they kept on replenishing.
On the plus side, room was cleaned well and linen good. My single biggest point was about what constitutes a 4 star hotel and this did not meet the grade in my view. My rating would have been different if it was a 2 or 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Our family room was very large which was really nice. The passages are tiled which is nice from a cl...
1  Thank Gr8sking
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Augusta hotel for 3 nights in November 2013.
The hotel was lovely, decently sized and was ideal for our weekend.
Our weekend was packed seeing all the tourist attractions; the colosseum, Spanish steps, Trevvi Fountain along with many other attractions close by and within walking distance. The hotel is also positioned close by various restaurants and the train station.
We found the hotel staff really friendly and helpful, they were helpful in giving us directions, restaurant ideas, calling us taxis and recommending various 'must do' tourist attractions.
Wifi worked well by reception and in the restaurant area, managed to get the wifi in the hotel room also, but it would cut out every now and then within the room.
We couldn't find any English TV channels, this would have been nice but it definitely didn't ruin our weekend.
The buffet breakfast was rather average but for us this was free when we booked the room so again it's something I wouldn't complain about.
The first couple of nights we did hear a lot of noise from other hotel users and outside the hotel window, but after the first couple of nights we didn't hear it again, so I've put that down to other guests within the hotel.
This hotel is idea for a weekend get away!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple