“Great hotel”

Ranked #184 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Tampa, Florida
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This Is a special hotel. We moved from the St Regis to the Augusta Lucilla Palace! We had 2 nights free at the impressive St Regis. Was a little wary about the move. I needn't have been concerned. The staff was knowledgeable, & multi-lingual. My Italian is nonexistent.
We were impressed with the updated beds, quiet rooms and efficient maid service.
I recommend this hotel to anyone planning to travel to Rome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank beauchampagne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hotel is clean and tidy as are the rooms we stayed in. However the usp for this hotel are the great beds I have never had such a good nights sleep in a hotel. The ability to adjust the beds certainly helped the aching feet and legs after a long day sightseeing. The staff were very good and found them to be professional and assisted wherever they could. The breakfast was good although a little too much salt in the food for my taste. Overall a good place to stay close to Termini and Tour Bus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Fridley, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My mother and I stayed at the August Lucilla Palace last fall during a group tour of Rome. I have since recommended this hotel to family and friends planning a trip to Italy. The hotel was good for the usual reasons: close to the Termini Train Station, directing us to Santa Maria Maggiore for morning mass, helping with internet connection issues, working with us to take care of the "end of stay" hotel fee. It's the unusual reasons that make this "my hotel" when I travel to Rome. When the power went out in the neighborhood, the staff at August Lucilla Palace were ready. We were still able to get access to our rooms, even though there was an electronic key. A secondary series of lights gave a soft glow to the halls and dining area. Although the power went out in the early morning, they prepared a welcoming breakfast. The staff was always professional, friendly, informative, and welcoming.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Athens
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A little bit hard to find, indeed, however in a very manageable location. Although our room wasn't big, it was clean, quiet and cozy. We enjoyed the electric adjustable bed and had foot and neck massage after all day touring in Rome. Great breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

A little bit hard to find, thats true. Bit besides that everything was excelent. I had solo room which was clean with a cute bathroom. AC was turned on when I came so unlike the other hotels you dont need to put your card in reader in order to have AC on. One thing i would appreciate is possibility of roaming when on wifi. They have had N wifi in there but it was only 2.4GHz so when somebody with B/G wifi has connected into it, my signal went down a lot. I had to disconnect and connect to other AP manually then. However there was like 3 wifis in my room so I had no problems with connecting anytime.
Breakfast was just awesome. Although juice was gross :-) . Besides that youve got variety of salt and sweet food. If you will look good enough you can find croissants that are cut a bit and heavily stuffed with nutella. Unfortunatelly i found these at my last day.
What is very important for me was termini station like 3 minutes walking from there.
If I will ever get back to rome I will definitivelly book in here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel for a two night stay, the hotel is only a 4 min walk from the main termini station, (where you get the direct leanardo express train from airport) there was no fuss in finding the hotel, we arrived a bit early and was told the room was not ready until 1400hrs so there was no early check in.

The room we were given was a little on the small side but was very clean and welcoming, we had a shower which was annoying because would have been nice to have a bath, the beds were amazing every room in the hotel have adjustable beds where you can have a remote to change the bed any way you want and vibrates, witch was a godsend because unfortunatly during my stay i had Labrynthitis and was in bed 90% of my stay :-(

Breakfast was included just a continental breakfast of cold meats and pastries but was a good start to the day.

Staff were friendly and had no problems during our stay.

The hotel is a good choice but at £298 for two nights seemed a bit steep but i guess thats the price you pay when in Rome

Room Tip: when make reservation ask to have a room with a bath
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 012adam
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was the the last place we stayed in on our trip to Italy and it was the biggest disappointment. The people at the counter pretended to be friendly but then proceeded to talk about us in Italian, assuming we wouldn't understand them. Our room looked clean initially but upon further inspection it was actually very dirty but had obviously been covered up. The AC wasn't on and the memory foam mattresses are nice when you first lay down but before long they start to feel like a stove-top. The location is really convenient and the breakfast was good but we would never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone we know.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple