“Great place to stay in Rome”
Review of Roman Holidays

Roman Holidays
Ranked #793 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Great place - actually more likely than apartment than hotel that is really ok. Perfect location - really near Vatican. Nice breakfast in nearest cafe Doria with nice and beautiful Italian men-stuff. Funny and rememberable lift, very convenient small shop with fruits, wine, water and other beverages in near door of the building.
I would definitelly suggest this hotel and would stay there again.:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Roman Holidays

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have stayed in Roman Holidays for two nights on my short stop in Rome. Everything was just perfect from the first moment. The room I was given was lovely, with king size bed, TV, mini bar. I love the boutique style of the hotel. The bathroom was very clean and the housekeeping made sure that all is up to high standard everyday. I really like the idea of having breakfast in the small bar Doria which is just few steps away from the hotel. I could choose any pastry, coffee and juice. I enjoyed the Italian language around. The hotel location is perfect in quiet zone of Vatican. So you don't have to worry about being in crowded place. You can definitely relax here. The location is suitable for those who are planning to visit Vatican (less than 10mins walk to the basilica St. Peter ) but also if you are heading old town - all in walking distance. I managed to see the whole city in two days.

I trully reccomend Roman Holidyas as a fantastic place to stay during your Roman visit. You definitely will be happy and satisfied as I was. Whenever I come back to Rome I will surely book Roman Holidays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Livia81
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We booked this accommodation as part of a last minute package and,having read some of the other reviews, were a little apprehensive. Our experience started before we left the U.K. with a text requesting our arrival time to ensure that there was someone there to meet us when we got there. We caught the airport shuttle bus to the Vatican and then walked to the accommodation. If you choose to do this then it would be a great idea to go prepared with a map. Having said that as it is in a residential building there are no huge signs announcing that you have arrived at the apartments. Check in was quick and check out procedure was explained to us as the desk isn't manned 24 hours. We were staying in Rome during a festival when lots of places are shut but were told that we would be provided with €5 per person should we be unable to get the breakfast usually included due to the cafe being closed. However there were no problems getting breakfast on any of the days during our stay. Although breakfast isn't on site it was two minutes walk away and the coffee, juice and pastries were perfectly acceptable for us. As already mentioned there is a small shop by the front entrance to the apartments so you can always get further food at a reasonable price should you wish.
The room that we had was clean and tidy and had everything in that we needed for our stay. The air conditioning worked really well which was essential as we visited in August when the temperatures were in the mid 30s. There was a mini bar in the room which was reasonably priced and having a fridge to keep our water cold was really useful. Our room had a small but functional bathroom with a shower which was compact but sufficient for our needs.
The hotel is located about ten minutes from the Vatican and a short walk from the castle St Angelo and metro. There are lots of places nearby to get dinner but our find of the trip was a couple of doors up from Bar Doria - it advertises happy hour which is a drink and pizza for €5. The food was plentiful and super value and the owner was friendly offering suggestions of places to visit and things to be aware of during our trip.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel if you want budget accommodation in a quiet but central location and a trip in a quirky lift thrown in (you can just fit in two hand luggage sized cases and two people!!!)

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here recently with a friend, during a 3-day visit to Rome. This place was brilliant!! Such a great location, a few minutes walk from the metro and the vatican city, in a safe,residential area with shops and cafes only around the corner. Spotless room and bathroom with modern furnishings and ac! Felt like a 4 star hotel. Lovely lady at the reception was very helpful and friendly. Amazing value for money, would highly recommend! Can be a little difficult to find on the street as there's no formal hotel reception or sign- it's located on the upper floors of a building and you have to ring a buzzer outside to get in. Will definitely stay here if I'm in Rome again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TeeBeeBo
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We booked this hotel for a two night stay. After we had booked and paid for two nights in advance, we were told we would only have one night in this hotel and would have to move round the corner to another hotel. I called the hotel and said I would not have booked the hotel if I had known we would have to move after one night, after all, we were only staying for two nights. I was told that unfortunately they had double booked. I checked out the alternative hotel and the reviews and pictures were in my opinion appalling, not of the same standard as the Roman Holidays pictures. The staff I spoke to were polite but made it clear there was nothing they could do to help me. Fortunately I contacted the company I had booked it through who refunded the cost of the hotel for two nights, but it is worth checking before you book that you will be staying in only one hotel.

1  Thank Vhaire S
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed in this apartment for four days. It is very conveniently located near the Vatican museums in a quiet location. The apartments are on the top floor of an old building. As with many of the European apartment buildings the elevators are a later addition and as a rule they are quite tiny. Even by that standards the elevator in this apartment are a joke! It can take one person and one small bag, that's it!

The room itself was quite tiny though adequate. The air conditioning in the middle of hot summer was less than effective and the room becomes quite hot.

The manager of this apartment is a lovely girl and was there to receive us when we arrived, arranging our pickup from the airport. However after that we never saw her again! There is usually no one at the front desk to help you with your inquiries at all! You are on your own. Even when we checked out we didn't see anyone at the front desk. We simply left the keys in the room and left.

Definitely recommend it if you are in for a short stay of two or three days.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Venu P
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is a B&B rather than a hotel but the staff were very helpful regarding check in arrangements even when we had to change them. The room and ensuite was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable. The air conditioning was a boon and totally necessary in the heat. The decor is smart but a bit dark. Although it is more to the north of the city, Metro and bus links are excellent and you can walk to places if you want to. Very close to the Vatican and an excellent area for shopping, bars and restaurants which are popular with the locals. We enjoyed going for breakfast to the local cafe. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask if you can choose a room?