“Hard To Fault”

Ranked #107 of 12,585 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Hours: Dinner: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Open 7 days a week. Chef Francesco Apreda
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Incredible views over Rome, more than matched by superb service. Probably a little to fussy for average tastes.

DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our restaurant Imàgo during your stay in Rome.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the view of Rome as well as the professional service of our staff.

I hope you will have the opportunity of returning to dine at Imàgo again in the near future!

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Imago at the Hassler

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Arrive before sunset. Watch the sun go down over the domes of Rome as the city begins to light up. If you're lucky, there will be fireworks as there were for us. Save up and get the pricey tasting menu. It is superb. Ask for a window table. And by all means, start with a glass of champagne. This is what dreams are made of.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and for sharing your comments about your dining experience.

I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed seeing the sun setting over the rooftops of historic Rome while you dined at Imàgo. It is definitely an incredible sight to see and if it is accompanied by incredible cuisine, champagne and fireworks the experience is even more so!

I hope you will have many more opportunities for you to return to dine at Imàgo in the near future!

Cheers!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had reserved our table and the degustation menu months in advance but were still pleasantly surprised to be shown to probably the best table in the restaurant for our dinner. Rome was transforming from daylight to dusk and night as we ate and the view added immeasurably to the experience.
The degustation menu was absolutely excellent with cheerful, friendly and efficient service by people who were extremely well versed in the product which they served proudly with the right amount of advice.
This restaurant is an opportunity too good to miss.

2  Thank tss
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your dining experience at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo. I am very pleased to know you were very satisfied with the table you received and that you enjoyed the whole experience immensely.

The excellent selection and contemporary cuisine prepared by our Chef Apreda paired with the beautiful view of the Eternal city that distinguishes our restaurant is the very reason it is a unique and incredible dining experience. I am glad you found this to be true and that you describe it as “an opportunity too good to miss”.

Our staff will also be very happy to hear how much you appreciated their friendly and efficient service.

We hope you will have further opportunities to visit the Hassler and our panoramic restaurant Imàgo again in the future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We ate here in April and we wanted to compliment and thank the chef for his thoughtfulness and wonderful menu he made especially for me! I requested a strict vegan five course meal and was told that the chef would do his best!
Well, I had one of the most delicious and imaginative meals I have ever eaten!!
I highly recommend any vegan or vegetarian who wants to sample perfection!!
As well as being in one of the most beautiful dining rooms with a perfect view!
It was well worth the price!
We will be returning in June and each time we are in Rome!!!
So thank you very much, Imago!!
Isabella and Ami Saker

DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen to dine at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo and for having taken the time to share your comments. Our Chef Francesco Apreda, his team and I were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed his creative 5 course vegan meal and that you will be returning to Imàgo again shortly.

I was delighted to learn that we met your expectations in every way and that you fully enjoyed your evening with us.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Hassler and Imàgo once again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I heard about this restaurant in one of the food articles I read about-- top restaurants to eat in Rome. For the price you pay, I expected more from the food! Yes yes, the view was nice...and the service was good, BUT the food-- come on, I did not fly all the way to Rome to eat stuff that I can make at home. I guess it was my fault for choosing a "fancy" restaurant in Rome.

The chef really tried his best to add a twist of fusion flare to the Italian food. If you are looking for authentic Italian food, turn the other way!

I didn't even finish my entree, nor did my fiancé. We were both disappointed.

The service was great and attentive. Again, the view was nice and the dessert was amazing.

Would I recommend this restaurant to my family or friends? No way (no offense to the Imago chef and his staff). I really just expected more after reading the reviews.

4  Thank jstar520
DirezioneHassler, Direttore generale at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your comments, which are always very important to me in the interest of constantly improving upon our guests’ experience.

I was surprised and very sorry to learn of your disappointment and have passed on your comments to our Chef and to our restaurant’s staff to better understand why the cuisine was not up to your expectations.

Our restaurant’s team works very hard to please our customers, and I certainly hope you will allow us another chance in the future to be able to change your mind about the menu selection suggested by our Chef.

Kind regards,